My 2nd tale... Fantasy Rd 2, TR Rd 2: NO sea sickness! [Apr '16-East Car.] (Upd Apr19: COMPLETED)

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, despite not getting to do everything you wanted. That gives you a reason to go back there!

Awww last days are always sad :sad:

Glad you all had such a wonderful family vacation!!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I'm glad that everyone was still able to enjoy themselves, your mom especially :love:

Dang it - ALWAYS book that placeholder, lol!! It's refundable :worship: ok well I'll catch up with you on your Asia trip report now :thumbsup2
Hahaha my parents are waiting for my sister's kids to get a little bit older, so that we can do a full family cruise trip! He keeps talking about taking my nephew to play in the splash areas haha.

We just never think we would make it onto a cruise within the two years and would rather spend that deposit money on something else :rotfl2:

Sad to see the trip come to an end, i really enjoyed reading all about it, definitely seemed like you all had a great time.

Sorry for the loss of your Grandmother, I understand the feeling of not wanting to travel after such a sad event but also wanting to at the same time. Sometimes its good to get out of town and try to get your mind off of things. We lost my grandmother in 1995, we had a WDW trip planned for months beforehand and while my grandmom was still awake and talking (it was a brainstem stroke) she was adamant that my mom would still go on the trip, anytime my mom mentioned cancelling, she would say no you are not cancelling, you are going on that trip. Well she passed away a couple days before we were due to leave and my mom did postpone it a few days but we did end up going. It overall wasn't the most fun trip we went on but we had my little niece with us (4 years old) so it was fun to see it through her eyes. By that time my mom really was ready to get out of town anyway.

I have been following along on your Asia trip so I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip there.
Thank you!! Yeah in the end I think my mom felt like it was what she needed so it ended up being a good thing we still went. I know that if my grandmother's illness persisted longer than it did, then it would have just been Glendon and I and Michelle without my parents, and the trip would have been very very different. In the end at least it's something we will always remember.

I'm going to be able to concentrate on that TR soon! Thanks for following along

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip! I really enjoyed reading along! And, now you have things to look forward to on the next cruise!

Thanks for sharing! Such a fun trip and great trip report to read about! Hoping to "join along" for your upcoming adventures! :)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip! I really enjoyed reading along! And, now you have things to look forward to on the next cruise!

Thank you for reading!! I don't THINK we will be doing another 7nighter anytime soon, we're planning on doing a 4 night on the Disney Dream. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet as I've only ever one the 2 7nights haha. I'm worried it's not enough time on the ship!!

Thanks for sharing! Such a fun trip and great trip report to read about! Hoping to "join along" for your upcoming adventures! :)

Thank you for following along!!!!

Spoiler alert: it's not!
So sad!! I'm sure I'll still have lots of fun, just not enough ship time!! Hopefully I won't regret just splurging for a longer cruise time haha. Originally we were only going to do a trip to WDW but we got a little bit greedy and wanted to throw cruise time in as well haha.

I just finished reading through your trip report. Great job! Thanks for posting. LOL you sure do nap a lot!

I just read your trip report in the past couple of days. You truly are blessed with such a great family! Your parents are adorable. I got a little kick out of one of your regrets- not snorkeling and getting to see the sea turtle, as some have said it's a great excuse to go back. Remember the pirate ship you saw in St. Thomas that you thought was so cute? My family and I rode that on an excursion to go swim with sea turtles! It truly was amazing and so many turtles all around you! The excursion was with RC, I'm not sure if Disney offers it, but if you ever get the chance it was by far my number one thing I've ever done! Thank you for the reports, you are a good story teller!

Just got done reading your trip report, your parents are super cute! Your love for Disney and the fun you had definitely came through! Just booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise for Dec 1 2018 and loved seeing all your pictures of the ports and of course the ship!

Oh my goodness. I just read all 12 pages in one day! It all started off with me doing a search to get some more information on the Tour of Virgin Gorda Excursion. And boy did I hit the mother load of trip reports. Loved Loved Loved your story telling, your pictures and your family. What an awesome time!

Thanks so much for all of the info. We will be cruising on the Fantasy Eastern itinerary in May and this trip report has gotten me all the more excited about it! We have the Tour of Virgin Gorda booked and plan on either doing a beach day or the cable car thing you talked about in St. Thomas. Can't wait!

And thanks so much for the bump of this topic to the top of the pile - what a great report! As a former-Edmontonian-now-living-in-ahem-Calgary, I can really sympathize with your adventures. I'm doing Western Carribbean with the fam this fall, and this has only additionally whetted the appetite!

Now off to find your report from Asia - we're off to Shanghai in April, with a calculated visit to you-know-where in the planning. :)

Mark

I just read your trip report in the past couple of days. You truly are blessed with such a great family! Your parents are adorable. I got a little kick out of one of your regrets- not snorkeling and getting to see the sea turtle, as some have said it's a great excuse to go back. Remember the pirate ship you saw in St. Thomas that you thought was so cute? My family and I rode that on an excursion to go swim with sea turtles! It truly was amazing and so many turtles all around you! The excursion was with RC, I'm not sure if Disney offers it, but if you ever get the chance it was by far my number one thing I've ever done! Thank you for the reports, you are a good story teller!
Oooooh I can't believe I never caught this reply!!! So sorry about that! But that sounds like an AWESOME EXCURSION! Sea turtles are my absolute favourite animals ever. I have to look into this haha. I was really happy we ended up going on a 4-night this past January and I went snorkelling by myself and came across the sea turtle!!! It was raining so there weren't actually that many other people snorkelling in the lagoon so I hung out with the sea turtle for quite some time. Life = made haha.

Oh my goodness. I just read all 12 pages in one day! It all started off with me doing a search to get some more information on the Tour of Virgin Gorda Excursion. And boy did I hit the mother load of trip reports. Loved Loved Loved your story telling, your pictures and your family. What an awesome time!

Thanks so much for all of the info. We will be cruising on the Fantasy Eastern itinerary in May and this trip report has gotten me all the more excited about it! We have the Tour of Virgin Gorda booked and plan on either doing a beach day or the cable car thing you talked about in St. Thomas. Can't wait!
I'm so glad to hear this!!! Thank you!

Oh I can't wait for you to do your cruise!!!! You'll have a great time regardless of what you book!!!! My mom still talks about Cabanas HAHA

I'm so glad someone reminded me of this trip report, I absolutely loved it!! Have you done any more since this one? It was such a fun read!!

I'm so glad someone reminded me of this trip report, I absolutely loved it!! Have you done any more since this one? It was such a fun read!!
Haha thank you! I'm just in the middle of still writing up my Disney Asia trip report! If you wanted to read that one, it's here. Otherwise my next one will be my last 4 night cruise on the Dream!

Yes I will absolutely read your Asia report later tonite!! We are going to Japan in the Fall (not sure where you went yet) and are looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!