mulan......can it go on with Eddie Murphy

chickapin parterre

DIS Veteran
My son enjoyed Mulan only because of Eddie...he was Mushu at Halloween. Is there an audience for the graphic violent detail on the trailer.?

I love the animated Mulan and I love Mushu, but I'm glad that this live-action version will be different and not have all of the same trappings of the original. I am looking forward to it.

I love the animated Mulan and I love Mushu, but I'm glad that this live-action version will be different and not have all of the same trappings of the original. I am looking forward to it.
I agree. I think that's why I don't like the new Lion King. Same story, nothing new.

I'm looking forward to the live-action adaptation though I'm a bit sad that it isn't gonna be a musical. My fave parts of Mulan are the songs!

But anyway, to anwer your question, Yes. I think the movie will do just well even without Mushu. It will be interesting to see the real-life version of the story without the fantasy elements. The trailer looks amazing!

I'm looking forward to the live-action adaptation though I'm a bit sad that it isn't gonna be a musical. My fave parts of Mulan are the songs!

I loved the addition of "Reflection" to the trailer's theme music! I'm hoping there will be more references to the music from the animated film.

I loved the addition of "Reflection" to the trailer's theme music! I'm hoping there will be more references to the music from the animated film.

Yeah, I am definitely cool with some uses of the music and references and such, I'm just glad it isn't a straight-up remake.

It will be interesting to see the real-life version of the story without the fantasy elements.
But we're not going to get that. They've gotten rid of Mushu, but now we're going to get a shape shifting witch.

But we're not going to get that. They've gotten rid of Mushu, but now we're going to get a shape shifting witch.

Yes, there are definitely still fantasy elements. This will not be a realistic depiction at all, though that's fine by me.

Yes, there are definitely still fantasy elements. This will not be a realistic depiction at all, though that's fine by me.
awww too bad... i guess that's fine by as well. The trailer looks stunning visually, gives me goosebumps. But I got a feeling that the tone would be serious, I hope they incorporate some sort of comic relief.

My son enjoyed Mulan only because of Eddie...he was Mushu at Halloween. Is there an audience for the graphic violent detail on the trailer.?
✋ I am the target audience. I have skipped all the other live actions for casting, similar story line, or looking terrible. This one looks amazing,

Disney just held their Shareholder's meeting in Raleigh, NC. There was a D23 event after the meeting. Originally it was a reception, but they added a screening of Mulan. I really enjoyed the live action remake of Mulan. Given some more time to think on it, this may be my favorite live action remake. I may actually prefer this version to the animated. The story felt more complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!