• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

most inexpensive way to stay at disenyland resort...pls help

rsjj

DIS Veteran
i need help in trying to find the cheapest way to book a room at disneyland hotel for several nights. any ideas? i've looked at their direct resort site...pretty expensive!! what have you all done to try to find the most inexpensive way to stay at the resort? any suggestions in this matter would be greatly appreciated!! thank you in advance! :flower:

rsjj said:
i need help in trying to find the cheapest way to book a room at disneyland hotel for several nights. any ideas? i've looked at their direct resort site...pretty expensive!! what have you all done to try to find the most inexpensive way to stay at the resort? any suggestions in this matter would be greatly appreciated!! thank you in advance! :flower:
At the Disneyland Resort, there are many hotels in walking distance from the theme parks.

If you're really looking for the "most inexpensive way to stay at Disneyland Resort," as your topic says, you may also want to consider off-site options too. You would then have more money for shopping and dining at Disney resort hotels, Downtown Disney, and the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort.

In Florida, off-site means "many miles away." In Californina, off-site can mean right across Harbor Blvd.

That's what's bugging me too.

Disneyland Hotel is quite spendy to me(200$/night?). What's the lowest rate (without visa-dvc what not discounts) & what months do they offer it?

Horace Horsecollar said:
At the Disneyland Resort, there are many hotels in walking distance from the theme parks.

If you're really looking for the "most inexpensive way to stay at Disneyland Resort," as your topic says, you may also want to consider off-site options too. You would then have more money for shopping and dining at Disney resort hotels, Downtown Disney, and the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort.

In Florida, off-site means "many miles away." In Californina, off-site can mean right across Harbor Blvd.

thank you for your suggestions. but actually, i really wanted to stay at the resort. i understand off site could really mean walking distance in california, and i would definitely be saving $$ not staying at disneyland resort. but i wanted to stay at the resort (disneyland hotel). just wanted to do it for our DSs. (ok, for me too!!) :flower:

ron808 said:
That's what's bugging me too.

Disneyland Hotel is quite spendy to me(200$/night?). What's the lowest rate (without visa-dvc what not discounts) & what months do they offer it?

The lowest rate is "value season". The dates for 2006 are:
1/3-4/6, 4/23-6/29, 9/3-11/21, 11/26-12/21 But value is still $210 a night.

You can watch for deals through expedia/ travelocity/ orbitz. The problem is, with the 50th, they are booking up even at $200+ a night. So, there is no reason for them to offer great rates. Sometimes if you wait until a week or two before you might be able to get an AP rate, if you are an AP holder. But even those are getting harder to come by.

hlbtimes2 said:
The lowest rate is "value season". The dates for 2006 are:
1/3-4/6, 4/23-6/29, 9/3-11/21, 11/26-12/21 But value is still $210 a night.

You can watch for deals through expedia/ travelocity/ orbitz. The problem is, with the 50th, they are booking up even at $200+ a night. So, there is no reason for them to offer great rates. Sometimes if you wait until a week or two before you might be able to get an AP rate, if you are an AP holder. But even those are getting harder to come by.

may i ask...how do you know when you can get ap rates? do you just call up the hotel directly? i know you must be an ap holder...but do they send you info on that? thanx!

Many of the offsite hotels in Anaheim are actually as close, and in some cases closer to Disneyland than the DL hotel.

If you want to save money stay off site - the sticky at the top of this branch has maps, but any of the hotels along Harbor would be as close, or closer, and all are much cheaper than the DL.

We stayed at the Howard johnson and loved it. It was only 10 minutes walk, and it cost us less than $80 per night. There are other hotels closer, and cheaper (but not as good).

Disney knows people want to stay at its hotels and it can charge them a premium for the Disney name.

rsjj said:
may i ask...how do you know when you can get ap rates? do you just call up the hotel directly? i know you must be an ap holder...but do they send you info on that? thanx!

They send out newsletters now and then or you can call. YOu might want to check out the info at http://www.mousesavers.com/dlresorts.html#ap They are showing January AP rates as $89 and $109 for this month at DLH and PP.

Just because I dont think I was very clear- mousesavers doesnt actually book or sell rooms- they are just a site that tracks discounts and can give you tips on saving money. They typically list the ap specials so that they are easy to find.

Last May I watched rates on Expedia like a hawk. I also booked rooms at two non DL hotels as I decided what to do, and just in case we didn't stay at DLH. But a couple of weeks away, Expedia lowered their rates by quite a bit, enough for me to grab the room. I say book a backup on the phone, make sure you can cancel so there are no fees, and then check for deals everyday. I hope you succeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter