More Permanent Closures. RoL, Stitch and Primeval Whirl

Kinda expected the first two, surprised by the third though.
GOTG debuted in 2014, yet you still got the original Groot moniker in 2018.... nice! Anyway, I'm not completely surprised by ROL being canceled because it never fully got rave reviews. It's been luke-warm all along. I seen it once and didn't hate or love it. Hope they come up with some other nighttime show when we get back to normal.

I remember for a number of years when my youngest DD was still mostly a ride-chicken but she liked Primeval, I would pretend I was so :eek: scared on that ride to make her feel superior ;)

Last edited:
Did anyone watch Dis Unplugged today? Pete thinks this is only the beginning of the rides that will be closed. He believes that they will close more rides to save money.
Watched it. I fear he is correct. Between the loss of park revenue, movies not being released and the cruise line shut down, that is a huge amount of cash to make up. For the parks, you can shut down rides (some I agree should be), increase food, merchandise and park ticket prices. Have more "after hours" upcharge events. In the end, Disney must figure out a way to balance their sheet despite everything going on. I agree, it won't be pretty.

Watched it. I fear he is correct. Between the loss of park revenue, movies not being released and the cruise line shut down, that is a huge amount of cash to make up. For the parks, you can shut down rides (some I agree should be), increase food, merchandise and park ticket prices. Have more "after hours" upcharge events. In the end, Disney must figure out a way to balance their sheet despite everything going on. I agree, it won't be pretty.
It's a scary thing to think about. Especially with some of the rides they discussed that they think may close.

It's a scary thing to think about. Especially with some of the rides they discussed that they think may close.
It's the perfect excuse now to close CoP, Tiki Room and CB.
This type of discussion though is better suited for the News and Rumor forum. Lets please keep the discussion on facts on this forum

Did anyone watch Dis Unplugged today? Pete thinks this is only the beginning of the rides that will be closed. He believes that they will close more rides to save money.
I saw it. They talked about Carosel, Country Bears and Tiki Room as being big rooms that can't be packed with people anymore. But a temporary closure saves just as much money as a permanent closure, so I don't know why they won't just shutter things for a while if they need to save CM and maintenance costs for a particular attraction. I also wonder about Jungle Cruise--long waits and plastic sheeting detract away from the experience.

I guess the business interruption is a good time to take a hard look at all your offerings, so it would make sense that now is a good time to push the button on anything they were thining of scrapping anyway. But I'm not sure it will result in a ton more closures--unless people stop going to those attractions out of concerns for their safety. If they aren't poplular, they will be in trouble.

RoL was terrible. With Animal Kingdom closing early now, that provided a great reason to kill the show without them having to admit it was terrible.

I wasn't a big fan of PW, but my kids were. AK doesn't have enough kid-friendly rides as it is. The whole area there needs help, but I can see Disney making a big investment to replace PW anytime soon, so, for now, it's just a loss of something the kids really enjoyed.

Originally, the Pandora area was supposed to be a mythical beasts section. That's why there is a dragon in the original artwork for Animal Kingdom. Pandora kind of fits that original plan with all the mythical beasts.

I would love to see Beastly Kingdom (the mythical creatures section) or some parts of that section become a reality, so if there is some space in Animal Kingdom that is going to be rethemed, that is what I hope they change it to. Here is information on what Beastly Kingdom would have been.

Yeah they were talking about Bears, Carousel and the People Mover. Pete also said maybe Journey into Imagination.

Wow...talk about tradition?? Just drape off the castle and rename it six flags. Bob Chapek strikes again.

Bob Iger and Josh need to step in before this moron destroys what Disney is all about.

And I'm a majority shareholder. I have the right to this opinion.

I'm sorry to be so crass. but you can't just destroy a barnd that has so many iconic attractions.

Last edited:
Wow...talk about tradition?? Just drape off the castle and rename it six flags. Bob Chapek strikes again.

Bob Iger and Josh need to step in before this moron destroys what Disney is all about.

I'm sorry to be so crass. but you can't just destroy a barnd that has so many iconic attractions.
None of this is confirmed just what one person thinks might happen. The only confirmed closures are RoL, stitch and PW.

I'd like to see those attractions improved on, upgraded, reinvented or replaced. The parks were never intended to be museums. No one wants to see your favorites changed, but when a ride enters "anytime attraction" status because of a lack of interest, its time to give it a hard look.

Ha ha... I'm very new to the stock market. I am NOT a majority shareholder. I own a lot of shares, but I misunderstood the definition of majority :). Sorry to misrepresent myself :)

Wow, "Rivers of Light" is going away- kind of surprising. Though to be fair... I hadn't heard much about it. Just that some found it disappointing and ignored it after a point. I remember MiceChat covered it exactly once and then stopped talking about it forever.

On my trip last year, I had a chance to go see it, but skipped out for another ride of the "Avatar" stuff. I should check out a YouTube video, but I'm too afraid to be disappointed that I never got to see it, lol. What was the best "incarnation" of it?

Wow, "Rivers of Light" is going away- kind of surprising. Though to be fair... I hadn't heard much about it. Just that some found it disappointing and ignored it after a point. I remember MiceChat covered it exactly once and then stopped talking about it forever.

On my trip last year, I had a chance to go see it, but skipped out for another ride of the "Avatar" stuff. I should check out a YouTube video, but I'm too afraid to be disappointed that I never got to see it, lol. What was the best "incarnation" of it?
For me the original

Would agree, the original one was better. Really liked the characters they had on the boat and in the stands. It lost a lot when they were removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter