MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

So an update on this. My friend called Disney re: the email she received. The CM pulled Disney IT onto the call and they assured her that she was fine and no fast passes were going to be cancelled. She did take screen shots of her fast passes but did NOT delete the ones for the parties. The date on the email came and went and she still has her fast passes on all the days she had booked. Just sharing another data point.

Thanks! So sending emails for PP to cancel, but when call FP+ not removed or reinstated like with MNSSHP (those PP were able to use FP+ @ party).

Interesting for this year, but definitely something to keep on eye on for next year's parties.

Did you book FP+ for EP?

I did for *me* -- I have an annual pass, so it doesn't matter what I book that day with respect to the question of booking FP+ selections during 4-6 @ MK, on a party ticket.

When I tried to book FP+ in MK *only* for SO, who has a 7-day MYW ticket + party ticket, the system won't let me progress.
He does not have any FP+ booked on party day; he has 7 days booked, but NOT the party night. Our MVMCP tix have been loaded in MDX assigned to each of us for months now.

It's really not a problem, I was only sharing as an additional data point. :) Maybe they're letting everyone who previously booked FP+ on ticket media slide, but are not allowing new bookings. Idk! I didn't even try booking until weeks after I'd booked all of our FP+.

We had planned to spend the entire week at Vero Beach, but when I saw it was the first week of MVMCP, I convinced my DH and our friends to switch our last two nights to SSR and go to the party. So, we don't have any current tickets on MDE. (There are some old tickets that say we have one day left, but we actually don't.)

I was able to book 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 & 5:30-6:00 FP+s for all 4 of us with only party tickets.

I did this at about 50 days, and haven't heard anything from WDW about cancellations. Of course, I don't have any other FP+s to worry about losing, but I was able to book with party tickets only.

We had planned to spend the entire week at Vero Beach, but when I saw it was the first week of MVMCP, I convinced my DH and our friends to switch our last two nights to SSR and go to the party. So, we don't have any current tickets on MDE. (There are some old tickets that say we have one day left, but we actually don't.)

I was able to book 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 & 5:30-6:00 FP+s for all 4 of us with only party tickets.

I did this at about 50 days, and haven't heard anything from WDW about cancellations. Of course, I don't have any other FP+s to worry about losing, but I was able to book with party tickets only.

Sweet! Date of party?

I was able to book fast passes for the party on 11/12. We have a 4 day park/hopper ticket and all of fps for the week have already been made. I will update if I receive an email about losing our last day.

Made my FP picks today. As per instructions in this thread I left my 3 party days for last and I was able to book FP for Nov 28th, Dec 7 and 14th after I was done with my normal FP. Never once it gave me an error message. Now we wait for the dreaded cancellation email!

We have a 1 night RO, followed by a 4-day Package with 4-day PH tickets for early Dec Have MVMCP tickets for day 1 (RO reservation day) linked to MDE. Booked my FPs this morning; first for each day of package (days 2 thru 5), then followed by MVMCP day (3:30-5:40, only two FP+ reservations due to timing). Didn't have any issues booking FPs on MVMCP tickets. Will wait to see if I get a cancellation email.

I haven't got the dreaded email so far (two days since I booked FP) and I've been able to chance times and experiences without any errors bout missing tickets.

I just booked FPP for 3:50-4:50, 4:55-5:55 with party ticket only. We have no other park days as this is following our cruise on the dream. I couldn't really tweak the time as I was able to score 7d! So only booked 2 FPP before 6:00. Another thing interesting is this was day 61 before our party date.

I just booked FPP for 3:50-4:50, 4:55-5:55 with party ticket only. We have no other park days as this is following our cruise on the dream. I couldn't really tweak the time as I was able to score 7d! So only booked 2 FPP before 6:00. Another thing interesting is this was day 61 before our party date.
I received the email from Disney Destinations today reminding me that I can now book fastpasses for my trip. States my "tickets are linked" and I am ready to be able to book fastpasses. Again, the only ticket I have on MDE is my party ticket. I will save this email just in case there are issues later.

I received the email from Disney Destinations today reminding me that I can now book fastpasses for my trip. States my "tickets are linked" and I am ready to be able to book fastpasses. Again, the only ticket I have on MDE is my party ticket. I will save this email just in case there are issues later.

Wow! 1st post (i.e. email) I've seen like this.

We are booked for a RO and no park tickets, only MVMCP on the 2nd night of our stay.

60 d our from RO checkin (61 d to the party) we received an email from Disney Destinations saying we could book FP. Logged in and it let me book FP for the party day -- the party day was the only day I could choose. FWIW, I was given time options for throughout the day, but didn't try booking anything too early to see if it would actually let me.

Initially got FP for 320-420; 425-525 and 530-600. Adjusted them after so the times are now 330-430; 430-530; 530-600 [same rides]. 7 Dwarves was the only thing not available at all.

SW

I spoke with a CM tonight about getting FP on party tickets and she said absolutely.
Wish I had talked to that CM. I was told absolutely NOT, and had me purchase an extra day ticket, saying that was the only way to get FPS for a party night. I feel so silly having spent the extra. I just wish Disney would state clearly their policy.

Wish I had talked to that CM. I was told absolutely NOT, and had me purchase an extra day ticket, saying that was the only way to get FPS for a party night. I feel so silly having spent the extra. I just wish Disney would state clearly their policy.

I agree that they need a written policy. This is stressful and unnecessary!

This! Started this thread after MNSSHP & FP+ issues. Numerous CMs stating ticket isn't a regular ticket, but a Special Ticket Event (we know this) so can't make FP+. Umm, so why have we been able to for years? Most had FP+ reinstated, some never received email, & several have already attended party & used FP+. Then after all these scenarios, CMs state well things will change (grain on salt) & we know Disney policy of everything subject to change.

Makes me wonder after all these "scare tactics of losing FP" (nothing better this late @ night), and parties not selling out, PP now receiving emails to make FP+ with only MVMCP tickets. Curious and curious. Hmm..

Anyone receive these MVMCP FP+ emails last year? Or MNSSHP?

My 30 day before my MVMCP ticket opens in about 1.5 hours...will be interesting to see if it opens to book? I only have one park day and thats AFTER MVMCP - and it's for AK. Will keep posted!

Edited to add: I just managed to book Space Mountain 4:05-5:05 and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 5:05-6:00pm on the 10th November. I don't have any other tickets for that day, and my only other park ticket is the AK/Epcot/HS one on the 11th, so it shouldn't let me book for MK on the 10th anyway? Fingers crossed I don't get a cancellation email when I wake up! (It's just gone 10pm here where I am!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter