Mr. Potato Head

xyymom

Mouseketeer
I've got a list of what parts I can buy at the DTD store, but I have forgotten whether I can use my potato heads at home (we have about 8!) or whether they are different.

Also, how many parts will fit in a box? I don't need any of the 'classic' pieces, but want mickey parts & shoes, princess parts, minnie parts & shoes & a couple of the 'rides'.

From what I've read they DO fit; should be compatible :)

Check out the Budget Board here at DIS--there's a huge Potato head thread going on.

BTW--I bought at Walmart yesterday in the toy clearance aisle two Mr. Potato Head sets (skateboard I think) for $5 each. For all of y'all doing the Potato Head thing, it's wise to get the head before time---gives you more box room :) But then if you are buying the head with the box I've also read you can stuff inside his head too for more accessory space.

Also, if you don't mind me adding a question to your thread, does Epcot's MouseGear shop also have the build a box deal?

It should fit, as the last poster said, but don't forget to get arms b/c the acessories can't be held by the regular potato head arms. It depends what you get as to how much you can fit in the box. The Buzz Lightyear ride base took up a large chunk of the box, but I was also able to fit some other of the bigger things- Mickey's yellow shoes, some hats, etc.

As for Mousegears, I'm fairly positive that they do have it, but I thought DTD had a better selection of stuff.

Originally posted by FFerret
From what I've read they DO fit; should be compatible :)

Check out the Budget Board here at DIS--there's a huge Potato head thread going on.

BTW--I bought at Walmart yesterday in the toy clearance aisle two Mr. Potato Head sets (skateboard I think) for $5 each. For all of y'all doing the Potato Head thing, it's wise to get the head before time---gives you more box room :) But then if you are buying the head with the box I've also read you can stuff inside his head too for more accessory space.

Also, if you don't mind me adding a question to your thread, does Epcot's MouseGear shop also have the build a box deal?

Hey thanx for the Mr. Patato Head update. We plan on buying some before our trip.

If you don't buy the potato, you'll fit quite a bit in there. My last box had in it:

1 Buzz lightyear base
2 buzz ray guns
1 black bowler hat
1 white bowler hat with flower attachment
1 fireman's hat
1 fireman's gas mask
1 davy crockett hat
1 wand with star
1 groom top hat
1 bride veil
1 right arm
1 left arm
2 earrings
1 glass slipper
1 purple bunny slipper
1 red mrs ph dress heels
1 mickey ice cream bar

that's what I could fit and still be able to close it! I love doing this and I'm on my 4th box now! DH just :rolleyes:

I have a Disney bought potato and a store bought. The Disney potato works better with the Disney parts--the arms on my store bought fall down with the weight of the heavy accessories. Not a big deal and the store bought ones can sure be used, but I do like the Disney potato better and am going to buy another one when I by some more potato parts.

T&B

I bought my box of potato head parts at MouseGear in Epcot. I thought they had a pretty big selection, but I've heard DTD has a better one. I just didn't think it was worth a trip to DTD just for that.

My previously owned potato head does have trouble holding up the arms when he is carrying his mickey balloon, Buzz gun or camcorder. I guess I'll have to get the Disney potato head next time. Just make sure that you fill up the compartment in the back with as many parts as you can.

There's a lengthy Potato Head thread on the Budget Board if you want a list of parts, etc.

To answer the orginal poster's question, I fit about 30 pieces in the box without the potato. Several were small ears, eyes, and arms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter