More of the Ryno and Deni Show Please

YesterDark

DIS Veteran
If you guys haven't seen one of the last Best and Worst shows where Ryno and Deni discuss their favorite WDW Memories you really should. This is by far one of the best shows (not really thinking about the vlogs) that has been posted in quite some time and I'm including the weekly Disunplugged show. Now the point of this is not to praise them for this individual show, but to praise them for the format they used.

The two of them going back and forth made the show far more entertaining and engaging. I say this not to disparage all the other shows, because I enjoy them, but to point out that a two person format, specifically with Ryno and Deni, just happened to be very good. Ryno was seemed less concerned about "hosting" and more about having a conversation. And Deni was her usual self but more of her which I think is necessary on other shows. The back and forth flow of the episode was just really great and it was less mechanical.

I for one would love for the team to do a pilot series of shows where it's those two talking about whatever topic(s) for about 30 minutes a week. Maybe use the Best and Worst platform to give it a go. Less lists and more conversation.

Link:

I also loved that episode and really enjoy Craig and Deni together as well. I would love for them to do this topic again but with other members of the team like Craig or Jackie. I easily could have watched another 30 minutes of them reminiscing.

Jackie and Craig are also a great duo I think. Although very rare we only get those two, I really enjoyed their Be Our Guest vlog together a while back.

I completely agree, we were coming back from a trip to the Oregon Coast and loved that it was a long chat session, but also that they both had opportunity to share. In fact I think Ryno did a great job making sure to balance things.

Agree! It was such a great episode. They put out another one today, and it's also very entertaining and fun to listen to.

I just watched the “best surprises” show and could relate to much of what they were talking about.

My biggest Disney surprise was the first time my wife and i went - pretty much on a whim. I hadn’t been since I was a kid. It was the first summer animal kingdom was opened. I was sitting at the dawa bar catching a buzz, watching people go by, listening to a live African band all without a care in the world about where to go next or what ride to get on. I was surprised by how nice it was and good it made me feel. Nothing like the fun I had as a kid - which was of course the best thing in the world at the time- but that Disney offered a great vacation experience for everyone.

It gave me a perspective I still have which is just to enjoy the parks, the atmosphere, the bars and restaurants, take your time, don’t stress etc. I’m always thinking back to that dawa bar moment as a keystone and looking to capture that feeling wherever I can.

If you guys haven't seen one of the last Best and Worst shows where Ryno and Deni discuss their favorite WDW Memories you really should. This is by far one of the best shows

Less lists and more conversation.

Link:

Top 10 show of all time on the DIS for people who love Disney and miss Disney right now and come to the DIS for an escape - especially now with the cra-cra country we are living in!

This was much needed happy medicinal Disney therapy for me! Ryno and Deni’s genuine enthusiasm and love for the place, the people in their lives, and their excitement about on-site resorts - at moderate or a bucket list deluxe stay - makes them SO RELATABLE AND ENDEARING! Thank you for sharing your stories with us, me and my kids - who are high schoolers - enjoyed it a bunch! They love that like them, you’re not too cool to be excited or to share it!

I would love to hear this type of conversation from more of the team as I think it’s fun to get a window into others love and experience with Disney.

I know we have heard pieces over the years from everyone, but they are so fun to hear! In particular, from the early days before Pete and John were able to afford the luxury they can now. And when Kevin and Craig came as kids from the NE. And the teams college programs. And cool things that happened with Pete’s mom... love the personal touch!

Perhaps a short best Disney memories series is in order? Distant past and recent past. A gift for the holidays???? Or live TG weekend? But then you can’t turn it on when you need a lift...

Some of my favorite memories was **GRAD NIGHT 2002**. Went to a big high school but had about 30% of our class (around 150 of us) went for the five days which started Grad Night.

I just watched the “best surprises” show and could relate to much of what they were talking about.

My biggest Disney surprise was the first time my wife and i went - pretty much on a whim. I hadn’t been since I was a kid. It was the first summer animal kingdom was opened. I was sitting at the dawa bar catching a buzz, watching people go by, listening to a live African band all without a care in the world about where to go next or what ride to get on. I was surprised by how nice it was and good it made me feel. Nothing like the fun I had as a kid - which was of course the best thing in the world at the time- but that Disney offered a great vacation experience for everyone.

It gave me a perspective I still have which is just to enjoy the parks, the atmosphere, the bars and restaurants, take your time, don’t stress etc. I’m always thinking back to that dawa bar moment as a keystone and looking to capture that feeling wherever I can.
@BeerMe - I can SO relate. I happened on that kind of feeling one time I was at the Beach Club, and came out of a side entrance, along the passawgeway heading back towards Epcot - not a main entrance, which turned out to be the point. I found a little "corner area" with white rocking chairs, looking out over Crescent Lake. I could still people watch (love to do that!), but it was also quiet, peaceful, beautiful. I suddenly had - like you said - the "I'm on vacation!!!!" vibe, and could actually feel my insides - and my brain - unwinding, and relaxing - such a wonderful feeling!!! A real "Calgon, take me away!" moment - if any of you are old like me, and can relate to that. If not, go on about your day, you young whippernsappers! :rotfl2:

After that, I always consciously carved some time out of my trips to capture that feeling again. Not caring what day or time it was, not running to the next ride, not even caring when my next ADR was - just BEING. A lot of those spots/times involve rocking chairs. Some of my faves have been - WL, right outside the lobby, in the tiny "balcony" right outside from the genesis of the bubbling spring, the porch of the theater on Min St. in Magic Kingdom, a "rock grotto room" underneath the Boardwalk's lobby overlooking the lawn with some Adirondack chairs to chill out in, and some pretty isolated chaise lounges at AKL's Jambo House Main Pool, behind the pool bar (near what I think are some bamboo trees), that put off an awesome, comforting "hollow" noise, and are wonderfully nap-and-relaxing-trance inducing, and under the waterfall, enjoying the cool spray from it, in the rock grotto at the Dolphin. pool Again - VERY Zen from the waterfall for me.

Sorry to go on, but this all brought back some VERY pleasant, and relaxing memories - much needed right now. So - thank you for sharing, and taking me down this section of Memory Lane!! :)

Last edited:
One of my biggest Disney surprises was about 10 years ago, my first trip to Disney with two small children. I parked the car when we arrived and didn’t get in again until we left five or so days later! No buckling in and out of car seats! No stress of driving (at that time I commuted 25 miles every day). We had delicious meals, and we all had so much fun. I was expecting the vacation to be draining and a sacrifice. Instead it was totally refreshing and relaxing!

One of my biggest Disney surprises was about 10 years ago, my first trip to Disney with two small children. I parked the car when we arrived and didn’t get in again until we left five or so days later! No buckling in and out of car seats! No stress of driving (at that time I commuted 25 miles every day). We had delicious meals, and we all had so much fun. I was expecting the vacation to be draining and a sacrifice. Instead it was totally refreshing and relaxing!
I also used to embrace Disney transportation as part of the experience, and never understood when my friends, or others, used to complain about it. Besides the fact that I didn't drive, so was very used to riding buses everywhere I wanted to go (and having to wait MUCH longer for them, and having them be MUCH less clean/well maintained than the buses I was riding at Disney), I used the time on the bus to marvel at the sights around me, talk to other people on their vacations, daydream, maybe nap, plan my day, whatever. I was quite used to budgeting at least 1.5 hours to get from Point A to Point B, and it was normal to me to build that time into my planing. And I also LOVED the different modes of transpo - especially the boats - and would seek out opportunities to take them - sometimes even without a destination in mind - just to TAKE a BOAT to sight see, and chill out. And this was in the days before the Skyliner!

And I also LOVED the different modes of transpo - especially the boats - and would seek out opportunities to take them - sometimes even without a destination in mind - just to TAKE a BOAT to sight see, and chill out. And this was in the days before the Skyliner!

SorcererHeidi - ME TOO! We try to get in as many kinds of transportation as we can in a trip! We always try to get in a monorail ride and a boat ride just for fun!

SorcererHeidi - ME TOO! We try to get in as many kinds of transportation as we can in a trip! We always try to get in a monorail ride and a boat ride just for fun!
@ExtraMagic . Cool! Forgot to mention - one of my "traditions". On my arrival day, I would take at least one monorail loop during the day, just to see everything in the sunlight, and enjoy the views. And I'd take at least (1) more loop at night, just to enjoy the same gorgeous view, but looking very different, with all the sparkling lights. I might, or might not, stop at 1 of the resorts to wander/look around/grab a snack, look at merch, hang out on a beach, whatever. But I would almost definitely make an ADR to have a wonderful dinner in between my daylight/night time loops - usually at O'hana.

Memories are definitely making me have "the feels" right now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!