Mulitple drops in FL Resident Rates?

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
So, last week, our September cruise went on Florida Resident rates and shocked everyone, as even the TAs admitted that this was unusually early for these cruises to be on Florida Resident discount. Has it ever happened that a given cruise has dropped in price under FL Resident rate more than once before sailing? I am truly not expecting this, but as it stands, only one category was on the FL Resident Rate, and while I was lucky enough to secure an actual room that I got to pick, it is now only a GTY offer for one category. Could other options open up as we get closer to sailing? I was very blessed to get the discount I got (upgraded from a Deluxe Family Oceanview to a Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah and saved $1000!!) so I am happy regardless, but am just curious if it has happened before? TIA!

We were shocked too! We grabbed the Sept. 30th sailing on The Fantasy.
My daughter had been looking for something special for her husbands 30th Birthday, this cruise falls perfectly on his birthday week.
We are all excited, our First Halloween on the High Seas!!!
This rate is great, its about what we paid back in 2013, when they reduced the price of the last Alaskan sailing.
That was a VGT rate and we were put in a 5B, this cruise we have a 5C.

DO you have any idea what night the Halloween party falls on?

We were shocked too! We grabbed the Sept. 30th sailing on The Fantasy.
My daughter had been looking for something special for her husbands 30th Birthday, this cruise falls perfectly on his birthday week.
We are all excited, our First Halloween on the High Seas!!!
This rate is great, its about what we paid back in 2013, when they reduced the price of the last Alaskan sailing.
That was a VGT rate and we were put in a 5B, this cruise we have a 5C.

DO you have any idea what night the Halloween party falls on?

I am on the September 9th Eastern Caribbean sailing, but on ours, it is night 3.

I am on the September 9th Eastern Caribbean sailing, but on ours, it is night 3.

Ok Thank you. Could be the same for all 7 night itineraries.
Can you tell me how you found out, did you call?
Is Pirate night on Wednesday for you also?

Thanks

We have done the Western Halloween cruise the last 2 years and the party was on Cozumel day which was day 3.

We have done the Western Halloween cruise the last 2 years and the party was on Cozumel day which was day 3.

Thank you!

One more question, if you remember, what night is the Animators palate drawing show?
My grandkids would love this and haven't done it yet. We don't want to book Palo on that night.
When me and my husband sail alone we love it and and always say how they would enjoy it.

One more question, if you remember, what night is the Animators palate drawing show?

The Animators drawing show is usually your second time at the restaurant, or at least it was on the Fantasy 7 day cruises, so it will depend on your dining rotation. A few trips ago we had Animators 3 times but I don't remember if it was the second or third time for the show, but I want to say the second.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter