Multiple contracts

mike314

Mouseketeer
Just a question here, if you have multiple contracts, lets say 75 points at Vero Beach, and 125 points at Old Key West. Does this mean you now have 200 points each year? Does this also mean you have the 11 month booking window at two resorts? Thanks

You would have 11 month at each resort but only for the number of points owned at that resort. We bought the same use year so we could combine at the 7 month mark if wanted but I think we decided we will just bank/borrow at 11 months to have the 11 month advantage

Put differently, it's the points that have the 11 month booking priority, not you.

So VB points can only be used to book VB at 11 months out. If you want to book OKW at 11 months, only OKW points will do. They can be banked OKW points, current OKW points, borrowed OKW points or OKW points transferred in from another owner. But you'd have to have OKW points. Otherwise, you'd have to wait till 7months out.

Put differently, it's the points that have the 11 month booking priority, not you.

So VB points can only be used to book VB at 11 months out. If you want to book OKW at 11 months, only OKW points will do. They can be banked OKW points, current OKW points, borrowed OKW points or OKW points transferred in from another owner. But you'd have to have OKW points. Otherwise, you'd have to wait till 7months out.

^this^

To piggy back and dive a little deeper: it's the individual contracts that have qualifications, not your membership. Those qualifications include but are not limited to:
  • home booking window
  • resale restrictions
  • disney collection, etc.
Example:
You may own two AKV contracts, but depending on when and how each were purchased determines what each individual contract is qualified for. Both can obviously be used for the home booking window at AKV, but maybe only the points from your first contract is eligible for use at future resorts. If you also owned a BWV contract, that contract would only be eligible for BWV home window bookings, plus whatever other qualifications.
___

Eligibility for membership extras/benefits (blue card) is separate and is based on if your membership contains a contract(s) that made the membership eligible for benefits at the time of purchase. And remember, owning two different UY means two different memberships.

So if I have a current contract with an Oct UY and I buy another contract at the same resort but have a different UY, I would have a different membership?

So if I have a current contract with an Oct UY and I buy another contract at the same resort but have a different UY, I would have a different membership?

Yes. And two memberships means that you can’t combine the points to book one reservation without transferring the points.

Once transferred, you have to call Ms to book vs, online,

One thing people do,though, is use each to book a few nights on one and the rest on the other. Or just alternate Each using banking or borrowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!