Moving Friends & Family in MDE

GoofyDad_4427

Mouseketeer
My mother recently traveled to DW with my sister-in-law. My sister-in-law created a MDE friend for my mom, and ordered her a magic band which she used in the parks. Now, my mother is traveling with me. Is it possible to move my mother to be my MDE friend so that i can make ILLs for her and she can use the same magic band?

Have your mother pull up her linking QR code (My Disney Experience app > Hamburger menu > My Profile [NOT a tile - it’s at the bottom] > Show My Linking Code).

In the My Disney Experience app on YOUR phone, get to the add friend screen (Hamburger menu > My Profile > Family and Friends List > Add a Guest [it’s toward the bottom, under existing friends]).

Select the option to scan a linking code.

Hope that helps!

My mother recently traveled to DW with my sister-in-law. My sister-in-law created a MDE friend for my mom, and ordered her a magic band which she used in the parks. Now, my mother is traveling with me. Is it possible to move my mother to be my MDE friend so that i can make ILLs for her and she can use the same magic band?
Think of it like having Facebook friends - you can both be connected with your mom!

Does your mother have her own MDE account, and is listed in your sister's F&F list? If so, the procedure in post #2 will work fine.

However, if your mother does not have her own MDE account, then your mother's profile exists only in your sister's MDE account (and is "managed" by your sister), and you'll have to use a slightly different process and go through your sister to link your mom to your MDE.

Is your sister already linked to your MDE account in your F&F list? If so, navigate to the Add A Guest button as above, then click Find Through My Connected Guests, and then your mom's name should pop up. Click the box and follow the prompts (I can't remember what you need to do - it's been a while for me). That will link your mom's profile in your sister's MDE to your MDE, and you'll be able to make plans for her, book LLs, etc. Her MB will be linked to that same profile so it will work at the park gates, LL entrances, etc.

If your sister is not already linked to your MDE F&F, you'll need to add her first, then add your mom through her.

Does your mother have her own MDE account, and is listed in your sister's F&F list? If so, the procedure in post #2 will work fine.

However, if your mother does not have her own MDE account, then your mother's profile exists only in your sister's MDE account (and is "managed" by your sister), and you'll have to use a slightly different process and go through your sister to link your mom to your MDE.

Is your sister already linked to your MDE account in your F&F list? If so, navigate to the Add A Guest button as above, then click Find Through My Connected Guests, and then your mom's name should pop up. Click the box and follow the prompts (I can't remember what you need to do - it's been a while for me). That will link your mom's profile in your sister's MDE to your MDE, and you'll be able to make plans for her, book LLs, etc. Her MB will be linked to that same profile so it will work at the park gates, LL entrances, etc.

If your sister is not already linked to your MDE F&F, you'll need to add her first, then add your mom through her.

This is definitely the case so I greatly appreciate your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter