Mother Son Date Night

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
DH, DS, and I will be arriving shortly! One evening DH will be scuba diving at EPCOT. DS7 and I will have a night on the town to go on a date. We have single park passes, be in EPCOT, and can easily make it to Disney Springs. We have the dining plan, but our table credits are spoken for. We could use QS and snack ideas.
Please give me your suggestions for date night! Soooo looking forward to it!
Thanks in advance!

My boys would have loved staying in Epcot and doing/eating anything they wanted, with no plan! They’d rather wait in long lines for rides than go to Disney Springs for a meal/shopping.
Enjoy your special Mom-son time:)

When my son was around that age we went to beaches & Cream & shared a kitchen sink.
We didn’t make a dent in it but it sure was fun!!!
Something we will both never forget.
We then went to Disney Quest for the evening but that’s no longer there.
Have Fun

I would just stick with Epcot--poke around in the different countries. There are plenty of QS and snack places, just about every country has one or both. You can decide on the fly if you want familiar (hamburgers in the US) or more exotic (snacks in Morocco). If you want, you can peruse the menus on allears to see what might go over well. I'm partial to funnel cake (US), but you could do macarons in France, baklava, churros...

When my son was around that age we went to beaches & Cream & shared a kitchen sink.
We didn’t make a dent in it but it sure was fun!!!
Something we will both never forget.
We then went to Disney Quest for the evening but that’s no longer there.
Have Fun

I totally forgot about the kitchen sink!

I would just stick with Epcot--poke around in the different countries. There are plenty of QS and snack places, just about every country has one or both. You can decide on the fly if you want familiar (hamburgers in the US) or more exotic (snacks in Morocco). If you want, you can peruse the menus on allears to see what might go over well. I'm partial to funnel cake (US), but you could do macarons in France, baklava, churros...

Nothing wrong with snacks for dinner right?

Hi Everyone,
DH, DS, and I will be arriving shortly! One evening DH will be scuba diving at EPCOT. DS7 and I will have a night on the town to go on a date. We have single park passes, be in EPCOT, and can easily make it to Disney Springs. We have the dining plan, but our table credits are spoken for. We could use QS and snack ideas.
Thanks in advance!

Date night with your son? I don't get it? Sounds creepy!

Hi Everyone,
Thanks in advance!

Sounds fun! My kids used to love doing the Perry Missions in the World Showcase!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/

Certainly in my part of the country (the Northeast) nobody refers to a woman taking her son to dinner (or a father taking his daughter out to eat) as “going on a date”. More of a Southern thing, perhaps?

Last edited:
Certainly in my part of the country (the Northeast) nobody refers to a woman taking her son to dinner (or a father taking his daughter out to eat) as “going on a date”. More of a Southern thing, perhaps?

I'm from the northeast as well and I have heard of mommy-son or daddy-daughter dates. I don't think it's just a southern thing and it's pretty sweet.

Next people will tell me that they've never heard of a father-daughter dance... :rolleyes:

OP I think that sounds super cute! What about Splitsville?

I’ve heard of it. Don’t really care for the term. I have no suggestions for how else to refer to a planned special night, though.

It's been a while, but my kids loved the Perry adventures, too. I didn't know they still had them. That's a great way to spend time in World Showcase, and he's a good age for them. Each adventure takes ~20 minutes or so--perfect to work off those fancy snacks, so you have room for...more snacks!

Sounds fun! My kids used to love doing the Perry Missions in the World Showcase!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/

Will have to check these out! Thank you!

I'm from the northeast as well and I have heard of mommy-son or daddy-daughter dates. I don't think it's just a southern thing and it's pretty sweet.

Next people will tell me that they've never heard of a father-daughter dance... :rolleyes:

OP I think that sounds super cute! What about Splitsville?

Bowling alley at Disney Springs...Our family plays a little differently. We see how many points we get on the first game and try to beat it the second. Keeps from having to explain the bowling point system at this age.

It's been a while, but my kids loved the Perry adventures, too. I didn't know they still had them. That's a great way to spend time in World Showcase, and he's a good age for them. Each adventure takes ~20 minutes or so--perfect to work off those fancy snacks, so you have room for...more snacks!

Snacks are the best!

So judgmental. I’m from the northeast and live in the south now and it’s a term I’ve heard people use all the time. No matter what you want to call it, it’s a great bonding time with just your kiddo. The kids love the one on one time too:)

I don't think so. I'm in the Washington DC area which is not really what I'd call South and I've totally heard that term used. We also describe my 3 year old son and his 3 year old neighbor (a girl) as going on "dates," but I don't think that makes him sound like a sexual predator ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!