MSC vs DCL?

Fly to FLL. It is usually cheaper and there are a lot of shuttle services to port of Miami. From Montreal it is possibly even cheaper than MCO.
That’s what we’ll be doing... but we are arriving late and the shuttles are quite expensive (that being said, our hotel in Miami was cheap so it does compensate!)

From Montreal, MCO is usually much cheaper than FLL and MIA but I have found a good rate this time around.

Now praying that the airlines won’t go bankrupt before the trip. :/

That’s what we’ll be doing... but we are arriving late and the shuttles are quite expensive (that being said, our hotel in Miami was cheap so it does compensate!)

From Montreal, MCO is usually much cheaper than FLL and MIA but I have found a good rate this time around.

Now praying that the airlines won’t go bankrupt before the trip. :/

I would normally stay near the FLL airport, especially if you are arriving late. There are shuttles that will pick you up at most of the FLL airport hotels, usually about $15-20 each person. If it's only two of you it is usually a good deal, if there are more of you Uber or Lyft would probably be better. I find it cheaper than the shuttles from MCO to Port Canveral any way. Or at least the same.

Just remembered 2 other things that I did not appreciate on MSC. First, our room steward ask if we wanted face towels, they were not usually provided YOu had to ask for them and at the end of the cruise, we did not get any for a couple of days. And the pool towel, one towel per person, it was in your room and replaced daily, but you had to make sure you brought it back, if it was not there on you last day, you were charged. And the pool towels were not that great. I like to use at least 2 towels per day.

Just remembered 2 other things that I did not appreciate on MSC. First, our room steward ask if we wanted face towels, they were not usually provided YOu had to ask for them and at the end of the cruise, we did not get any for a couple of days. And the pool towel, one towel per person, it was in your room and replaced daily, but you had to make sure you brought it back, if it was not there on you last day, you were charged. And the pool towels were not that great. I like to use at least 2 towels per day.

Ok we'll pay attention to that. Thanks. :)

Our March Seaside YC out of Port Canaveral :dogdance: , if it happens pixiedust:, is scheduled for an OVERNIGHT STAY! Instead of being the last night of the cruise we leave PC Sunday arrive at Ocean Cay 7AM Monday and remain until 6PM Tuesday.

Day 1Sunday, Mar 07 2021Port: Port Canaveral, United StatesArrival: -Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 2Monday, Mar 08 2021Port: Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,BahaArrival: 07:00 AMDeparture: -
Day 3Tuesday, Mar 09 2021Port: Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,BahaArrival: -Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 4Wednesday, Mar 10 2021Port: At seaArrival: -Departure: -
Day 5Thursday, Mar 11 2021Port: Cozumel, MexicoArrival: 09:00 AMDeparture: 06:00 PM
Day 6Friday, Mar 12 2021Port: Costa Maya, MexicoArrival: 08:00 AMDeparture: 01:00 PM
Day 7Saturday, Mar 13 2021Port: At seaArrival: -Departure: -
Day 8Sunday, Mar 14 2021Port: Port Canaveral, United StatesArrival: 07:00 AMDeparture: -

This cruise didn't fit our schedule but the March 21st did. I think the March 7th itinerary is better overall but we'll still get an overnight stay at Ocean Cay.

This cruise didn't fit our schedule but the March 21st did. I think the March 7th itinerary is better overall but we'll still get an overnight stay at Ocean Cay.

Hopefully good weather will be had for both of our Monday and Tuesday stays at OC. Most likely we will have ALL of our meals in YC Restaurant and from Deck 19 Grill.

I just saw MSC talking about how things will be when they sail again. Swab tests will be part of embarkation process apparently. I wonder how long it takes to receive the results.

I will be resuscitating this thread as we have booked a new reservation with MSC for this fall and things seem to be slowly going back to normal.

Currently booked on a 4 nights cruise to the Bahamas including an overnight stay at Ocean Cay Marine Reserve. This time we are departing from PC so we are staying at the Hyatt inside Orlando Airport.

I believe the CAD-USD conversion places it around 950$ USD (475$/pp) for a Aft verandah cabin for two adults on MSC Divina. Quite reasonable. :)

The ship looks absolutely AMAZING.

I hope this one will happen. ***Fingers crossed***

I will be resuscitating this thread as we have booked a new reservation with MSC for this fall and things seem to be slowly going back to normal.

Currently booked on a 4 nights cruise to the Bahamas including an overnight stay at Ocean Cay Marine Reserve. This time we are departing from PC so we are staying at the Hyatt inside Orlando Airport.

I believe the CAD-USD conversion places it around 950$ USD (475$/pp) for a Aft verandah cabin for two adults on MSC Divina. Quite reasonable. :)

Davina certainly appears to be very cruisable(??). Looking even better that our 4 day with OVERNIGHT at OC in October will be sailing!!! :banana::banana:

Also have a January 7 night Western. Most likely will be making plenty additional since MSC is now out of PC. Simply no comparison between what YC offers and what DCL Concierge has.

Looking forward to hearing your experience. We love DCL but the we also love to cruise multiple times a year and those 2 things don't go together for us. We are looking for an alternative to add to the mix so we can do multiple trips a year and still keep within our vacation budget. MSC has really captured our attention especially since we can apply to have our club levels matched (we are Platinum with DCL).

Looking forward to hearing your experience. We love DCL but the we also love to cruise multiple times a year and those 2 things don't go together for us. We are looking for an alternative to add to the mix so we can do multiple trips a year and still keep within our vacation budget. MSC has really captured our attention especially since we can apply to have our club levels matched (we are Platinum with DCL).

I will definitely do a review.

I have tried to match but apparently, I should have requested that before I applied for the program. However, we are only Silver on DCL and Red on Carnival... I don't think it would have changed much...

But you should definitely make sure to match first.

MSC has really captured our attention especially since we can apply to have our club levels matched (we are Platinum with DCL).

I have tried to match but apparently, I should have requested that before I applied for the program. However, we are only Silver on DCL and Red on Carnival... I don't think it would have changed much...

I am Platinum and matched Diamond. I hope to use those perks someday.

Last edited:

Wow that is good information to know! We actually started looking at MSC, specifically Divina, after watching the show on the Smithsonian channel on it. Looks like a beautiful ship! So happy to know we can match club levels as we are Platinum on DCL.

I will definitely do a review.

I am Platinum and matched Diamond. I hope to use those perks someday.
Wow that is good information to know! We actually started looking at MSC, specifically Divina, after watching the show on the Smithsonian channel on it. Looks like a beautiful ship! So happy to know we can match club levels as we are Platinum on DCL.

DW and I have cruised MSC Seaside in Yacht Club and DCL Dream Concierge and feel that one can not compare the two. FAR MORE from MSC at FAR LESS $$$$. We are also Gold DCL and whatever RCL and receive the MSC Matching of 5% OFF.

DW and I have cruised MSC Seaside in Yacht Club and DCL Dream Concierge and feel that one can not compare the two. FAR MORE from MSC at FAR LESS $$$$. We are also Gold DCL and whatever RCL and receive the MSC Matching of 5% OFF.

What are the benefits on MSC? So if you go over from Platinum on DCL to Diamond on MSc, what does that come with? I have to say, I am not real impressed with DCL's "benefits" for frequent cruisers.

I recently booked a Meraviglia Yacht Club stateroom for a cruise in November. The Meraviglia looks like a nice ship and I'm looking forward to my first Yacht Club experience.

Last edited:
I recently booked a Meriviglia Yacht Club stateroom for a cruise in November. The Meriviglia looks like a nice ship and I'm looking forward to my first Yacht Club experience.

ENJOY your upcoming cruise and hope to see a Cruise Report. We are soooo looking forward to our YC West Carib. on Meraviglia in January.

I recently booked a Meriviglia Yacht Club stateroom for a cruise in November. The Meriviglia looks like a nice ship and I'm looking forward to my first Yacht Club experience.

I think you will enjoy the YC experience. The Meraviglia is a beautiful ship. Their YC lounge, restaurant and pool deck iare fantastic. Looking forward to read about your experience.

I just saw this thread bumped up so now I'm curious on MSC also. We might have to check it out
because the prices are definitely cheaper. Curious about the status match. First i ever heard of that.

Do any other lines do that as well? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter