Moonlight Magic questions

drosenbe0813

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping to get reservations for the 1/28 MK moonlight magic. I have a few questions that I don't see specifically addressed.

Can my 'guests' be non DVC members?

Is the evening like a party night, where I can enter the park early (e.g. 4pm) using my DVC reservation?

Will HEA be run that night?

Thanks in advance

Can my 'guests' be non DVC members?
Yes.

Is the evening like a party night, where I can enter the park early (e.g. 4pm) using my DVC reservation?
Early entry will be permitted, but DVC has not yet provided the exact time that will be allowed.

Will HEA be run that night?
Yes. Currently scheduled to be shown at 8 pm when the MK closes for the evening to regular guests.

FYI: you would be better off posting these types of questions in one of the DVC specific sub-forums.

Your guest need to be listed on your resort reservation. For example, I had a 2 bedroom for the typhoon lagoon event this summer and had my family of 8 listed on the room reservation were all registered to attend.

Your guest need to be listed on your resort reservation. For example, I had a 2 bedroom for the typhoon lagoon event this summer and had my family of 8 listed on the room reservation were all registered to attend.
The reservation process for the Moonlight Magic Events only requires you to provide the number of guests attending, not their names.

The reservation process for the Moonlight Magic Events only requires you to provide the number of guests attending, not their names.

What I mean is if your resort reservation had 2 guest on the room reservation, you can’t sign up for 6 people.

What I mean is if your resort reservation had 2 guest on the room reservation, you can’t sign up for 6 people.
Not supposed to, but the moonlight magic reservation system doesn't prevent it.

Does everyone need to be present in order to receive wristbands or can I pick them all up?

As far as what happened with the Epcot Moonlight Magic event, the maximum number of people you could bring was 6 or the number of people registered in your room. So if you have a Grand Villa with 13 people (12 over 3 and 1 under 3), you can all go to the event. On the other hand, if only 1 person was on the reservation, you can still bring 5 friends who aren't in your room.

If I remember correctly, the other terms was the member had to be one of the people attending, bring a copy of the reservation, have ID and your member card. Also, if two (or more) people are listed on the DVC membership, they can't each register a separate group of people.

Granted, that is the way it worked for the Epcot event, the parameters could change for the MK.

can you make a reservation online or must you call. what time does reservations open. looking at 1/28 so it opens tomorrow, 7th

can you make a reservation online or must you call. what time does reservations open. looking at 1/28 so it opens tomorrow, 7th
Per DVC, reservations will be online only. For the prior Moonlight Magic events, online reservations opened at 9 am eastern.

...online reservations opened at 9 am eastern.

based on the Epcot reservations process: Take that with a grain of salt. Technically it started at 9am. but it took a lot longer then that to actually make the reservation. I think they had problems on their end dealing with all the traffic.

FYI,

I made a reservation at *** for the single night of the event (1/28) and tried using the online system on 12/7, the first day of reservations. It wasn't working and I ended up calling up DVC member services. It must have been a nightmare for them, and i'm pretty sure that they were hand writing the reservation. I never received a confirmation email, and when I called up today, was told that there a team entering all the reservations into the system and i'd get my email in about a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter