More podcasters and youtubers

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
It was great having Len Testa on the Disunplugged podcast a few episodes back.

Which got me thinking.

It would also be interesting if you also had other disney podcasters, youtubers or general enthusiasts come by sporadically for episodes here and there.

For example you had a great episode with girl who was a college program come on.

You could also maybe have a current or previous cast member share their experience.

People have mentioned they would like a women/family perspective. Maybe habe the passporter moms podcasters come by some time.

Or have Tim and Jenn Tracker come by.

Even josh from Easywdw would be interesting. See if his sarcastic dark humor translates to live on air :).

Anyway just thought id propose this idea as i thought it may be fun.

But can understand and appreciate if this may not be feasible.

Two obstacles immedietoy come to mind. One being time. There is only so much time in a day and there may not be enough time for added content.
And two. Pete may not want his private address known by more and more people.

But could be fun.
What do you other dizzers think?

They had John from BigFatPanda on before. His show actually does this with an interview each month from someone in the Disney community.

With other blogs/podcasters they don't always like to cross with other sites. Some are very territorial so to say.

As for CMs many on the podcast already were CMs at one point in time.

They had John from BigFatPanda on before. His show actually does this with an interview each month from someone in the Disney community.

With other blogs/podcasters they don't always like to cross with other sites. Some are very territorial so to say.

As for CMs many on the podcast already were CMs at one point in time.

Im going to have to check out panda. I cant remember when they had him on.

As for the cms.
Id like to hear from a long time cm.
One of those who has done it for decades and im sure has tons of stories.

Just have more photo bombs by Adam The Woo!

That was pretty great. Im sure he would come on too.
Hopefully talk about his time exploring the old imagination pavilion stuf.
Of course he wouldnt but man that footage brought me back.
And the fact that it was all still there for so long.
Good old epcot.
And the figment that we all fell in love with.

Im going to have to check out panda. I cant remember when they had him on.

As for the cms.
Id like to hear from a long time cm.
One of those who has done it for decades and im sure has tons of stories.

That was pretty great. Im sure he would come on too.
Hopefully talk about his time exploring the old imagination pavilion stuf.
Of course he wouldnt but man that footage brought me back.
And the fact that it was all still there for so long.
Good old epcot.
And the figment that we all fell in love with.
@Greenfield1984

Also - When I have said int he past I'd like to see CM's (especially long-term ones) on, it's always been pointed out they would probably be VERY reticent to share their stories due to concern over their jobs, which I can totally understand, however interesting an idea that may seem. I also think there would be hesitance to show, or discuss with, Adam the Woo doing something he wasn't really supposed to be doing (as in showing the closed areas of the Wonders of Life Pavilion, if that's the video you're referring to - unless I have it confused, since you talk abut the Imagination Pavilion). Again - understandable hesitance to have somebody who has skirted the rules on, IMHO.

I’d like to see them interview people who did different types of shows. People who don’t conflict in trying to appeal to the same audience.

Vloggers sometimes dont really say much or have knowledge that we can gain. Although it might be interesting still.

But someone like Kevin Perjurer who does the Defunctland YouTube Channel actually knows a lot about the history of the parks and ideas that were not fully developed. I think someone like that would be interesting.

OurMagicalGems . Fun, more mature, married couple named Grace and M with a young son (Little M) who do very fun, informative vlogs on Mon, Wed, and Fridays. Each day has a different theme. Like Wednesdays are How to Do Disney. I think Fridays are In the Park. Mondays are the restaurant/food reviews.

Grace is real zen and M brings the energy--both are Disney fanatics! They follow-up any negative comment they make (believe me, they are rarely negative) with a very positive one and always try to find some magic---even in a less than magical moment.

Grace and M play well off one another and they are very respectful, playful and positive.

If you have questions or make comments on their channel, they respond. Many don't-- but because they are so new, they do and they respond quickly.

I like the fact that they are more in my age bracket, family situation and economic status. Many of the vloggers are young, childless, solo travellers or men. Don't get me wrong, those vlogs are fun, too, but the family/more mature vlogs are more appealing to me.

If you are in the planning stages of your Disney vacation, or if you just like to hear other people's perspective of Disney, try OurMagicalGems.

I think it would be fantastic to see a dining show where the DIS Unplugged team sits down and reviews a restaurant with Tim and Jen Tracker, Tom and Sarah Bricker, maybe AJ from the DFB, maybe a few others. Even just a chance meeting in the same restaurant with all of them sitting in the same general seating area. I giggle a little just thinking about it.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the DIS' dining review of the re-imagined Flying Fish, the allears team were eating and doing their review at a nearby table.

Pete was also the guest on Panda's show a year or so ago. Great show & well worth catching.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the DIS' dining review of the re-imagined Flying Fish, the allears team were eating and doing their review at a nearby table.

Pete was also the guest on Panda's show a year or so ago. Great show & well worth catching.
Yep - I always enjoy when I'm watching something (usually from the media events) and I see "others I know" in the background. And I usually "rewind the tape" to cement that it's them, and then congratulate myself that I spotted it/them. :rotfl:

I love how when someone voices their opinion here the standard response is, if you don't like something, go away.

it makes one feel so welcome and included!

If this is in response to me you read my tone wrong and i was certainly not suggesting anyone go away.

I was genuinely suggesting to check out other great female disney podcasts as i have. The passporters being a great one.

I personally have many different disney podcasts to scratch different disney itches. Amd there truly is something for everyone.

The reason for this thread was my sugestion that the dis consider bringing some of these other different podcasters and youtubers to the dis as guests.

This would provide different content then we are used to and give a taste for other voices out there while also exposing their listeners to the dis. Thereby growing the fans of all of the various media personalities and growing the disney love.

Agreed, @Greenfield1984 - I also watch (I WIDELY prefer video to audio!) several different vloggers/podcasters, and all fulfill a different "need" for me, that's why I watch more than one! And that's my (and anyone else's) perogative!!

Agreed, @Greenfield1984 - I also watch (I WIDELY prefer video to audio!) several different vloggers/podcasters, and all fulfill a different "need" for me, that's why I watch more than one! And that's my (and anyone else's) perogative!!

Agreed. DU appeals to me due to the abundance of different personalities that all share passions for a/the common theme..Disney (I believe it is park centric which is fine with me).

Bit of a side question but thought it would save a new thread.

For those who want to become a Disney vlogger and blogger, do they need to get permission or a license to use Disney music, footage or images.

I get with a lot of people some just want credit for talking about new articles or using their images but I was wondering what happens with the big guns like Disney themselves

Bit of a side question but thought it would save a new thread.

For those who want to become a Disney vlogger and blogger, do they need to get permission or a license to use Disney music, footage or images.

I get with a lot of people some just want credit for talking about new articles or using their images but I was wondering what happens with the big guns like Disney themselves
You don't need to get a license for anything if you are just filming in the parks. YouTube might try to stop you from some things though. Filming in the parks as a vlogger isn't much different than making family home videos. YouTube usually makes sure you can't profit off of a video that contains music that isn't yours.

Many podcasts and vloggers won't use Disney music and will use "free" music to still profit off of their videos if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!