Morveryn's trip report PART 3 (LAST PART) 15th-16th June

Morveryn

Mumketeer
Wed 15th
We don't get up too early & get the train to Val d'Europe for 1.45 euros each. It takes about 8mins. We visit the aquarium which DD likes alot & buys a fishy themed bracelet & a Nemo-a-like. We enjoy a nice leisurely stroll around the aquarium which isn't too big. After this it was lunchtime & there was a discussion about who was having what from where :rolleyes: . DD wanted McDonalds again but DH & I didn't. DH went to get DD's McD & came back with a McDeli for himself, something we hadn't seen over here (well, not where we live). Somehow I had managed to get us seated right in front of a Patisserie selling delicious looking cakes & éclairs, now how did we happen to end up there? ;) While DH & DD were stuffing their faces with junk food I wandered over to buy some er....healthy cream filled éclairs :rotfl2: . Well I am on holiday! We stroll back through the mall & hubby visits the comic book shop again & debates buying a lightsabre. He already has one he got at MGM & it makes all right noises & everything. After enquiring about them & finding out that they were 275 euros each :earseek: he decides not to buy one. We look in a lovely shop selling items from different cultures from around the world & giggle at some African figures with large 'areas'. DD is confused. We leave to find it has been raining, the only rain we saw & we missed it as we were in the mall! :sunny:
We get the train back & take our shopping back to the hotel. After a rest & some refreshment we go to Planet Hollywood for tea entering via the lift in the shop. DH & I love all the costumes & props from movies & enjoy looking at them all. I order a pasta dish & a Terminator cocktail. On hearing I want this cocktail the waitress looks at me strangely & asks, am I sure I want that? I say yes & then wonder if its going to blow my socks off! DH orders a burger & a Terminator too & the waitress doesn't look strangely at him. We get chicken for DD. The cocktail arrive & they are very tall & look much like dishwater but luckily they don't taste like it & are delicious making my cheeks flush red :blush: (as I don't drink much or very often!). The food was very nice & there was loads of it too. I can't eat anything else but DD has a large ice cream that she could barely reach the top of. We walk towards the balloon & DD panics as she thinks we are going on it so we have to reassure her that we won't take her on it. We go on the Minnie train instead. I remember its our last day tomorrow & feel a little sad. We purchase DD a Snow White outfit. As we return to the hotel we purchase drinks from the shop to find it full of American kids who all have credit cards!
Thurs 16th
Our last day :sad2: . I get everyone up early & DH goes down get brekkie & brings it up to our room & we have a leisurely breakfast. DD puts on her Snow White outfit & looks adorable, DH mutters something about 'so she should, it cost enough' :rolleyes: so I ignore him & give her a big hug & then find myself covered in gold glitter from the skirt on her dress :rotfl: . When we get to DLP we buy lots of photos of DD with characters & have a special one done of her in her Snow White dress with all the Princesses, they took her picture & added the princesses after. In-between all this DD had been nipping in & out of the shop with DH to see Chip & Dale, Rafiki & Pinocchio. Dale stole her hairband & ran off with it on his nose! He brought it back after a minute or two.
We visit shops in Main Street where we buy DD a Minnie fleece & I get a glass slipper. DD says she wants to go on Dumbo again so we use the GAC as there is a huge queue & I take her on. DH takes DD on the carousel & I look towards Auberge de Cendrillion where a CM is turning people away. After DD & DH come off the ride we ask the CM about lunch & she says we can go in but they are full for the evening meal. I have veal & DH has lamb. We order fish for DD. You'll never guess what I had for dessert! :rotfl: The chocolate slipper is heavenly! DH threw me disapproving looks as I ate this making semi orgasmic noises. DH went for chocolate cake (he must be mad!)& DD had a Mickey Mouse ice cream. After that we wander slowly through to Discoveryland & view the Nautilus which wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, we ride Star Tours again & DD meets Stitch (again). I need a break so we head into the Videopolis theatre to catch the Lion King show again before we leave. We wander back through Main Street & take the stroller back. The parade is finishing so we stay & get caught up in the fun for a while then we head out into Disney Village to go to Cafe Mickey for tea.
Cafe Mickey was very busy but so much fun! They got DD's order wrong & also added this by mistake to our bill but the CM soon sorted it all out. I'm amazed they can think with everything going on in there! Lots of characters with brilliant interactions & lovely food. Lots of singing and dancing! :goodvibes We return to the Explorers & pack feeling a little sad that we have to leave. DD packs her small bag for the plane cabin with all the toys she might possibly need on a one hour flight!

Bad points: bedlam breakfast at the Explorer is a bit much first thing in the morning!
Expensive. Not horrendously expensive but a large chunk of your budget goes on food.
Overcrowding on buses.
Holes in the ground dangerous for those with limited mobility.
Weekends are very busy.
Good points: Its Disney!
Wonderful detail.
Excellent character interaction 100 times better than at WDW.
Nice food, reasonable portions in lovely settings.
Good rides, not many had long wait times.
Clean parks, restaurants & toilets.
CM’s are very kind & helpful.
I speak reasonable French but we found nearly eveyone can speak English.
Weekdays aren’t so busy & much nicer

Sounds like you had a lovely time all in all. Thanks so much for taking the time to write all this. Still looking forward to the photos!!! :teeth:

Enjoyed your reports tremendously. Thanks for sharing.

Really really enjoyed your reports, Morveryn :)

Thank you so much for sharing them!

Oh and I agree that those chocolate slippers are most delicious :cheer2: :love:

Thanks Morveryn, I've enoyed your reports and glad you had a good time!

Rhiannon :wizard:

I've really enjoyed your reports too, Morveryn. :goodvibes Thanks so much for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter