magyargirl

Mouseketeer
This October will be our first trip EVER to WDW! 9 nights and staying at POR with 8 day park hopper...possibly adding waterparks...we will play it by ear...or forecast closer to trip date. I would LOVE feedback as to MUST DOs while we are there. We will have 4 adults, 39, 44, 60, and 65 yrs and 1 child 9 turning 10 while there. Here is what I have painstakingly been planning for almost a year now...

Arriving at noon on
FRIDAY at POR...dinner at Raglan...Cirque du Soleil at 9pm
SATURDAY....HS with dinner at Brown Derby w/ Fantasmic
SUNDAY...B-DAY!! MK w/ MNSSHP Dinner at CRT oh and mid day res for bday girl at BBB!
MONDAY....MK again...late lunch at BOG...tried so hard for dinner but no luck! Late Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
TUESDAY...AK Breakfast at Tuskerhouse, Dinner at Sanaa (I know its not in the park but I hope AK stays open late for glowing Pandora experience! And we just thought it was neat to see the animals while we eat.)
WEDNESDAY....Breakfast at Kona Cafe then heading to Cocoa Beach for a few hours because none of us have ever set foot on ocean beach before so why not while we are so close?!? We are from the midwest! Dinner at Ohana.
THURSDAY...EPCOT Noon res for Day Cruise Around The World and Dinner at Coral Reef
FRIDAY...EPCOT again...Breakfast at Akerahus and Dinner at Biergarten
SATURDAY....WATERPARK DAY....Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno... and Dinner at Boma
...sadly Sunday heading home...

I reserved our FP+ for everything I could think of including early 9am Safari at AK. Our plan for each day at the parks is to do less walking if possible instead of running from one side of the park to the other for rides. So we looked at the maps and will be working our way from one end to the other with HS and AK. MK will be right side starting with Fantasyland on day 1 and left side with Adventureland on day 2. Same for EPCOT, one side day 1 and other side day 2. Depending on our time, we may have time to do rides more than once.

Since we have the deluxe dining plan for 3 of us, my parents have a separate room and no plan...we are sharing credits to get the most out of it. Love that many breakfast options at our resort cafe are available with snack credit.

So what am I missing?

Sounds like a great trip! I don't see any glaring "must dos" that are missing.:)

The only thing I would mention is that my 10 year old son's favorite moment of our entire trip was meeting Tigger during our Crystal Palace lunch. He kept talking about it, it was so cute! Something to consider if you guys have any interest in Pooh and Friends.

As to the BOG dinner, keep stalking MDE, something may pop up. I would especially check on Monday and Tuesday of your trip if you haven't gotten anything by then. People make last-minute changes all the time.

You are going to have a great time! One thing my boys really loved were the participatory shows. Not sure if your daughter has an interest in pirates, etc. but the Pirate's League training outside of Pirates of the Caribbean was a huge hit. My older DS was chosen to train with Jack Sparrow and he was ECSTATIC. I will never forget that (and neither will he).
20776588_10212056621184227_7947684679445925963_o.jpg

I say add the water parks. My son is 9. It is his favorite thing at wdw. They are both excellent. Fitting some time in the last few hours before water parks close is both relaxing and not a lot of people there.

Congrats on your first trip--first of many, I should say ;) I have a few personal preferences I'll throw out, but I don't see any glaring "oh please don't" things.

I like your arrival day and first day at MK--I always want to start and end our trip there. I wouldn't want my last day as a waterpark day unless you're trying to turn in early for a very early departure the next morning--I'd rather end at MK. Also, I'm a rope dropper, si I personally would want to be done with breakfast in time to get there for that, but I do like the idea of s bog breakfast before a waterpark (we love Boma for that).

I'm amazed when I meet people who've never been to the ocean; IDK why LOL But I think it's great you're making a day to go. The sand there isn't as pretty as the Gulf of Mexico, but I still love it there. (Heed the signs; rip currents can be very strong there.) Jetty Park is right next to Port Canaveral (public parking for beach access--follow the road to the dead end), so it can be fun to be right next to the cruise ships when they go out. Although if you're headed back for dinner, you might not see any. You can't go to Cocoa Beach without going to the Ron Jon Surf Shop for a t-shirt (they're now open 24 hours!); it's down on the Cocoa end of town. Just google it :)

I personally also wouldn't fool with going to the Poly for two meals in one day if I were going offsite. I'd probably go to Dixie Crossroads for rock shrimp and corn fritters, or to Fishlips at the port (omg they can grill scallops to perfection). But I understand if you're trying to use up dining credits.

On your AK day, are you leaving the park for dinner at Sanaa and then going back? Because the savanna at a AKL isn't lit, if you want to see animals while you eat, it'll have to be before dark. I like Sanaa a lot and I love the whole atmosphere of AKL, but I'm not sure I'd leave the park for it. (I'd leave for Boma!! LOL)

I also personally wouldn't do two sit-down meals a day at Epcot during Food and Wine; I'd leave room for more from the kiosks. (Honestly I wouldn't even do two days at Epcot--it's my least fave. I'd rather do DHS day, even right now.)

I highly recommend Memory Maker too, especially with the special occasion trifecta--birthday, first trip, and three generations together! I know you'll have a great trip!!

You are going to have a great time! One thing my boys really loved were the participatory shows. Not sure if your daughter has an interest in pirates, etc. but the Pirate's League training outside of Pirates of the Caribbean was a huge hit. My older DS was chosen to train with Jack Sparrow and he was ECSTATIC. I will never forget that (and neither will he).
She is dressing up as Uma from descendants so she loves the pirate theme...though she is shy...especially around boys and men...YES! (if only she wiol be that way until she is 18!!) That does sound fun though!

This October will be our first trip EVER to WDW! 9 nights and staying at POR with 8 day park hopper...possibly adding waterparks...we will play it by ear...or forecast closer to trip date. I would LOVE feedback as to MUST DOs while we are there. We will have 4 adults, 39, 44, 60, and 65 yrs and 1 child 9 turning 10 while there. Here is what I have painstakingly been planning for almost a year now...

Arriving at noon on
FRIDAY at POR...dinner at Raglan...Cirque du Soleil at 9pm
SATURDAY....HS with dinner at Brown Derby w/ Fantasmic
SUNDAY...B-DAY!! MK w/ MNSSHP Dinner at CRT oh and mid day res for bday girl at BBB!
MONDAY....MK again...late lunch at BOG...tried so hard for dinner but no luck! Late Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
TUESDAY...AK Breakfast at Tuskerhouse, Dinner at Sanaa (I know its not in the park but I hope AK stays open late for glowing Pandora experience! And we just thought it was neat to see the animals while we eat.)
WEDNESDAY....Breakfast at Kona Cafe then heading to Cocoa Beach for a few hours because none of us have ever set foot on ocean beach before so why not while we are so close?!? We are from the midwest! Dinner at Ohana.
THURSDAY...EPCOT Noon res for Day Cruise Around The World and Dinner at Coral Reef
FRIDAY...EPCOT again...Breakfast at Akerahus and Dinner at Biergarten
SATURDAY....WATERPARK DAY....Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno... and Dinner at Boma
...sadly Sunday heading home...

I reserved our FP+ for everything I could think of including early 9am Safari at AK. Our plan for each day at the parks is to do less walking if possible instead of running from one side of the park to the other for rides. So we looked at the maps and will be working our way from one end to the other with HS and AK. MK will be right side starting with Fantasyland on day 1 and left side with Adventureland on day 2. Same for EPCOT, one side day 1 and other side day 2. Depending on our time, we may have time to do rides more than once.

Since we have the deluxe dining plan for 3 of us, my parents have a separate room and no plan...we are sharing credits to get the most out of it. Love that many breakfast options at our resort cafe are available with snack credit.

So what am I missing?

****Did I mention my DD has NO IDEA about this trip?!? She thinks we are flying down south to see the Inlaws and renting a cabin in the Smokies. She isnt too thrilled about hiking the trails. I am so excited when we break the news....just before we board the plane!!*****

I say add the water parks. My son is 9. It is his favorite thing at wdw. They are both excellent. Fitting some time in the last few hours before water parks close is both relaxing and not a lot of people there.
We plan on one day for the waterparks...depending on weather. Lets hope for great weather! :-)

Congrats on your first trip--first of many, I should say ;) I have a few personal preferences I'll throw out, but I don't see any glaring "oh please don't" things.

I like your arrival day and first day at MK--I always want to start and end our trip there. I wouldn't want my last day as a waterpark day unless you're trying to turn in early for a very early departure the next morning--I'd rather end at MK. Also, I'm a rope dropper, si I personally would want to be done with breakfast in time to get there for that, but I do like the idea of s bog breakfast before a waterpark (we love Boma for that).

I'm amazed when I meet people who've never been to the ocean; IDK why LOL But I think it's great you're making a day to go. The sand there isn't as pretty as the Gulf of Mexico, but I still love it there. (Heed the signs; rip currents can be very strong there.) Jetty Park is right next to Port Canaveral (public parking for beach access--follow the road to the dead end), so it can be fun to be right next to the cruise ships when they go out. Although if you're headed back for dinner, you might not see any. You can't go to Cocoa Beach without going to the Ron Jon Surf Shop for a t-shirt (they're now open 24 hours!); it's down on the Cocoa end of town. Just google it :)

I personally also wouldn't fool with going to the Poly for two meals in one day if I were going offsite. I'd probably go to Dixie Crossroads for rock shrimp and corn fritters, or to Fishlips at the port (omg they can grill scallops to perfection). But I understand if you're trying to use up dining credits.

On your AK day, are you leaving the park for dinner at Sanaa and then going back? Because the savanna at a AKL isn't lit, if you want to see animals while you eat, it'll have to be before dark. I like Sanaa a lot and I love the whole atmosphere of AKL, but I'm not sure I'd leave the park for it. (I'd leave for Boma!! LOL)

I also personally wouldn't do two sit-down meals a day at Epcot during Food and Wine; I'd leave room for more from the kiosks. (Honestly I wouldn't even do two days at Epcot--it's my least fave. I'd rather do DHS day, even right now.)

I highly recommend Memory Maker too, especially with the special occasion trifecta--birthday, first trip, and three generations together! I know you'll have a great trip!!

I am glad you mentioned Jetty Park. I was considering it after I saw the reviews. Our BOG meal is a late lunch meal on our 2nd day at MK. I would love to be at the parks at rope drop. But I dont think we can get everyone up every morning for it. But I hope to be at MK for it on the big Bday. We have res at Sanaa at 5:30 so it will still be well before sunset to see the animals. I would have rather done Sanaa on a different day but reservations didnt work out that way. I thought about nixing Tuskerhouse and going with Tiffins aith 2 credits but I dont know if some of the picky eaters in our family would like it. Something I need to consider....though I would have to nix Ohana for Sanaa. I have been debating and planning so long now...my head is spinning! Lol! I am really hoping Disney decides to keep AK open longer so we can see Pandora at night.

Sounds like an awesome plan. What about fireworks?
We have fantasmic planned at HS on Sat. And we plan to see them at MK both nights. We will be at MNSSHP as well. I was looking into a fireworks dessert party but not sure I wanna spend 300.00 between 5 of us to eat dessert on a terrace.

We dont have to have reservations for the fireworks do we?

I highly recommend Sanaa before dark. It was so much fun watching the giraffes watch us eat! My tween still loves princesses and characters, so we do lots of character meals. Definitely hold off on water park tickets until you are there. You can upgrade for the same cost the day of as if you paid today, so wait until you are ready to use them. You can also choose to add one more park day for much less if you make that choice instead. We have only done water parks once in our last 10 trips. I would choose parks every day given the option and agree with beginning and ending at MK. My kids (and adults too :thumbsup2) love seeing the fireworks over and over, so we always shut down the parks. The dessert party is not usually worth it, but we have booked it for a splurge on occasion. We much prefer to get ice cream from the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor and stand in the middle of main street to watch the fireworks. Cheaper, better view, and easy to find a great spot as long as it's not a crazy insane crowd day (ie-July 4th or New Years :scared1:).

I highly recommend Sanaa before dark. It was so much fun watching the giraffes watch us eat! My tween still loves princesses and characters, so we do lots of character meals. Definitely hold off on water park tickets until you are there. You can upgrade for the same cost the day of as if you paid today, so wait until you are ready to use them. You can also choose to add one more park day for much less if you make that choice instead. We have only done water parks once in our last 10 trips. I would choose parks every day given the option and agree with beginning and ending at MK. My kids (and adults too :thumbsup2) love seeing the fireworks over and over, so we always shut down the parks. The dessert party is not usually worth it, but we have booked it for a splurge on occasion. We much prefer to get ice cream from the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor and stand in the middle of main street to watch the fireworks. Cheaper, better view, and easy to find a great spot as long as it's not a crazy insane crowd day (ie-July 4th or New Years :scared1:).
We have 8 day park passes with hopper so if waterpark doesnt work out, we can revisit back and forth. I do like the main street ice cream and viewing idea. Thanks! :-)

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. I had lunch reservations for BoG and about 6 weeks before the trip DD mentioned she wants pics with the Beast...:confused3 She never wanted to meet the Beast before when we had eaten there. I went on Touringplans reservation finder and was able to get a 6:30 reservation for the night that I wanted :thumbsup2 You might try that, it was great. The other thing that DD really liked was the mermaid package at the Pirates League where they do hair and mermaid makeup. She loved it. Have fun!

I just changed our reservation for Sanaa to 2:45 for late lunch. We have a breakfast res at Tusker House at 8:10 so we could be in the park.

We have the chance to go back to MK on Saturday if we choose but we have to be at the airport at 7ish in the morning on Sunday to return car rental and fly home. We will havs to play it by ear.

Last edited:
I just changed our reservation to 2:45 for late lunch. We have a breakfast res at Tusker House at 8:10 so we couod be in the park.

We have the chance to go back to MK on Saturday if we choose but we have to be at the airport at 7ish in the morning on Sunday to return car rental and fly home. We will havs to play it by ear.
We just got back a couple of weeks ago. I had lunch reservations for BoG and about 6 weeks before the trip DD mentioned she wants pics with the Beast...:confused3 She never wanted to meet the Beast before when we had eaten there. I went on Touringplans reservation finder and was able to get a 6:30 reservation for the night that I wanted :thumbsup2 You might try that, it was great. The other thing that DD really liked was the mermaid package at the Pirates League where they do hair and mermaid makeup. She loved it. Have fun!
I just found it and set up my request! So glad you mentioned that. I set up a subscription with touringplans but didnt know that was available. Thank you!!

Have a great trip! We did a surprise trip for my kids' first trip and they were so excited :). They thought they were getting ready for school and we pulled them out for a week!

Anyway, back to you. You have quite the packed itinerary! Just remember that some sit down breaks are important ... the days of standing all day are exhausting. Take it slow... sit, eat a Mickey ice cream bar, watch the shows, breathe it all in :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!