Mother and Daughter trip suggestions?

sherilaine

DIS Veteran
I am taking my daughter to Disneyland end of April for a week, she is able to skip school as her course load this term is not that heavy. This is both an 18th birthday and graduation trip for her and I'd like any suggestions you lovely people could share.

This will be our first time in Disneyland without my husband and son and honestly as she best puts it "they always slowed us down anyway".

Thanks in advance!

I like all the suggestions already posted. Another idea is to buy matching jewelry. My girls and I bought Pandora bracelets and we have added charms over time.

WOC dessert party and a good meal at CarthayCircle are probably tied for my top 2 choices for a special mom/daughter event.

Princess Breakfast at NR -- super pricey, but I've heard that the character interaction is very good -- the princesses spend a lot of time with each guest, including adults -- and you can get very nice photos! Maybe on your departure day? This is a long character meal, so plan for that.
Something special from SWGE -- Savi's? Droid Depot?
What is your DD's favorite DLR meal? TS or CS -- do it!
Share a Crazy Shake at Black Tap in DTD
Do the Void together?
Get silhouettes done on Main Street -- you'll want to remember this trip!

My daughter and I did a mother daughter DL trip when she graduated from high school and her favorite part was the WoC dessert party. Come to think of it, that was my favorite too!

Well I don't know how much $$ you're up for spending, but our all time favorite and an extreme splurge is the VIP Tour. But that's literally thousands of $$ unless you split it with another group.

Other than that, I agree with what others have said. The WOC Dessert Party would top my list. My DD20 loved the afternoon tea at DLH when she was 18 (we did a similar thing, just the two of us). And even at 18, she was still into character meals. We did the one at Paradise Pier because it had the characters she wanted to see.

Well I don't know how much $$ you're up for spending, but our all time favorite and an extreme splurge is the VIP Tour. But that's literally thousands of $$ unless you split it with another group.

Other than that, I agree with what others have said. The WOC Dessert Party would top my list. My DD20 loved the afternoon tea at DLH when she was 18 (we did a similar thing, just the two of us). And even at 18, she was still into character meals. We did the one at Paradise Pier because it had the characters she wanted to see.

We certainly are not willing to splurge to that extent and if we did we'd do it when we had a much larger group so as to take full advantage. Still, it would be wonderful especially if one was going during a super busy holiday time for example.

I have seen lots of votes for the WOC Dessert Party - so I am certainly considering booking that!

I do a lot of Mother Daughter trips. This trip’s special thing is the Cinderella Tea at DLH. She didn’t want any other reservations so we wouldn’t be on a schedule. That’s unless Guy Fieri happens to be at Food and Wine during our trip.

I think I read the end of April will be "Tangled" themed tea time!

We certainly are not willing to splurge to that extent and if we did we'd do it when we had a much larger group so as to take full advantage. Still, it would be wonderful especially if one was going during a super busy holiday time for example.

I have seen lots of votes for the WOC Dessert Party - so I am certainly considering booking that!

Our last Mother Daughter (my daughter was 22) trip we did WOC Dessert Party and had a nice late lunch at Carthay Circle. She has become the best travel buddy ever, she wants to get the most of our days at the park and do a different nice meal or activity each trip. Next trip is planned for October but there is a group of us going, I am looking forward to having her Dad along for the trip as well. He has not been to disney with her since he was little. We have a bunch of mother daughter/ gramma trips but he always had to work.

Have a great time!!!

My oldest daughter and I do a lot of mother/daughter trips. (She's my travel partner.) We both love the tea at Steakhouse. Breakfast at Catal? WOC dessert party? Just shopping thru DCA and Disneyland keeps us going. She loves going to The Dress Shoppe. I have a feeling there is a dress purchase next trip.....

Are you guys into Disney history? Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is pretty neat! =)

Yes, my daughter has read Walt's biography more than once. We did the tour back when she was 12. She got to ring the door to his apartment and was so thrilled to be able to see inside. That was the highlight for her for all of our trips I think - to have her picture in front of the lamp.

Another vote for WOC dessert party! And since it is her 18th birthday and graduation, I would find some sort of keepsake for her that she can keep forever. Could be something as inexpensive as a Christmas tree ornament (although be careful about ones that could break easily), or you could go higher and pick something up in the Art store like a Olszewski box or piece, or an Arribas Brothers figure or laser cube, or even a fine piece of jewelry. I would do something fairly small, that as styles change could still blend in. I have a small Arribas laser cube Mickey sitting on my desk at work that I got on my Honeymoon almost 25 years ago. Next to it is a Cruella limited edition crystal paperweight that I wanted at EPCOT on my Honeymoon, but did not want to spend the money to buy, but I randomly found it on ebay in the last couple of years at a decent price (cheaper than its original price I think) and every time I look at it, I am still taken back to that moment that my young self stood in EPCOT looking at it, even though I didn't buy it that day and got it over 20 years later. Get her something that every time she looks at it, she will remember this trip!

Everyone nailed it, WOC Dessert Party!! I am hopping on that bandwagon because it is worth it. :D

I also say a nice sit down meal at Napa Rose or Carthay Circle.

Have a great trip! :earsgirl::earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!