Motorola 250's for $5 each (after $15 rebate)

Annie

Earning My Ears
<hr>
<b>Source: http://www.slickdeals.net </b>
<hr>

Office Depot stores (not online) are clearing out the Motorola Talkabout 250 models for $19.44. Retails for about $50 elsewhere. There is also a <a href="http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/pdf/ta250_280_289.pdf" target="_blank">$15 rebate</a> making it $5 each. Have the cashier check the price at the register since the shelf may display a different price. Quantities are limited.

Motorola Talkabout 250 Family Radio, Black
Item number: 814329
Mfgr number: P14SPR03P2AA

Motorola Talkabout 250 Family Radio, Blue
Item number: 814374
Mfgr number: P14SPP03P2AA

Has anyone used these radios in WDW before? I'm pretty sure that someone said that these don't work very well at the park. I think they posted that they don't have enough channels, or something like that.

I'm really hoping that someone has had luck with them at WDW, I thought it was a great deal, and was already to go looking for them.

Jen
:confused:

We used ours last year all the time with no problem. Occasionally we had to switch channels, but thats no big deal.

They have 14 channels and 38 privacy codes (aka sub-channels) on each channel. So it is like having 532 channels available. A bad radio is one that doesn't have the sub-channels. With the motorola 250, you could be on channel #5 sub-channel #20 and you will not hear other people on channel #5 as long as they aren't on the same sub-channel...with a lesser radio (one with 14 channels, no sub-channels), you will hear *everyone* that's on the same channel as you even if their radio has subchannels. Those are the ones to avoid because it will definitely have too much chatter coming in.

Thank you so much for the heads up OP! I purchased the last pair of black radios in my town (El Paso, Texas). I had put off buying them because they were so expensive. My kids are using them as I type!

Vonda

Annie:

Thanks so much!!

I have the 289's (and used them in WDW in May--they worked wonderfully!), but bought every 250 I could find. (The difference between the 250 and the 289 is that the 289 has built in Vox). There was one left at my Ann Arbor store, and just got back from a road trip to Jackson to pick up two more.

These are really great radios--we tried all different brands out and found Motorola to be the best. The price is unbelievable! For $5 a piece, I'm even letting my 2 1/2 year old play with one!

For those that don't know, these can all be used together (you can use a 250 with a 289, etc); and they can also be used with any other FRS radio.

What a great deal Annie! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Regards,
Trudy

we've bought two and are going to try to get a price match from Best Buy.

Rhonda:

Let me know how that goes. We would have liked to get more (for my family so everyone has one) but all we could find were 3.

I didn't try it with Best Buy-- Since it wasn't in a published ad I didn't think they would match it. I also wasn't sure they would match "clearance" prices.

I am anxiously awaiting to hear your results (and what you had to do to get them to match the price)! You can post or email me direct at wwitte@peoplepc.com.

Thanks,
Trudy

How neat... I'm going with one other person so it would be slightly pointless, but I want them anyway!!

Ya, our office depot never has good stuff either. Went there the last time they had radios on clearance and they looked at me like I was nuts and said they didn't have any. Haven't been back since. :rolleyes:

I tried a couple of Office Depot's today, but there were all out, also. Bummer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter