Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon

Booked for June 23. Any idea if the new attraction there, "Miss Adventure Falls" will be open at night or how late it will run? I am delighted that they have lights now on the Crushin Gusher, as we love that ride.

For those who went past years, how is the bus service? What time do you recommend getting to the bus? And does anyone have experience taking the bus from Disney Springs vs. the resort? We are signed up for the 1st event and are trying to decide where and when to have dinner before. Thanks!

I could be wrong, but think for this event the buses run from the resorts only. We are staying at Old Key West (very close to Typhoon Lagoon) and taking the ferry boat to Disney Springs for an early dinner there and then back to OKW where we will take the bus from the Hospitality House. Last year they had several specially chartered buses to and from Typhoon Lagoon and while the lines were long to catch the bus, the wait between buses was not bad at all. They said the bus service starts at 6:30pm, but I don't think you can get into Typhoon Lagoon until 7:30pm (unless you have a separate admission ticket to Typhoon Lagoon) according to what we were told. Don't know if they would let you in earlier or not if you have your special DVC Moonlight Magic wrist bands on.

For those who went past years, how is the bus service? What time do you recommend getting to the bus? And does anyone have experience taking the bus from Disney Springs vs. the resort? We are signed up for the 1st event and are trying to decide where and when to have dinner before. Thanks!
We went last year and bus service was a nightmare. They were prepared and have charter buses brought in. We just drive ourselves now. Was told that the bus will try to get you there by 7ish but the party didn't start until 9 so technically they had until that time to get you there.

We used their bus service last year both ways. We thought the bus service was fine from/to BCV. I remember talking about it that night.

We are booked and driving ourselves since we are staying offsite!

I could be wrong, but think for this event the buses run from the resorts only. We are staying at Old Key West (very close to Typhoon Lagoon) and taking the ferry boat to Disney Springs for an early dinner there and then back to OKW where we will take the bus from the Hospitality House. Last year they had several specially chartered buses to and from Typhoon Lagoon and while the lines were long to catch the bus, the wait between buses was not bad at all. They said the bus service starts at 6:30pm, but I don't think you can get into Typhoon Lagoon until 7:30pm (unless you have a separate admission ticket to Typhoon Lagoon) according to what we were told. Don't know if they would let you in earlier or not if you have your special DVC Moonlight Magic wrist bands on.

Hmmm. This is important to me since we plan to eat dinner at Disney Springs before going to Typhoon Lagoon too.

The email confirmation I got after signing up states:

"Complimentary event bus transportation will be offered between Disney Vacation Club Resorts and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park between 6:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. Buses will be staged at the main Resort bus stop at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. Members staying at non-Disney Vacation Club Resorts may utilize bus transportation to Disney Springs and then transfer to the Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park bus at the Disney Springs bus depot. Return transportation will also connect through Disney Springs."

So according to the email, there will be transport between Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. At least I hope so.

We are booked as well! I am excited to try TL at night for once. We have a cabana booked there for the 3rd, and are deciding if we are going to keep it or just stick with the free night.

:-)

Booked for June 23. Any idea if the new attraction there, "Miss Adventure Falls" will be open at night or how late it will run? I am delighted that they have lights now on the Crushin Gusher, as we love that ride.

I am wondering what attractions will be opened during this event as well. I have been searching but have come up empty. Does anyone have a list of attractions that will be open during the Moonlight DVC Typhoon Lagoon Party? Would love to know what rides/attractions will be open. Does the lazy river run? Miss Adventure Falls? Crusher Gusher? Thanks for the help in advance.

Rob

The only thing I remember being closed last year was crush n' gusher (now it has lights did not last year) and the snack foods were only what DVC provided. Alcohol may have be available not sure.

I am wondering what attractions will be opened during this event as well. I have been searching but have come up empty. Does anyone have a list of attractions that will be open during the Moonlight DVC Typhoon Lagoon Party? Would love to know what rides/attractions will be open. Does the lazy river run? Miss Adventure Falls? Crusher Gusher? Thanks for the help in advance.

Rob

I have heard that last year the lazy river ran but Crushin Gusher was only open at the very beginning and then it closed. But I am reading mixed reports that they have since added lights so that it can be open maybe this year? Miss Adventure Falls is the new ride right so who knows about that one. Hopefully it will be open. I don't think there's been a published list of what all will or won't be open. But if it doesn't have lights safe bet is that it will be closed...

I just realized that GD is 1.5 inches short to ride Crushin Gusher - 48 inches. Can't say i remember it being especially aggressive

Oh well, will find plenty else to do.

We are booked for July 5th. 9 people in total. Can't wait!!!

Is the modify reservation link working for anyone? It appears the website has changed for the event-- it went from "disneynow.com" to "eventsbydisney.com". The graphic in the confirmation email is no longer showing as well.

I wanted to check availability to add 2 more guests. A call to MS said that they do not do that over the phone and it can only be done using the website.

There's a link to "check for potential new openings" in the event details but that's for new registrants, not current ones.

Is the modify reservation link working for anyone? It appears the website has changed for the event-- it went from "disneynow.com" to "eventsbydisney.com". The graphic in the confirmation email is no longer showing as well.

Nope. Just checked. I was trying to modify us from 4 down to 3 as our middle adult son has decided to not go.

The website now states that you have to call MS to check for openings. Will call tomorrow morning to attempt to modify my reservation for Friday's event.

This will be our first Moonlight event and first time at Typhoon Lagoon. What are we supposed to bring? Our own towels? Are goggles allowed? Do people stay barefoot the whole time? Do they have lockers everywhere?
Thanks!

We will know more soon as the first one is tonight. I read last year towels were available. I went 2 years ago and you had to rent towels or bring your own. There is a fee for lockers. We are going to the July 13 one, so should know about this years event this weekend from first hand guests.

Hope to see everyone tonight. The weather is perfect today. Hurt my back yesterday, I'm hoping it feels better tonight or the kids will be enjoying the slides by themselves. It might be a night of lazy river and the edge of the wave pool for me, either way it will be fun.

Have fun everyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!