Motion Sickness

Brodiecat

Mouseketeer
I know I've read about motion sickness here before but can't remember the name of the medicine that was popular. It wasn't dramamine. I want to say it started with a "B". I tried searching but no luck. Does anyone know the name?

I know there is one called "Bomine". I don't really know much about it. Just saw it at Walgreens. Maybe someone else has some experience with this?

Debbie:earsgirl:

my dr. recommended "Bonine". It's availabe over the counter.
It comes in a blue box w/8 chewable tablets. It works great! I take it for motion sickness or for dizziness, one tablet works for 24 hrs.

Oops! Okay, maybe it was "Bonine", not "Bomine! Sorry! :p :p

Debbie:earsgirl:

I've used both and they both seemed to work. We will be using the "drowsey' kind for our long car trip down but I still can't decide if my kids will need something for some of the rides. Has anyones kids gotten sick on a ride? If so which ones?

I've never been able to handle the 360 theater things, and simulators are even worse! I barely made it through Star Tours and was shot for the rest of the day. As a result I won't go near Body Wars, and even stay away from the films at World Showcase. I have brought Dramamine's version of meclizine to try out this time, but I doubt I'll try my "trigger" attractions even so. I'll post how it worked for me when I get back.

Lori

I get motion sickness pretty easily, but have never had problems with any of the rides. If you are very sensitive, you might want to carry around extra dramamine or bonine so you can take it before or after rides like star tours and body wars, just in case. You could also try the bracelet type things they make for motion sickness-sea bands? I've heard people who say they work, and people who say they dont, and I've never tried them, but it's worth a shot.

I get motion sick walking across linoleum chewing gum! As a matter of fact I'm woozy just typing about motion sickness. LOL I take Bonine...it is wonderful for boats and planes. I've never tried it for rides tho. I also don't take anything going to Fl, just when I go on a longer trip. I used to use Scopolomine...Transderm Scoop. I don't think they manufacture it anymore. It was really great Lasted 3 days.
Gret

I didn't like the way those medicines made me drowsy and a friend told me about ginger tabs and they worked great without the hangover effect the other medicine gave me:D They are called Ginger Trips and I pick them up at the health food store. I also like them because they are chewable so I don't have to worry about finding water to take them.

Some alternatives...

Ginger & mint are natural anti-emetics (anti-nausea). So if you feel nauseous after a ride a mint-candy and a break w/ a few slow, deep breaths might help you recover. You can also buy bracelets that fit over an accu-pressure point in your wrist that is suppossed to reduce nausea. It's the center line about 3 in. below the bottom of your palm....I got that tip during a lecture from an RN/massage therapist while in nursing school. I swear by the mint thing for nausea (I carry mint oil in my pocket for yucky smells at work). I always use the wrist bands on boats and it works for me. Otherwise I also recommend the meclizine HCl. (You can find the wrist bands at travel stores like Rand McNally).

By-the-way, I'm a nurse on a cardiac unit.

:D

Well, I'm back, but I don't have anything useful to report because I did not take any of the medicine. The flights bothered me more than the rides, in fact! I hope you find something that works for you.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter