MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

Any updates? I don't want my last day of FPs cancelled and now I'm afraid I will miss the dreaded email. May just cancel my MVMCP FPs to be safe, but I was able to get SDMT so that would be sad...

Any updates? I don't want my last day of FPs cancelled and now I'm afraid I will miss the dreaded email. May just cancel my MVMCP FPs to be safe, but I was able to get SDMT so that would be sad...

As long as you can check your email every day from now until you go, you should be fine. I believe the email cancellation notice gives you several days. It's not like you get the email, and they cancel the next day.

As long as you can check your email every day from now until you go, you should be fine. I believe the email cancellation notice gives you several days. It's not like you get the email, and they cancel the next day.
Actually not true..I got the email October 12 at about 3 in the morning. October 13 when I woke up for work my fast passes were gone.

Actually not true..I got the email October 12 at about 3 in the morning. October 13 when I woke up for work my fast passes were gone.

Oh my! Were you able to call and get them added back for your park day or are they just gone?? I'm so sorry!

Last edited:

Just to clarify by the specific time you mean for "October 12 at about 3 in the morning". Do you mean (a) the middle of the night from Oct. 11-12, or (b) the middle of the night from Oct. 12-13?

Oh my! Were you able to call and get them added back for you park day or are they just gone?? I'm so sorry!
I didn’t try to call. I was luckily able to add 7 dwarves on my arrival day so I will still get to ride it. I didn’t call because I just didn’t feel like messing with it.

I didn’t try to call. I was luckily able to add 7 dwarves on my arrival day so I will still get to ride it. I didn’t call because I just didn’t feel like messing with it.
I called. Same answer as before. That it's an error if the system let's you make FP for party ticket only day. And can be taken off. She said with the exception, if the party ticket is your only ticket, then you can. That last part was new to me. Anyway, that's what I was told twice now.

I called. Same answer as before. That it's an error if the system let's you make FP for party ticket only day. And can be taken off. She said with the exception, if the party ticket is your only ticket, then you can. That last part was new to me. Anyway, that's what I was told twice now.

Not sure I understand the last part about the exception? Does it mean it's ok to book FP 4-6pm if you ONLY have a MVMCP ticket, and NO OTHER park tickets at all? But it is NOT ok to book FPs from 4-6pm if you have a MVMCP ticket for a day (no park ticket THAT day), but you have park tickets for other days of your trip?

If that's the case, then the "value" of the party ticket is less, if you actually plan on other park days??? This makes no sense.

I don't know how they can tell people it's "wrong" if the system allows you to do it?? If it's not allowed, then Disney IT needs to shut that option off...

I did a little test FP booking before my 60 day window opened today, and I wanted to share the results, relative to the question of MVMCP FPs.

First, I had 2 days left on a military ticket in MDE, no party tickets purchased yet. I tried to book FPs in the 30 day window with only these tickets on my MDE. It only allowed me to book 2 days of FPs, just like it should be. When I tried to book more, it gave me an error that I didn't have any more ticket days.

Then a few weeks later, I bought MVMCP tickets for 12/17 party, and they were on MDE, along with my military tickets. I tried to book for 3 days of FPs in my 30 day window, but it stopped me at 2 days of FP (wouldn't let me book the party day FPs like a real ticket would have).

Then, I tried booking 2 days of FPs, then booking the third day on an actual MVMCP date (one in November since I couldn't test my actual party date at that time since I was outside of my 60 day window). I booked the 2 regular days of FP first, then went to the MVMCP date in November, and it would NOT let me book FPs for the party date (albeit not the party date on my party ticket). Lead me to believe that the MVMCP ticket is linked to the actual date of the party ticket ONLY, so it can't be used to book FP on just any date or any other party date, only the actual party date of the party ticket. Had to wait until my 60 day window to test that...

My 60 day window opened today, I booked 2 days of FPs and then went to MVMCP date 12/17 (the actual ticketed party date) and was able to book more FPs. So this time, it finally let me do 3 days of FPs, but only because I seemingly chose my actual party date for the 3rd day of FPs.

My experiment leads to me to think that the system "knows" which day my party ticket is for and allowed me to book extra FPs that day specifically and that day only. Therefore, it seems to be a sanctioned booking (or at least not prohibited by their current technology), whereas trying to book a 3rd day of FPs on a party day which was not my party day, and which exceeded my number of regular ticket days, was not allowed by the system.

Thoughts?

Not sure I understand the last part about the exception? Does it mean it's ok to book FP 4-6pm if you ONLY have a MVMCP ticket, and NO OTHER park tickets at all? But it is NOT ok to book FPs from 4-6pm if you have a MVMCP ticket for a day (no park ticket THAT day), but you have park tickets for other days of your trip?

If that's the case, then the "value" of the party ticket is less, if you actually plan on other park days??? This makes no sense.

I don't know how they can tell people it's "wrong" if the system allows you to do it?? If it's not allowed, then Disney IT needs to shut that option off...
The last part I never heard before either. I was actually calling about a magic band issue, and said, by the way................... She seemed to have a prepared answer. She was clear that the party ticket does not entitle you to FPS. Stating I wouldn't need them anyway. Then said one expection would be if there is only a party ticket associated with the account and no day tickets. So im guessing this last part is how people are doing it. If you book the party day fp last, maybe the system sees it separately? Just a guess there.

Edit: she did say that error can happen, but those fps could be subject to cancelation. Again my guess is this is an internal review of the system by IT, and why so few get a notice.

Last edited:
So we have day tickets and all 3 FPs setup for an upcoming Epcot trip in Dec, tried to go in and add FPs for MK during the party same day and the system told us we would have to cancel our FP at Epcot in order to add another.

So yeah, the party ticket value kind of diminished a bit.

My experiment leads to me to think that the system "knows" which day my party ticket is for and allowed me to book extra FPs that day specifically and that day only. Therefore, it seems to be a sanctioned booking (or at least not prohibited by their current technology), whereas trying to book a 3rd day of FPs on a party day which was not my party day, and which exceeded my number of regular ticket days, was not allowed by the system.

That is interesting and shows that the system does know this is a party ticket. So, if they really don't want people to have FP+ for those early hours, why don't they shut this off at the front end/booking side instead of going in the back side and cancelling FP+? That doesn't make sense at all.

So we have day tickets and all 3 FPs setup for an upcoming Epcot trip in Dec, tried to go in and add FPs for MK during the party same day and the system told us we would have to cancel our FP at Epcot in order to add another.

So yeah, the party ticket value kind of diminished a bit.

If you were trying to make FP+ for early hours of a party on the same day you already have FP+ at EP, then the system is correct, you can't do that. You only get 3 FP+ per day, no matter what. If you had two separate, legitimate one-day tickets in your account, it would not let you get FP+ at two different parks even though you would be using two different tickets.

That is interesting and shows that the system does know this is a party ticket. So, if they really don't want people to have FP+ for those early hours, why don't they shut this off at the front end/booking side instead of going in the back side and cancelling FP+? That doesn't make sense at all..

My thoughts exactly. I haven't gotten the dreaded email (yet) but if I do, I may point this out and see what they say. I also read everything on the Disney site I could find last night about party tickets and then about FPs. It only says you have to have a "valid theme park ticket" to book FPs. How is a party ticket not a valid theme park ticket if it lets you into the theme park 3 hours before the event, when the event is not going on? To me, that constitutes a valid theme park ticket. No where could I find an exception saying that hard tickets events were NOT allowed to have FPs. Maybe someone else has found that, but I didn't.

That is interesting and shows that the system does know this is a party ticket. So, if they really don't want people to have FP+ for those early hours, why don't they shut this off at the front end/booking side instead of going in the back side and cancelling FP+? That doesn't make sense at all.

If you were trying to make FP+ for early hours of a party on the same day you already have FP+ at EP, then the system is correct, you can't do that. You only get 3 FP+ per day, no matter what. If you had two separate, legitimate one-day tickets in your account, it would not let you get FP+ at two different parks even though you would be using two different tickets.

Right, I wasnt able to do that but here is the issue with this behavior.

I have paid for two separate tickets for the same day. Each for a separate park/experience, this is not a park hopper deal. So because of this I should get the same value from each. If someone can setup a FP using only a Party ticket, everyone should be able to do the same, not just those who ONLY purchased a Party ticket for that day.

This is why it takes away the value. To me it is clearly an oversight by Dis IT or Analytics departments. Either allow all of those who purchase a Party ticket the same advantages of FP+ or do not offer it at all. Dont exclude those who spent money on another separate ticket to enjoy another park same day.

Just my take FWIW.

I have paid for two separate tickets for the same day.

This is why it does make sense. As I said, you could buy two separate tickets for the same day that have nothing to do with the party. But if you use them on the same day, you still only get 3 FP+ for that day. Someone else who uses their two separate tickets on two separate days will get FP+ for both days. It's all in the way you decide to use your separate ticket.

It only says you have to have a "valid theme park ticket" to book FPs. How is a party ticket not a valid theme park ticket if it lets you into the theme park 3 hours before the event, when the event is not going on

Disney semantics. Party tickets are not theme park tickets; they are special event tickets. And getting into the park 3 hours early is a bonus that Disney could take away at any time and not even have to give notice they are doing so, because the ticket itself says "7:00-midnight."

so I have Fps booked before the party but 4 of us have APs and 1 has a park ticket that day but one does not... will they cancel the FP for everyone in the party? or just the one person?

I had a 2 park ticket already linked to my resort reservation. I had already chose fast passes for 2 days. A few days later I called and bought tickets for MVMCP. After I linked the MVMVP tickets to my profile I then had one more day of fast passes available.

Considering, the party ticket isn't supposed to come with FP+ to begin with, it's just a bonus.

Says who? Don't get me wrong, you have been one of the most helpful people on this thread, but nowhere does this "policy" seem to be written or communicated to ticket buyers. I just looked at my PDF tickets for the party again and it very clearly states multiple times "This is your ticket. This page is required for Theme Park entrance." Meanwhile there is nothing on the ticket stating that it doesn't work with FP+ or has limitations.

Disney seems to have no problem letting people in early for the event. I wonder why. Could it be so that they can sell more food for instance? Why would they prevent normal park operations to someone in the park during that time? I'm sure they have calculated a benefit to allowing it to occur.

I have now multiple years booked FP+ using a party ticket, sometime on trips with a ticket used on other days, sometimes not. Each time their system has allowed me to do so. If they do not want this to be happening, then correct the system, don't let party goers in early, or stop distributing FP+ for the party days at 4:00p. They have several solutions, yet none are being chosen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter