Morveryn Trip report part 2 13th-14th June

Morveryn

Mumketeer
Mon 13th
We wake late, after 9am so decide to visit the Val D'Europe shopping mall. After eating brekkie on the terrace outside we get the shuttle bus to the station (where you get off for DLP) & then get another bus to Val d'Europe. There is a train too but I panicked about getting on the wrong one so on to the bus we got. It was 5.60 euros for DH & me & free for DD. The bus went everywhere! All around the residential areas & eventually arrived at our destination 50 minutes later. The bus journey was very bumpy & I was in a lot of pain by the time we arrived. I stagger off the bus & down painkillers & slap on my TENS machine while DH posts the postcards. Ok...feeling a little better I am ready to shop! Lots of nice shops here, DH favourite was a comic book store that had figures as well. He seemed to linger by the cabinet containing nude & semi-nude female figures, well until he saw me coming anyway... ;) I loved looking at the choice of places to eat at Les Terraces but DD wanted McDonalds so it was there we ended up :rolleyes: . After lunch we headed out of the door & into La Vallee the shopping village which appeared to be full of designer shops (Calvin Klein, Gap, Timberland,etc) which aren't really our thing (but my sister would LOVE it) so we walk back into the mall & have a look around the hypermarket called Auchan. WOW! This place is huge! Food on the bottom floor & everything else on the upper floor. We buy lots here & get gifts for everyone. I buy tops & chocolate & am very happy :cloud9: . I am still achy so we get a taxi back to the Explorers, it costs us 8 euros & takes 5 mins! We decide to visit again another day when I am feeling better to see the aquarium. Hubby & I break open the Smirnoff we bought at Auchan & have a quick drink before heading down for tea. We were supposed to go to Buffalo Bills tonight but (even after a snifter of vodka) I'm not feeling up to it so we call them & they are very nice about it & ask us to come tomorrow. We get pizzas from Marcos in the hotel for tea & take them up to our room (you are allowed to take any food to your room, we asked). The pizzas cost about 9 euros each (slightly less or more depending on topping) & are a good size & very, very nice. I will miss them!
Tues 14th
I wake at around 7.15am as DD is a bit restless, she soon settles & I leave her to her snoring & go to slap on some make up. We head for breakfast & zoom through like pros! We have got the knack of this now! :rotfl: I fold my stick & let DH pull me onto the bus & as we are quicker we get a seat today. After letting the heaving masses leave the bus we follow & head towards DLP where we are determined to see just about everything else as we hadn't even ventured into Frontierland or Adventureland yet! We don't rush & are there just before rope drop. We take DD to see Mickey Mouse & Winnie the Pooh & she has he picture taken with both. She wants to see the Dragon under the castle & is moderately impressed. I thought it was great! We stroll into Fantasyland & go on IASW again (5 min wait) , them The Storybook book ride where the sign says the wait time is 5min but we actually wait 15. We are appalled by a woman who lost her child, well he wandered off while she was in the queue & she didn't notice he had gone until she was getting in the boat! Luckily he hadn't gone far & was ok. I am a little worried about stepping onto the moving area before boarding the boat but I give it a go, I wobble a bit & DH holds my arm (I am now feeling like an old woman ;) )but has to let go to get DD in the boat. Luckily a nice CM with pretty hair sees me & signals to the operator to slow the moving area down a bit. I thank her & get in. Phew! Its a nice leisurely ride through miniatures of storybook characters. We especially liked going into the Cave of Wonders. They must have seen me coming as when we got to the end they stopped the moving bit for me & I hurried off, a little embarrassed. We wander around the corner to Casey Jr which I thought looked lovely. The detail in this park is so wonderful. There is a wait of about 7mins & DD enjoys this ride, its like a (much slower) mini BTM!
DD says she is hungry & I have a craving for a chocolate slipper so I lead DH towards Auberge De Cendrillion but it is closed today :sad2: . I throw myself on the ground outside & wail hysterically. Ok, I don't but I want to :teeth: ! Darn I'm going to have to settle for lunch in The Blue Lagoon :rotfl: . We all love this place & have fun waving to the people going past in the boats! I have Tango Mango (a swordfish dish) & DH had Blue Lagoon Kebab (with king prawns, swordfish & tuna). I go for baked banana in rum with banana ice cream and dried banana for afters & am feeling generous so I let DH share it. DD had a kebab of mini sausages followed by a Mickey Mouse ice cream. After lunch we 'do' Pirates of the Caribbean, DH helps me into & out of the boat & we all like this ride. DD has a balloon craving so we get her a Minnie Mouse one for 7 euros. After about 10mins she is tired of holding it so we tie it to her stroller. We stroll along the path further into Adventureland & admire the scenery, skull rock & Captain Hooks ship along the way. We browse the shops & in Le Tresors De Sheherazade a man bumps into DD's balloon as he is trying to pass & punches it, the string breaks & the balloon rises to the ceiling. We explain to DD & she is ok but I am angry for a few minutes. :confused3 DH doesn't want to go on Indiana Jones & the Temple of Peril so we watch it for a while & I buy & Tinkerbell pin & an Indy action figure for myself. Ah.....Harrison Ford the Indy years...sigh... :love:
Onwards to Frontierland we arrive at a place selling churros & as I can still get my jeans done up I decide to have one. Mmm! We visit the Critter Corral which DD enjoys as she likes anything with animals. We pat the little pony here & head to the Tarzan Encounter which we all enjoy but not as much as Lion King. After we come out of here we get a bit lost & end up going in circles for a short time until I manage to get DH to look at the map then we head off to Phantom Manor. We look in a few shops along the way & pass BTM which we don't go on. Some teenagers were trying to pass us to get to BTM & because I didn't move quick enough one kicked my stick & shouted at me! Luckily I wasn't leaning on it to heavily at the time & I manage to resist the urge to wave my stick at him & say something about young whippersnappers. At PM we wait about 15mins & I explain to DD what will happen & ask her if she wants to go on, she says yes & we head inside where the room stretches, pictures change & the lights go out. I knew I was about to encounter another moving boarding area so I grabbed DH & let him hurl me into the Doom Buggy followed by DD & then himself. We got to the 'mediums head in a ball' area & the ride stopped. Four teenagers behind us had been getting out of their Doom Buggies & running around the ride. Just as I was feeling very un-Disney like towards these teens the CM came & checked everything & we were off again. Very entertaining ride, we liked to graveyard bit at the end & the 'hitch-hiker'. After this we stroll into Main Street & take a seat in the disabled area by the castle to watch the parade. I love the music to this parade its very uplifting. Sleeping Beauty & the dragon were my favourites. DH liked Belle & DD loved them all. After the parade we return to the Explorers to refresh ourselves, have a quick rest & change before going to Buffalo Bills. We arrive to find it quite busy already & the few tables & seats already taken up. We have our picture taken & DD has a very cute one of her on her own. DD likes her cowboy hat! DH asks if there is anywhere I can sit as the show is not due to start for nearly an hour, & we are taken up to the area by lift shown to our area & row & told we may sit there. We feel a bit odd as we are the only people there apart from members of staff milling about. Our server comes over to chat to us & make sure we are ok & gets us drinks. The show is about to begin & people are taking their seats. DD says she is hungry so I tell her the food won't be long & placate her with an animal biscuit from Auchan. The show itself was good DH & I really enjoyed it, DD liked the parts with horses & buffalo but the parts with just people bored her. But she was well behaved throughout thankfully. The food was very nice DH & I had chilli, chicken, rib, sausage, vegetables & potatoes. I couldn't eat it all! To drink there was coke or beer which got refilled throughout the show. Afters was apple crumble with ice cream on top, they call it apple cobbler, but it looks & tastes like apple crumble to me. It was very nice. DD had chicken, sausage, veg & potatoes (of which she ate the sausage & one potato, DH had the rest) & for her afters there was a very yummy looking chocolate dessert.
After all this I am only 98% knackered & managed to stagger into a few of the Disney Village shops for more goodies. Back at the hotel we fall into bed tired but happy.

Sounds like a lovely second day, Morveryn, despite the behaviour of some very rude individuals! pirate: I'm absolutely amazed and appalled that those teenagers actually kicked your stick. I hope they weren't British teenagers! :rotfl:

So Indiana Jones was working on the Tuesday? :guilty: We were told on the Monday that it'd be closed on the Monday and Tuesday, so we didn't bother going back on the Tuesday. I'm sad now. :(

That's great that you were able to change your Buffalo Bill tickets. :) I wandered around before our show on the Monday, looking at all the people in cowboy hats and thinking that one of them might be you! But of course, none of them were! :p

Looking forward to the next part!

Thanks for all the details again Morveryn - sounds like you had a great time and I'm sure your DD will be a lifelong Disney fan after this!!
Like Bonnie I'm appalled at the bad behaviour of some of the younger people being so rude to you and misbehaving on PM. They should be kicked out until they learn to behave themselves IMHO!! Anyway, glad you didn't let it spoil your day.
Looking forward to the next installment and haven't forgotten your promise of piccies!!! :sunny:

Lovely detail.
Not sure how I would have reacted to both the man and teenagers. Very unDisney behaviour.

Reid

Morveryn said:
Mon 13th
Some teenagers were trying to pass us to get to BTM & because I didn't move quick enough one kicked my stick & shouted at me! Luckily I wasn't leaning on it to heavily at the time & I manage to resist the urge to wave my stick at him & say something about young whippersnappers.

Morveryn, you are very well behaved.....I would have wanted to whack :headache:him with it!!! :rotfl2:
Glad to see you don't let it spoil your fun, but some people are just so intolerant and rude. My late father had an artificial leg and consequently walked quite slowly and it used to make me so mad when people used to be impatient with him but he just used to take it in his stride, something you obviously do too!

Lovely details, you obviously had two lovely days there. I guess the moral of the story is if you are staying at the Explorers and want to go to the shopping mall, take a taxi!!! Not only is it more convenient but not much dearer!

What a lovely report, Morveryn :)

Beautifully told and some LOL parts!

I cannot believe the poor behaviour of some of the "guests" at DLP. Terrible behaviour anywhere, but you expect better at Disney (wrongly, obviously :confused3 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter