Moonlight Magic passes for Sept 19

kjm4

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone. Looking for two passes for September 19 at Hollywood Studios. My daughter and I planned a trip to attend this months ago and unfortunately we weren’t successful during either sign in period. This obviously won’t wreck the trip but it would make it pretty cool. PM me if you are able to help.

Thanks.

Hello kjm4. I have the same problem. My husband and I booked months ago, and I couldn't get the passes either. I don't think they should call it a "benefit" if everyone who wants to go can't attend. I was on the computer right at 9 o'clock both times, as I'm sure you and a lot of others were. And they keep building more and more DVC resorts on the property! I really don't like to be teased. Oh, well. I'm glad I got that off my chest. Folks, after if you have 2 extra passes, please give them to kjm4. If you have 4, please consider giving the other 2 to me and my husband.

It seems to be quite popular. I don’t know what the solution is but it will only get worse. Maybe you have to wait until the second sign up period if you’ve already attended an event that year? We live in WI so we don’t have a ton a flexibility to just “pop down”. Good luck on getting passes!

[/QUOTE] Yes, and what few spots that were available filled up in less than 10 minutes (reportedly).[/QUOTE]

I was on 10 minutes early and at 9:09 got the message that there was no availability.

I also had the same experience. We booked a room in March. Was online ON TIME for both early registration and regular and could not get a pass either. We are looking for 2-4 passes if anyone is having to cancel. It would really be appreciated. We planned our entire trip around this event. I feel cheated and got no help or direction when I called today. Very disappointed, not up to Disney standards, in my opinion

I also had the same experience. We booked a room in March. Was online ON TIME for both early registration and regular and could not get a pass either. We are looking for 2-4 passes if anyone is having to cancel. It would really be appreciated. We planned our entire trip around this event. I feel cheated and got no help or direction when I called today. Very disappointed, not up to Disney standards, in my opinion
Was Moonlight Magic one of the bigger reasons you bought your points direct? If it was, the reason you didn’t get any help or direction is that this event played out exactly as it was designed.

Was Moonlight Magic one of the bigger reasons you bought your points direct? If it was, the reason you didn’t get any help or direction is that this event played out exactly as it was designed.
It wasn’t. We initially bought in because we liked the idea of passing it down to our kids and the Florida resident price for season passes. We usually try to go twice a year, but also enjoy the option to stay at select resorts around the world. We had points we had to use due to a private family issue and figured MM at HS was a perfect time. It’s not easy to take of work for us and I’m just overall disappointed with the way the whole process is.

It wasn’t. We initially bought in because we liked the idea of passing it down to our kids and the Florida resident price for season passes. We usually try to go twice a year, but also enjoy the option to stay at select resorts around the world. We had points we had to use due to a private family issue and figured MM at HS was a perfect time. It’s not easy to take of work for us and I’m just overall disappointed with the way the whole process is.
I’m sorry that didn’t work out, but the truth is, Disney doesn’t care if the MM booking system is equitable. What they like is buzz it can generate and the exclusivity of the event in the minds of potential owners.

A lot of owners who have been around a while have adopted a very sobering (read: cynical?) perspective on these member benefits. Which is that they’re there to move contracts. Full stop. That we as owners can benefit from them occasionally? Great. But that’s not a DVD focus, so the sooner you’re able to see the system for what it is (and in turn, recalibrate any notions of a benevolent management who’s looking out for owners), the sooner you’ll have a more realistic, healthier relationship with your membership.

I’m understand the membership directive. What I’m really upset about is the response by the Disney staff members. Disney has always prided themselves on ensuring a “magical” experience for every guest. And, until now, that’s exactly what I’ve seen and experienced. The Disney standard is important to me. I always said, Disney doesn’t do anything half-a**’d. And they didn’t even come close to half with this one. The lack of motivation and/or initiative to try and correct an obvious dysfunctional system is discouraging. And the implication that it may be purposeful, while it may be true...well, that simply is unacceptable.

Disney has always prided themselves on ensuring a “magical” experience for every guest. And, until now, that’s exactly what I’ve seen and experienced. The Disney standard is important to me. I always said, Disney doesn’t do anything half-a**’d.
Denial - Check
And they didn’t even come close to half with this one. The lack of motivation and/or initiative to try and correct an obvious dysfunctional system is discouraging. And the implication that it may be purposeful, while it may be true...well, that simply is unacceptable.
Anger - Check

You're well on your way to acceptance.

We initially bought in because we liked the idea of passing it down to our kids and the Florida resident price for season passes.
Owning DVC does not allow you to purchase passes as a FL Resident. Granted, FL Resident & DVC Member pricing is currently the same, but there is no guarantee that DVC pricing will always be available or be the same as FL Resident pricing. Also, there are several passes only available to FL Residents which owning DVC does not automatically make you eligible for.

Owning DVC does not allow you to purchase passes as a FL Resident. Granted, FL Resident & DVC Member pricing is currently the same, but there is no guarantee that DVC pricing will always be available or be the same as FL Resident pricing. Also, there are several passes only available to FL Residents which owning DVC does not automatically make you eligible for.
I don’t think I said it guaranteed that? I just said it was one thing that I liked when we bought in. And I’m sure I said “Florida resident price”, not as a Florida resident. I’m sorry if you feel I implied otherwise.

I feel cheated and got no help or direction when I called today. Very disappointed, not up to Disney standards, in my opinion

The Moonlight Magic attendance limit is likely far less than the number of DVC guests staying on-site during any of the event nights. Exact figures are not known but they may not have space for more than 1/2 of villa occupants. As such, there really isn't much DVC can do immediately fix the situation. They can't squeeze in everyone that calls to complain.

They would be foolish to not consider changes to the registration process. It has already been tweaked in recent years. The limit of one event per theme park was new for 2018. Perhaps next year it will be capped at 1 event per membership over the entire calendar year.

The Moonlight Magic nights at the Magic Kingdom earlier this year did not fill up with anything close to this speed. Members could still register as little as 2 days before the first event. (https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...emains-for-2018-magic-kingdom-moonlight-magic). Having the events reach capacity within hours/minutes of the registration start is very much a new phenomenon and a fix isn't always simple to implement.

I would like to see a lottery system that gives each DVC reservation one chance at attending an event that their reservation falls under, but also not announce the event till the 6 month mark.

I’m understand the membership directive. What I’m really upset about is the response by the Disney staff members. Disney has always prided themselves on ensuring a “magical” experience for every guest. And, until now, that’s exactly what I’ve seen and experienced. The Disney standard is important to me. I always said, Disney doesn’t do anything half-a**’d. And they didn’t even come close to half with this one. The lack of motivation and/or initiative to try and correct an obvious dysfunctional system is discouraging. And the implication that it may be purposeful, while it may be true...well, that simply is unacceptable.

I'm curious about these statements and why you feel this way.

There's many threads on this matter and how we as members believed it can be fixed. At the end of the day the purpose of the event is to have a limited attendance for a more exclusive experience. We can agree or disagree til the cows come home about whether this is the right 'benefit' to give to members. I can guarantee that whatever change is made will make some other person upset. Can't please everyone.

Calling MS minutes after being denied tickets and expecting a system overhaul from a front line cast member isn't realistic. There is absolutely nothing that can be done at that level other than log your concern and forward it off. Was the situation their 'lack of motivation/initiative to correct, or was it an inability to do the thing you were asking them to do?

Having worked through industries with 'customers' I've seen time and time again where the employee was pleasant as pie but couldn't do what the 'customer' wanted so no matter what the outcome the employee was an a**.

Again, I don't know your experience with this situation so if you care to elaborate we can understand better what your concern was as stuff like this affects all members.

The reason I called after the registration window had reached full capacity was to find out how to become aware if there was a cancellation. The website said “please check back”. Considering the lengthy instructions for registration, I simply wanted to be able to adequately register if a spot became available. The response I got was, “just check the site”. That’s it. I wanted to ask if they knew the probability of a cancellation, as I work in the medical field and hospitals don’t close on weekends. I probably won’t have time to continuously check the site. But I just kept getting the same response, “just check the site”. Working with patients also requires one to keep a positive attitude in hard situations, and I know they probably received quite a few calls from disgruntled members yesterday, but it’s just simply unacceptable. After reading about the same experiences with the Epcot MM and the AK MM, it just seems like Disney would have the initiative to adjust the protocol for registration. Anytime I’ve ever had a problem at Disney, I have always been adequately helped or directed to a person or website that could help me if that staff member didn’t know the answer.
Overall, it just seems discouraging to have done everything that was required and then feel like you never had a chance to get in. I don’t know the solution. I posted on here bc I assumed it would be easier to find out about a cancellation here vs checking the website repeatedly.

One of the disheartening factors for me is that I will see bloggers post on social media attending the DVC Moonlight Magic Events (in fact certain bloggers attend all the MM events!) when they are not members, but get invited either by Disney or attend as guests of DVC members. I know it's luck of draw, but I always feel like they've taken spots of actual members with considerable financial interest in DVC.

I'm curious about these statements and why you feel this way.

There's many threads on this matter and how we as members believed it can be fixed. At the end of the day the purpose of the event is to have a limited attendance for a more exclusive experience. We can agree or disagree til the cows come home about whether this is the right 'benefit' to give to members. I can guarantee that whatever change is made will make some other person upset. Can't please everyone.

Calling MS minutes after being denied tickets and expecting a system overhaul from a front line cast member isn't realistic. There is absolutely nothing that can be done at that level other than log your concern and forward it off. Was the situation their 'lack of motivation/initiative to correct, or was it an inability to do the thing you were asking them to do?

Having worked through industries with 'customers' I've seen time and time again where the employee was pleasant as pie but couldn't do what the 'customer' wanted so no matter what the outcome the employee was an a**.

Again, I don't know your experience with this situation so if you care to elaborate we can understand better what your concern was as stuff like this affects all members.

Between this and the Disney App/MDE fiasco this week two things are very clear, disney needs to get their tech into order and their guests need to understand who is at fault. And it's not the front line cast members. I definitely feel for people who could not register. If I were not as lucky to get through, I would be disappointed as well. But I really don't see the point in calling up MS and demanding to get in or yelling at the CM/Guide that they don't care enough. They probably do care but they are limited in their ability to recover this situation. They are probably explicitly told not to give out any extra passes no matter what unless space opens up.

In the meantime, if someone is disappointed and wants to vent then yeah do that. If you want your voice heard, email someone in charge. Lay out completely what went wrong and what you think might be better. It doesn't matter if they agree with what it is, but then your concerns are out there. One thing is for sure, if they didn't limit the guests members would be complaining of too many people present and long lines, and rightfully so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!