Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Pretty quiet over here! Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day, my friends!!!

Marita, hope you're all healed and doing well :)

It's been a long time....

Marita do you feel me close.. Lol We flew in this afternoon Just in time for the afternoon rain shower. Sitting at the Holiday Express by the airport.

We are heading on the Dream tomorrow.

How have you been. Saw Moo last weekend..

Hope your doing well, are you retiring yet. Nice pic of your daughter on face book. No grand baby yet... Lol

Hi Nab, nice to hear from you. Enjoy your cruise!
I found it Disney won't pay for my insurance till I'm 65, or I have to pay between 750-$1200 a month. I could, but I don't want to lol, and I was waffling about retiring anyway, so I am shooting for August 1, 2017. That will get me to 45 yrs with Disney and I get a nice statue of Walt and Mickey (worth a few hundred on Ebay, lol) and a big party in MK. But I'm not sure I will make it another year, so I may bail anytime...

Wow, that's expensive for insurance, Marita! Ours is in the $300 per month range. Is your hubby paying that much or are you covering him? Our cost goes to zero when one spouse is Medicare age, but then you have to pay for Medicare.

It was nice seeing Nabbie's family again. Sure wish I had been able to cruise too!!! Hubby and I are buying a fifth wheel camper next week! It'll be nice to have our own place to stay when visiting our daughter and
SIL. We plan to visit them in early October after a shakedown trip so we can figure out how everything works.

Hi Minnie Moo, love your username. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Shelby and this thread looks like fun.

Welcome, Shelby! We're not very active these days on account of Facebook, but a few of us still post here once in a while...

Moo, hubby's insurance is paid by Disney, since he retired at 67. I could get Cobra at about $700/mo, but not sure what that is, and since I just had a 120,000+ surgery, I don't want to take the chance. Anyway, I wasn't really ready to retire anyway. Younger workers are out of luck though, they don't get insurance or pension (or very little pension), we are lucky that we are old, LOL.

Moo, hubby's insurance is paid by Disney, since he retired at 67. I could get Cobra at about $700/mo, but not sure what that is, and since I just had a 120,000+ surgery, I don't want to take the chance. Anyway, I wasn't really ready to retire anyway. Younger workers are out of luck though, they don't get insurance or pension (or very little pension), we are lucky that we are old, LOL.

Who are you calling old...lol

If I was that close to an anniversary year I would stick it out too. Are you still at Downtown Disney or did you go back to a resort. I guess I'm am old can't remember things ...

Got home save , we were suppose to land in Buffalo at 5:30 got there at 8:30 pm. Finally in the front door at 11:00 pm. It was a long day of travel.

Hi Shelby , welcome....sadly more people used to come here to chat . Feel free to come back. We chat about anything ...

Nabbie, glad you are safely home! Did Nicholas do OK with the college aged group?

Marita, have you checked to see if you can be covered for less under your husband's retiree health insurance? I know I am fortunate to have a decent pension and somewhat affordable insurance. The younger employees have to invest in the State's 401(k) or 457 program and hope for the best. The match percentage isn't that great. On the other hand' I don't think younger employees typically stay in the same job for 30+ years, so having portable retirement benefits is probably better for them.

Nabbie, glad you are safely home! Did Nicholas do OK with the college aged group?

Marita, have you checked to see if you can be covered for less under your husband's retiree health insurance? I know I am fortunate to have a decent pension and somewhat affordable insurance. The younger employees have to invest in the State's 401(k) or 457 program and hope for the best. The match percentage isn't that great. On the other hand' I don't think younger employees typically stay in the same job for 30+ years, so having portable retirement benefits is probably better for them.

Moo, hubby is covered by Disney too, I don't think it would be any cheaper. Anyway, I still like to work, except for the drive, but I have pretty sweet hours these day, 10-4 M-TH and work all day from home on Fridays. But if I get tired of it all before August, I still can retire no problem.

Nab, glad you made it home safe. I am still across from DTD, I like it fine, I have no stress these days, which is worth a lot!

Hi, Mony!!!

Might be easier to just make a closed Facebook group to keep in touch these days! That way we could have a no politics policy. I'm sure my current politics would not set well with several people...

Mony that is great , I have seen pics of you new home it is beautiful. We have been cruising on Disney more. We have a New Year's Eve on planned but with our Canadian Dollar so low we might have to cancel.

Moo saw that you were on the Fantasy when it had to be helped in after dry dock. Do you have your trailer out yet? We are getting our boo boo from last year fixed as we speak. We were also looking at shorter ones but it is hard because you have to give up so much to go shorter.

Marita saw you were retiring ...it must be close now. Are you counting the days?

Love seeing on the pictures. Truth be told I only know a few people over there by there real name which is a shame and I am not friends with everyone either since I started my own later. Most of don't post often either. I miss a lot of them.

Still like to come here and look on the Community board and cruise board. I"m here almost daily still.

we just came back from a very HOT trip to the HOuse of the Mouse..we had a great time celebrating our 50th.. we were in AK the day the new ride opened. we had fast passes only for the River ride part. but people were in line for six hours.. they lined up before six am.. we did have fast passes for the new ride..but when some CM and managers said that it was very motion sickness type..we opted out.. I miss you guys too...I retired from the Dis last October I think..I wasnt needed anymore..hahaha..seriously ..My name is not Pumba on facebook...but I am there..

we just came back from a very HOT trip to the HOuse of the Mouse..we had a great time celebrating our 50th.. we were in AK the day the new ride opened. we had fast passes only for the River ride part. but people were in line for six hours.. they lined up before six am.. we did have fast passes for the new ride..but when some CM and managers said that it was very motion sickness type..we opted out.. I miss you guys too...I retired from the Dis last October I think..I wasnt needed anymore..hahaha..seriously ..My name is not Pumba on facebook...but I am there..

Almost forgot what you dis name was , knew who you were when you said you just had your 50th anniversary. Saw the pics. Loved the ears !

Last Minute trip down. When we moved down to Georgia my son Zack stayed in Michigan for school and he is coming down July 3 for several weeks.

I miss him!

We rented a house and will purchase 4 day tickets.

We have one day to lounge at the pool all day. The house has its own screened in pool!

With moving and fixing the house up the kids have endured a lot. I wanted to give them some Magic!

get some cooling clothes...those things work...of course they would work better if I could of found mine...we took it easy ..very hot and humid.. I did get two shells to open at Epcot Japan..and in the first one was a silver pearl..I was so excited...( I needed two ..one for our granddaughter taht is 11 and one for our new great granddaughter)..so the second shell gets opened and WOW..two ..twins ..silver pearls..so had all three made into Necklace holders...was so excited...the Japanese girl said very unusual to get twin silver and one by itself all at the same time...I was ready to come home after 9 days but now I am ready to go back...Disney has a way of doing that to people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!