Mr. Potatohead - DL exclusives?

katerkat

I wine a lot...it makes me feel better
We're planning on picking up the $18 "stuff your box of Mr. Potatohead accessories" from WDW in December - but does DL have any different, unique items for the Potato Man as well? Enough that it's worth doing the box-full, or just picking up items a la carte?

I don't know if the parts at DL are any different than WDW. But I do know I couldn't limit myself to just one box of parts when we went in August. And I still didn't get everything I wanted in two boxes! I was also picking up three boxes for ds' speech therapist, so how crazy do you think I looked, stuffing FIVE BOXES full of Mr Potato Head parts?
We still need Ariel parts. Santa may be looking into them for Christmas this year.

Things may have changed since we were at WDW (Dec 04) but they had *alot* more then DL. DL does have things now that WDW didn't have at the time....but they probably have them by now :confused3 Off the top of my head, the Donold Duck stuff is all I can think of. -- I would load up one box at DL and then pick up another box at WDW (but like PP said...good luck keeping to 1-2 boxes :lmao: ).

We got a box at WDW a few trips ago and then we got another box at DCA about a month ago. I saw quite a few of the same things WDW has, and some new, but they may have them at WDW now too. Also, as far as I know, you can't buy any of the parts ,that are sold by the box, separately. So if you see something you want, you'll have to buy a box full.

Also, a tip, if you don't already know-I bought our PH before we went so we were able to fill the box with only accessories-I got tons of things in that box. :goodvibes If you do buy the head, make sure to open him up and stuff his insides too!

OT-Just the other day I saw a priates pirate: set of PH at Sams Club. It included 2 big heads, 2 spuds, a pirate shaped PH carrying case, and many pieces-some pirates themed (also mermaid) for only $20. It is really cute! I wanted to buy it but my DD6 wasn't too interested. Maybe I'll get it for her 7th :bday: anyway! :rotfl2:

Here's the link if you want to see it
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=338577&pCatg=1137
it lists all the parts included.

Have fun-5 days until WDW! :grouphug:

I've already bought his Potato Head, $5 at Target. :thumbsup2

Looks like I'll be stuffing at least one box, since my sister discovered there's Cinderella parts. :rolleyes: This trip, though, we have the car, so it'll be easier to get boxes in there instead of in a suitcase!

katerkat said:
I've already bought his Potato Head, $5 at Target. :thumbsup2

Make sure you pick up a pair of the white arms with your parts. They're not the same as the regular arms you get with your Potato head elsewhere. A lot of the "pieces" can only be held by these arms.

I recently saw the Darth Vadar & Storm Trooper dressed Mr. Potato Heads at Walmart. They were only $7 or $8 each.

I already know about getting the special arms! :thumbsup2

And I have Darth Tater and Spud Trooper, but they are special and I don't let Russ play with them. :blush: They are high up on the bookshelves with my Star Wars lunchbox... :rolleyes1

katerkat said:
And I have Darth Tater and Spud Trooper, but they are special and I don't let Russ play with them. :blush: They are high up on the bookshelves with my Star Wars lunchbox... :rolleyes1

LOL!! You don't like to share? J/k. ;) I think I have more Disney toys than my 5 yr. old niece! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter