Mummy compared to Disneyland rides

cp11

Mouseketeer
Can anyone help me compare the Mummy ride at Universal to any ride at DL? I'm debating on if I can ride it. Is it more like Screamin andTower of Terror? Or Space Mountain and Big Thunder?

(I am basing this off the Mummy ride in Orlando, which I think is very similar to the Mummy ride in Hollywood)

I would say it's like someone crossed Space Mountain (tight, dark, indoor coaster) with Indiana Jones (special effects, jeep-style, adventure theme). If you can do both Space and Indy you could do Mummy. Worst part for me were the abrupt stops a couple times.

PHXscuba

I haven't ridden the one in Orlando but I understand that the two rides are fairly different. The one in Hollywood has a launch but no loop.

(I am basing this off the Mummy ride in Orlando, which I think is very similar to the Mummy ride in Hollywood)

I would say it's like someone crossed Space Mountain (tight, dark, indoor coaster) with Indiana Jones (special effects, jeep-style, adventure theme). If you can do both Space and Indy you could do Mummy. Worst part for me were the abrupt stops a couple times.

PHXscuba

Awesome. This is the kind of comparison I was looking for. After pregnancies, I have issues with screaming and TOT, but love and can do everything else.

I haven't ridden the one in Orlando but I understand that the two rides are fairly different. The one in Hollywood has a launch but no loop.

To be clear, there are no loops/inversions on any of the Mummy coasters.

Mummy is a terrific ride IMO. :)

It's just a straight launch that goes really fast. There's a part where your supposed to feel beetles crawling across you which is spurts of air hitting your body as you go through the dark tunnel. It takes off so fast it's kind of shocking.

It's just a straight launch that goes really fast. There's a part where your supposed to feel beetles crawling across you which is spurts of air hitting your body as you go through the dark tunnel. It takes off so fast it's kind of shocking.

See, that's the part I'm worried about. I have trouble with Screaming's takeoff at DL, not the rest of the ride.

See, that's the part I'm worried about. I have trouble with Screaming's takeoff at DL, not the rest of the ride.
Well you might want to skip this one. I can handle space moutain although it's not my favorite as I don't really enjoy scarry or dark rides anymore but I ride it to make my daughter happy. I don't ride ToT as it's too scary for me. And I have rode ToT and the mummy but I only did it once and I was good for the rest of my life lol. The take off is extremely fast and very unexpected kind of like the drop on ToT as you don't know when it's going to happen. I thought the beetles crawling on me was going to scare me but that didn't scare me at all. I also don't really like being in the dark if it's going to be scary either. You can try this ride and if you don't like it just don't do it again. The only ride I haven't tried is CA Screamin as I can't handle the loops and going upside down anymore. This all happened to me after having my daughter and she's 21 now so, I font think I will ever enjoy scary rides again.:(

Well you might want to skip this one. I can handle space moutain although it's not my favorite as I don't really enjoy scarry or dark rides anymore but I ride it to make my daughter happy. I don't ride ToT as it's too scary for me. And I have rode ToT and the mummy but I only did it once and I was good for the rest of my life lol. The take off is extremely fast and very unexpected kind of like the drop on ToT as you don't know when it's going to happen. I thought the beetles crawling on me was going to scare me but that didn't scare me at all. I also don't really like being in the dark if it's going to be scary either. You can try this ride and if you don't like it just don't do it again. The only ride I haven't tried is CA Screamin as I can't handle the loops and going upside down anymore. This all happened to me after having my daughter and she's 21 now so, I font think I will ever enjoy scary rides again.:(

I love space. I don't find any of them scary, but I just have trouble with the drops in ToT and the take off of screaming. I can, and do enjoy everything else.

Mine also started after having kids and they are almost 22 and 19! It's a bummer.

I love space. I don't find any of them scary, but I just have trouble with the drops in ToT and the take off of screaming. I can, and do enjoy everything else.

Mine also started after having kids and they are almost 22 and 19! It's a bummer.
Well if you can handle screamin's take off you might be able to handle this. I would try it once & if you don't like it just don't do it again. At least you tried it and found out. I do know how you feel so, your not alone.7:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter