More Hilton Head ???'s...elevators and Pluto!!

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Do all the villa buildings have elevators at HHIR? How many stories high are the buildings? We always request top floor because I am a light sleeper and foot traffic will wake me, but I read somewhere that the buildings have stairs only so that may change our request!

We also saw a video of Pluto on Facebook. Is he now a permanent resident at HHI like Donald and Goofy at Vero?

As always--thank you!!

Pluto is permanent at HHI.

The Live Oak lodge does have an elevator. The other buildings do not. The other buildings are all 2 stories, the lodge is 3. Even in the other buildings there are 4-5 steps/stairs to get to the first floor as they are all raised.

Pluto is permanent at HHI.

The Live Oak lodge does have an elevator. The other buildings do not. The other buildings are all 2 stories, the lodge is 3. Even in the other buildings there are 4-5 steps/stairs to get to the first floor as they are all raised.

Thanks for the clarification--I actually didn't believe that a Disney resort would not have elevators! We don't mind stairs and usually take them rather than the elevator, but hauling luggage/bags/fishing gear etc may not be fun without an elevator..Are there building requests that you would recommend or avoid?

Are there any other characters besides Pluto?

Thanks for the clarification--I actually didn't believe that a Disney resort would not have elevators! We don't mind stairs and usually take them rather than the elevator, but hauling luggage/bags/fishing gear etc may not be fun without an elevator..Are there building requests that you would recommend or avoid?

Building request are dependent on what view you really want. A view of the marsh, island, or pool. IMO none of them are bad. We typically end up in the lodge because we book a studio and most of the lock offs are in the lodge.

If you are getting a studio or 1-bedroom chances are you will be in the main lodge as 16 of the 21 studio/1-bedrooms are located there. Dedicated two-bedrooms and Grand Villas are in the other buildings.

Building request are dependent on what view you really want. A view of the marsh, island, or pool. IMO none of them are bad. We typically end up in the lodge because we book a studio and most of the lock offs are in the lodge.

If you are getting a studio or 1-bedroom chances are you will be in the main lodge as 16 of the 21 studio/1-bedrooms are located there. Dedicated two-bedrooms and Grand Villas are in the other buildings.

We will be in a 2 bedroom and probably would prefer a marsh view. Is anything really that long of a walk other than the beach? It is hard to judge from the map how spread out the resort really is. I know we will spend time at the lodge, fishing pier, and pool but if it is all relatively close like Vero, location wouldn't matter too much for us.

We will be in a 2 bedroom and probably would prefer a marsh view. Is anything really that long of a walk other than the beach? It is hard to judge from the map how spread out the resort really is. I know we will spend time at the lodge, fishing pier, and pool but if it is all relatively close like Vero, location wouldn't matter too much for us.
Everything is very close.

Are there any dvc rooms in the Live Oak lodge? Never mind. I see that there are! I will be sure to request the main lodge. Are there any dedicated studios? What kind of view is from the lodge?

Are there any dvc rooms in the Live Oak lodge? Never mind. I see that there are! I will be sure to request the main lodge. Are there any dedicated studios? What kind of view is from the lodge?
The whole resort is DVC. There are no dedicated studios, they all have a door that connects them to a one-bedroom.

We love the main lodge. Always request it for our stays in 1 BR. Of the 21 studios at the resort, 16 are in the main lodge, pretty good odds for a studio. Some beautiful views there-

OKW doesn't have elevators except for the three buildings that were built after the Commodore House was torn down.

We have a 2BR booked for May. How possible is it to get a lock off 2BR in the main lodge? I sent email via DVC website. My mom is coming and needs a double knee replacement so the stairs will stink for her.

I can't wait
for our 2nd visit to HHI.
We are in a 2 bedroom this time. I will have to investigate which buildings to request.

I am looking forward to seeing the renovations. The last time we were there it wa 2012 with old decor.

We always book a studio and we always get upgraded to a 1 bedroom. I still have not seen a studio. We have stayed there three times. The last time we were there was Sept. 2016 and we were right off the elevator in the lodge on the top floor. We open the door and yes a 1 bedroom again. We could not believe it. The cast members are great there. I think better than Vero anymore.

I have stayed there MANY times and only once was upgraded from a studio to an accessible 1-bedroom. Just don't want folks to think this is the norm :-)

We always book a studio and we always get upgraded to a 1 bedroom. I still have not seen a studio. We have stayed there three times. The last time we were there was Sept. 2016 and we were right off the elevator in the lodge on the top floor. We open the door and yes a 1 bedroom again. We could not believe it. The cast members are great there. I think better than Vero anymore.

We have stayed there 4 times and no upgrades. But it's still the best resort with the best CMs.

DVC replied to my message and said there are no 2BR villas in the lodge or the connecting building either. So we'd have to request 1st floor and may have 8-10 steps up. Not sure my mom can do that. Now I wish I had booked a 1BR and a studio separately. I had assumed we could get a lock off in the main building. Maybe I will email or fax the resort itself and see if they can help. Otherwise, I would request 2BR with the least steps they have.

DVC replied to my message and said there are no 2BR villas in the lodge or the connecting building either. So we'd have to request 1st floor and may have 8-10 steps up. Not sure my mom can do that. Now I wish I had booked a 1BR and a studio separately. I had assumed we could get a lock off in the main building. Maybe I will email or fax the resort itself and see if they can help. Otherwise, I would request 2BR with the least steps they have.

Yes, I suspect that if you email the resort directly, they may have a different answer.

We have stayed there 4 times and no upgrades. But it's still the best resort with the best CMs.

Good luck. It will really depend on when you are traveling and if all the one-bedrooms and studios are booked already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!