'Mouse' Guests at the DLH Pre-Trip Report

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Hello Everyone!

The report is called 'Mouse' Guests at the DLH, because Jessica tells everyone that we are going to live with Mickey Mouse in his pink hotel.

About us:
Me: Juliette (38) I love the magic of Disney and the way it makes me feel.
DH: Kev (39) Likes Disney well enough, but doesn't love it.;)
DD: Olivia (9) Thrill seeker, has no fear.
DD: Jessica (4) Doesn't want to be scared, semi-professional princess.
DD: Emilia (1) Will hopefully be a sleepy-head throughout the trip.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/3153824831_1f13659069.jpg
A picture of my crazy kids.:lovestruc

We visited Disneyland (LA) in 1997bc (before children) and then DLRP in Jan 2005. I vowed to take each of my children when they were around 4 years old because it was so magical. I would go every year if I could afford it.:rotfl:

I upgraded from the SL to the DLH (after a lot of dithering and indecision), helped mainly by my fellow Disers who offered excellent advice:) . I am still to make up my mind about hb Premium...

Our Plans
I am an obsessive planner (sound familiar?) and am prone to making lists and running everything like a military exercise. I am determined to resist doing this on our DLRP trip. I want to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the experience, rather than trying to do everything. That said....

Must Do's
Me: ToT, Cinemagique, Peter Pan
DH: Indiana Jones, Buzz, ToT
Olivia: RnR, ToT, PM
Jessica: Peter Pan, BTM, The Castle
Emilia: IASW!

We go from 11th -14th January and I managed to keep this trip a secret from September, telling the kids on Christmas Day! I must thank everyone on here for humouring my inane questions and opening my eyes to the hidden magic of DLRP.:)

sounds great so far. you have three gorgous kids. that is such a cute pic. ash thinks the dh is mickey mouses house as well lol. im not gonna burst her bubble. i am such a planner too but as i learnt from my last trip where my plans flew out the window and countless things didnt go my way its best to go with the flow

Great plan joolz!

I'm a crazy planner too. But stopped myself from overplanning our July trip (although I did in my head every night in bed before we went!) and it really makes life there easier! You can't plan for the length of queues and stuff so just going with the flow is the best bit. And the beauty of January is you'll definitely be able to get everything done lots as there wont be crowds.

Emilia is the cutest!!! :)

Have a wonderful trip and please tell Daisy to be at the DLH lots for me 4 days after you get back! :)

Thanks for your nice comments. :flower3: I am definitely going to resist planning everything. I am doing it secretly in my head too :rotfl: but the fact that I'm not writing it down is a huge step for me. :rotfl:

love the pics of ur girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a good 'non-plan' u have!!! i cudnt resist planning (and extra planning) but tbh with it bein xmas, i think its good i did have a plan as we did everything we wanted...... maybe next time i will be more relaxed about it????:rotfl:

just enjoy, and soak up the atmosphere, really cant wait to see ur pics of dlh - one day i WILL be there, oh yes, i WILL be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have the most fab trip!!

Hi Juliette, I'll try to keep an eye out for you round the DLH now I know what your girls look like. I haven't got into planning mode yet - I've been sick since 27th & am now on antibiotics to try an shift a chest infection. We were all sick in the last 2 weeks so we need this holiday to bring us round. Make sure you plan to do Anamagique on the Sunday because it closes from the Monday. I keep checking the weather forecast - which is so far dry & cold - but I know it can't be that accurate so far in advance (wishful thinking I suppose). Good luck with the meal planning - I haven't even got that far yet & I have my special 40th birthday dinner to organise!

Hi Juliette, I'll try to keep an eye out for you round the DLH now I know what your girls look like. I haven't got into planning mode yet - I've been sick since 27th & am now on antibiotics to try an shift a chest infection. We were all sick in the last 2 weeks so we need this holiday to bring us round. Make sure you plan to do Anamagique on the Sunday because it closes from the Monday. I keep checking the weather forecast - which is so far dry & cold - but I know it can't be that accurate so far in advance (wishful thinking I suppose). Good luck with the meal planning - I haven't even got that far yet & I have my special 40th birthday dinner to organise!

Thanks Karen. I can cope with cold, I just don't want rain! Sorry to hear you've been sick - better now than when you are there though. I had spotted that about Animagique. Will probably see you in there on Sunday.:rotfl: I have given up planning meals now. I was getting stressed and that's not what it's supposed to be about, is it? I hope you choose somewhere nice for your 40th.

Juliette

I can't believe it's almost here!! Seems like only a few weeks ago we were all 'helping' you on your decision to change to the DLH (and you'll LOVE it).

Your girls are all beautiful - I just love the youngest two's hair colour - beautiful :lovestruc (the older one looks a little darker but that could be the picture/light).

I agree about the planning - it's great to have it all in your head but go with the flow. I felt I was a little (lol) obsessive on our last trip (first trip) and feel I was too busy trying to get photos of everything and 'do' everything without sitting back and drinking in the atmosphere etc. I do think the chance of being able to do that does come with more trips though!

I am soooo envious about you going and esp staying in the DLH. My friend goes on Mon with her DD and DH for the week (their second trip) and I'm sooo envious! I wish it were us!

Look forward to hearing all about your trip and of course how you found the DLH :lovestruc If nothing else, it will be fab it being so close with it being cold - it will be a godsend!

Patsy x

Juliette

I can't believe it's almost here!! Seems like only a few weeks ago we were all 'helping' you on your decision to change to the DLH (and you'll LOVE it).

Your girls are all beautiful - I just love the youngest two's hair colour - beautiful :lovestruc (the older one looks a little darker but that could be the picture/light).

I agree about the planning - it's great to have it all in your head but go with the flow. I felt I was a little (lol) obsessive on our last trip (first trip) and feel I was too busy trying to get photos of everything and 'do' everything without sitting back and drinking in the atmosphere etc. I do think the chance of being able to do that does come with more trips though!

I am soooo envious about you going and esp staying in the DLH. My friend goes on Mon with her DD and DH for the week (their second trip) and I'm sooo envious! I wish it were us!

Look forward to hearing all about your trip and of course how you found the DLH :lovestruc If nothing else, it will be fab it being so close with it being cold - it will be a godsend!

Patsy x

Thank you Patsy. The girls' hair colour has always been a source of amusement in our families because my DH is very dark haired, and I am blonde...There isn't even any ginger in our families!:confused3

I can't wait to stay at the DLH. I am so glad that I finally took the plunge and upgraded - after a fair amount of dithering. Being so close to the hotel will make life a lot easier with the kids.

When we went in 2005, I developed a rather rigid itinerary:rotfl: This time I intend to let the kids dictate what happens to a much larger extent. I would rather miss a few things than feel like it was some sort of 'supermarket sweep' approach. I'm looking forward to the details.

Will let you know how I get on in a trip report - if I can work out the photo thingy.

Not long now....have an amazing time :cool1:
I was like you and didnt want to plan, but in the end myself and hubs sat down each night and decided what to do the next day as we didnt want to miss anything! lol
Ps....lovely piccy of your girls princess: princess: princess:

Not long now....have an amazing time :cool1:
I was like you and didnt want to plan, but in the end myself and hubs sat down each night and decided what to do the next day as we didnt want to miss anything! lol
Ps....lovely piccy of your girls princess: princess: princess:

Thank you.:goodvibes
I will not be able to resist a planning frenzy once I get a schedule in my sweaty little palm.:lmao: I will keep it to myself and simply encourage my family in the right direction.

Gorgeous girls!!! :love:

Not long till you go. I'm not a big planner but I like to know what we'll do there, where we'll eat etc.

Enjoy your stay in DLH, take lots of photos and have a great time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter