My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

No rush. Enjoy your vacay.

Hey, actually it's pretty fun going through them as I have only gotten "SOME" of them up on this Trip Report.:lmao:
(I have gone thru 3 gigs so far of film......)

More to be posted as the days progress I promise.:goodvibes
This blog will still look a little rough so please be aware but I do promise to get it cleaned up, edited properly and such when I get back to my 'home country' in about a week -

:rotfl:** REALITY-LAND **:lmao:

ANYWHO -

We are off today to the nice city of Monterey California - hmmmm....I think I have some WINE TASTING in my blood for today!!:thumbsup2
That & I want some seafood.

DETAILS COMING UP -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:3dglasses
&
Cheers

************************************************************************************************
OMG!! I seriously cannot believe where YOURS TRUELY will be going tommorow!!:pixiedust:
*************************************************************************************************

Can't just say yet but with Ms. Jennifer Beardsall's - (Front Office Mgr @ Casa Munras...the hotel where we are staying at tonight here in Monterey California) - kind and TOTALLY UNEXPECTED assistance..........

She has.........

TOTALLY MADE MY WHOLE YEAR!!:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.
&
T.B.C.:idea:

DAY 6:car:
High Temps in the upper 60's
here in Monterey California

(map of just of some of the places we saw while visiting the Castle)

Today was a pretty nice and leisurely day spent strolling up the PCH while taking the scenic route - and along the way, we made a few stops w/the first one being the Hearst Castle 'compound' (imo).

And along the way, it was soooooo nice to slowly wake up while finishing nibbling on the just a tab bit over a pound of assorted chocolates with partaking in some much needed OJ and muffins......and dare I say OJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJ? :lmao:

Took me a bit but YYESSSS, I did wake up. I tell ya, without me being fully awake, I seem to act just a weeeee bit Goffier than Goofy; just a little FYI.;)

Anywho -
About Hearst Castle -
It is sitting high on a hill overlooking San Simeon, this private castle was once the home of media tycoon William Randolph Hearst. Very nice estate as I really felt emotionally overpowered by the overall granduer of the place:

and to think, I feel that the places we saw only barely scratches the surfaace as to what all he had built. Overall, IMHO - "A MUST DO.":thumbsup2:

The Tour Guide ROCKED!! and so did the Visitor's Center - very well organized.

We saw 4 rooms from the "Grand Room" tour. Afterwards, (on own your own time), we toured the lavish pools,

The pool (the indoor one)

and -

(the architechure of the place is just jaw-dropping) -

... gardens, etc. There is an indoor Roman pool, a theater (The theatres faces on the Romanesque figures inside have no relavancy to Hearst's past unlike 'that DISney theatre in NYC' whose 1 individual face on of the areas DOES in relation back to Hearst; FYI) and while there, we even saw the remnants of his private zoo.

LUVED THE 'REC ROOM"

FYI & FROM THE DIGCHA KNOW FILE:
That it costs approx. $30,000 a day to fully and properly maintain Hearst Castle - OUCH!!

ANYWHO -
and the "Great Hall" - took my breath away!

Now of course, what's a tour without checking out the food that's being offered there - so ya know me....I just had to 'check out' the fudge they have for sale there = YUM!!

So with a belly full of food & drink,
we all slowly made our way back to the motorcoach & headed on back up the coast -

- chilled out for a bit while checking out the Sea Lions -

(FYI - there is a coin operated telescope at the motorcoach stop u can use to see them upclose if ya want)

and the "Lone Cypress Tree"

(saw this while visiting "17-Mile Drive" in the Pebble Beach area...pretty nice and relaxing drive IMHO)

On the way to San Fran, Justine (our Tour Director), read to us some info about the Golden days of San Fran that just left all of us in stitches -

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

** Thank you Justine....you really helped to bridge this vacation into one incredible adventure **:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Very interesting to see them (the Sea lions) frolic in the waters like that tho I do add if that's their mating call......WHOAH!!

ANYHWO -

Then headed onto a pretty sleepy but cool looking town of Monterey around 4:45pm. Love the look and feel of the place and really felt right at home with her as we headed out to a nice Seafood restaurant;

Very accomidaing place when it comes to ordering any food & drink from their menu -

LUV SO CAL'S CLAM CHOWDER!! YYUUMM!!

(I remember from past DISboards readings to eat the soup FIRST - lol )

Afterwards, I was in the process of heading back to my room when I spied some fellow travelers I had meet a few days earlier, so off I went to check out a nice Milkshake....

(that's a Cookies & Creme milkshake = YUM!!)

....at a local restaurant - (I will say it...it was a Denny's but HEY!!!! DONT LET THAT NAME FOOL YA!! WONDERFUL FOOD IMHO)- :goodvibes
but wait! There's more -popcorn::
.........the waitress was nice and yes....COMPED me a nice big ol bowl of chicken noodle soup!!
**THANKUTHANKUTHANKU **

Headed on back to the hotel right about now & well, this here kid needs his 'beauty sleep' cuz I got me a big day a head of me

CUZ............ GUESS WHAT?????popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:yay:
&
CHEERS

DAY 6
Continued

and -

(one of the very last pictures taken of Walt shown in the very next to last section of the Museum) -

OMG!!!! I FEEL LIKE I AM WALKING ON CLOUDS!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
(I have never been to the WD Family Museum)

** WILL TAKE PICS WHERE I CAN AS I HAVE HEARD NOW U CAN DO THIS **

Jennifer helped put this together and I really really owe her a HUGE THANK U!!:goodvibes
Her hotel property IMO has spunk and personality that combined together w/ their Sano Spa facility really makes for one heck of an incredible / relaxing and very enjoyable hotel stay. ** Def a hotel worthwhile checking out ** :goodvibes

Overall, today was a very very well put together day & was fun to experience.:goodvibes

and speakin' of having fun -
had fun today nibblin' on an Angus cheeseburger (while visiting the Hearst Castle), Clam chowder bread bowl w/shredded cheddar cheese and chives (Montererey) , chicken noodle soup (also at Montererey) oh ......and a milkshake. = YUM!!:p

Gotta boogy 4 now. Need my sleep -
Nice hotel - the Casa Munras -:goodvibes

P.S.
and I also need to see what was left for me back at the hotel room. I seem to be having 'Elves' taking care of me all throughout this adventure. ** YOU KNOW WHO U ARE ** and well......a huge thank you for doing what u do as you have made all my dreams come true.:thanks:

(view from my room last night - ** JUST DBLE CLICK W/YOUR MOUSE OVER THE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

AND -

(sunset along PCH on the way to Monterey CA) -

T.T.F.N.:wave2:
&
CHEERS

Isn't the WDFM great? I shed a few tears in that last room.

I am glad that I was not the only one crying when we all got to that room.:(

More on that in a moment -

ANYWHO -
Yes, boys and girls........
It's that time.......................:hyper:

YOURS TRUELY will be experiencing the Walt Disney Family Musuem (at the Presidio) for the very first time today.:banana:
(yes, it's ok to take pics there just NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY) -

and -

ANYWHO -

Lots to do and see -

So about today.....
Like I always say, expect the unexpected when I go on a vacation -;)

T.T.F.N.:yay:
&
Cheers Ya'll

DAY 7:moped:
Sunny Skies w/high temps of 67 degrees

Ok......today was rather a funky (that's the word for today;)) day BUT A GOOD DAY as I had 'DISney on the brain' all day today and it showed.:goodvibes

Was be-bopping to DISney music on my I-pod on our way from Monterey to San Fran on the tour motorcoach.

and ......well.....OOPS!!!! I forgot to NOT have my I-pod up loud and Justine had to tell me to turn DOWN my music!!:ssst:

SORRY ABOUT THAT -

ANYWHO -

we finally arrived into San Fran around a little bit past one pm near Pier 39 area for lunch w/me gently saying my goodbyes to the group and heading off onto my adventure of finding the Holiday Inn Wharf.:goodvibes

(interior shot of my room at the Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf)

Now getting acclinmated to the city via walking for the very first time can be challenging but I found the hotel in nothing flat - dropped off my carry on luggage and was off to the Presidio..........
and yes......I wanted to experience fast walking through Lombard street on my way to the WDFM...........

and fast walking I did.:upsidedow

The adventure continues popcorn::

** DOUBLE CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

The above video was just one of the many things I saw while visiting the WDFM -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Having a total blast experiencing all what I am seeing - wish I had more time in the the day to see more things -
and the weather?? Cudnt be any more perfect -

T.T.F.N.:goodvibes
&
Cheers Y'all

(IMHO, the best part of seeing the museum....) -

Oh yes - the walking bit on down to the Presidio.popcorn::
(I also had fun seeing Telegraph Hilll at night while walkign back to the Holiday Inn Wharf area) - telegraph Hilll?? Very nice and pretty dang picturesque at night.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ANYWHO -
The walk was very nice BUT rather physically intensive - (please make sure you are wearing very strong and sturdy shoes that will withstand the up and down walking you WILL be doing while on the streets of San Fran) -

GOOFY TIP OF THE DAY-:idea:

What really helped me get through the Lombard street area was to 'get a DISney song' in your head mentally and just play it over & over in your head while you are walking and before u know it, you get your mind off of fast walking literally at an 45 degree angle -:3dglasses

ANYWHO -
But soon - I was there!!:cloud9:

(the entrance to the museum) -

Once inside, it was like walking into a dream -

(ok - I confess - seeing this really made me tear up)

ANYWHO -
Had fun talking for a little, the admissions people and soon, I was off to see Walt and Friends wonderful world.

(pic of the Golden Gate bridge just while you are looking at the "True Life Adventures" section of the musuem)

T.T.F.N.:smooth:
&
Cheers Y'all

My overall impression of the place was that of being appreciative of what Diane Disney did in creating this place in loving memory of her Father as NO I do not view it (after seeing it now) as a 'shrine' to her Father as some have noted in their opinions.

What struck me the most was the vast amount of awards, plaques and such that he was awarded throughout the years; as duely noted in the movie, "Saving Mr Banks."
I thought via the movie that he was coming across as a braggart but no - those awards are real and YES he has a lot of them being showcased in the museum that bears his name.:goodvibes

Pic#2

Video #1

The WDFM building & its presentation of Walt's life is well designed and well put together. IMHO, another 'Must Do' while u are visiting San francisco.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I was really amazed as just how intensive and descriptive everything was and to think, to hear it from WALT himself and or from any of 'the 9 old Men'---- I mean WOW!!! ** TOO COOL **:woohoo:

and I mean, he really went into every detail for example on how the multi-plane camera works to his opinion of Snow White came to be to even how Mary Poppins was developed as well.

And yes & OMG!! The detail on the storyboarding!! WOW!!!
Words can't even begin to describe how I felt seeing the intensly detailed storyboards wherever I went while touring the WDFM.:goodvibes

pic#2

But seeing her (less 2 cars that are housed on over at a WDW hotel) just really made the trek on over here all worth while:

ANYWHO -

soon I was off the see the 2nd half of the place (approx quad#4 on )
while striking up a beautiful conversation with one of the WDFM volunteers who really made the place come alive with his presentation; esp in quad #9 (the 2nd to last place u see before the very last one that talks about his passing).

T.T.F.N.popcorn::
&
Cheers Y'all

I am off now to change out my laundry out of the washer machine and now into the dryer........

Back in a bit.::yes::

:goodvibes**from the didga know file & from just right before u r taken to the "True Life Adventures" videos & the view of the GG Bridge*** :goodvibes

I didn't know that Walt's fascination with little things is what lead to the creation of DL as this is just a small blip about what little things he collected from all around the world)

(pic taken from inside of Walt's signed copy of Mary Poppins book) -

(overhead view of their family home; including Walt's barn & rr track)

and -

Sooooo many fond memories - having so much fun here in San Francisco - really liked seeing the Walt Disney family museum - IMHO ....a must do while visiting this area.

&
Cheers Y'all

DAY 8popcorn::
Sunny Skies w/high temp in San Fran 0f 64 degrees

Today came rather quick for me as I was up and about & out the door around 5am to update my Tr, get ready for the day and then wham! - we were all off to see Alcatraz around 9am.:goodvibes

Pretty cool place but tho I do add very forboding and intimitading.:crowded:
I mean, within the first 5 minutes of me stepping onto that island, I felt totally creeped out and alone.:scared:
Not a place I would want to spent my time there but all was in good fun as I knew I was just 'passing through as a visitor' while seeing this jail in the game of Monopoly called life.:goodvibes

(overhead shot of the place)

and -
I could sense that when the prisioners were first brought here to the island, the process of processing them was meant to bust them down from a human being and into a number -

(this is DEF one place I don't wanna live in)

(cell where that breakout took place)

video#1

(me looking a wee bit tired but having a blast)

Now
afterwards, we all enjoyed our ferry boat ride back onto "freedom";) land and onto a much needed lunch out a pier #39 -

But........I bid our group a fond audieu and was off to see Chinatown (not booked through YMT Vacations) and into a complete disaster of what was supposed to be a wonderful vacation adventure.:scared:

DETAILS COMING UP -

Ok.....here is where it gets weird.popcorn::

So I make my way via walking on over to the China Gate (Chinatown - corner of Bush & Grant) & waited and waited and waited..........:confused:

(entrance to Chinatown) - pretty nice place IMO

While on the way, I encountered -

1) On the way to Bush & Grant, I walked by someone who was just dropping
off someone at an intersection and a Pedestrian felt that was wrong and was just verbally "reading that driver of the car the riot act".....

I am thinking that the Pedestian thought that it was wrong to do this....

Too funny to watch as the woman he dropped off & I both agreed that the Pedestrian was acting rather Goofy......:lmao:

2) That & awhile earlier as I was passing AT&T park, I smelled the sweet buttery smell of.......

some 'wacky weed."........"mary-jane".......etc::yes::

Ah.....only in San Fran.;)

Now, after a bit when I was waiting at corner of Buch & Grant,
I was approached by a SFFOODS.COM vendor rep who apoligzed to me but said in essence that I was the only one to sign up for this tour and that it was canceled due to low occupancy.:sad2:

Ok......I will admit that I understood but I will also admit that I wasn't happy at all over this. I have been tolerant of 'all things' while on this adventure since yes - YOU WILL RUN INTO A LOT OF 'EVERYTHING' AND YOU HAVE TO BE TOLERANT AND PATIENT - but this issue was wearing me down and I just "Wasn't feeling it.':headache:

He sensed this and gave me a verbal to go on WALKING to Northpoint and have a pizza and wine on them at IMHO a quant place called -

Cinecitta Ristorante & Bar:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 - located at North Beach/Telegraph Hill :
(approx 4 miles is what I walked tonight 'live' and not really knowing where I was going....RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!):upsidedow

There was a very nice young lady behind the counter from Rome who really helped me with directions back to Holiday Inn (being new to any city and walking everywhere and literally doing the directions LIVE can be very duanting and yes.....I was feeling run down and upset by now) but she helped me get back the energy I was craving for to get back that smile -

THANK YOU - YOU WERE KIND.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So yeeessssss, the Italian wine did go a long way while there in calming down my extreme disappointment in having this tour canceled but hey.....just wait until I get back home to the Holiday INN!!:crazy2:

**FYI - their pizza is just FAB!! ** YYUUMM!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 **

:scared:** THE DISTASTER CONTINUES **:crazy2:

T.T.F.N.

With feelings of being on the Titanic & its 2am on April 12th, I opened the door to my room (#1316) at the Holiday Inn and there on the ground in my room was a note from someone (NO I AM NOT BLAMING HER) stating that our luggage pickup will be at a certain time tommorow but then........

I see that shuttle will be at 9am? (the specific time is written down on that card and yes I know what it is but for sake of this TR, its the time conflict that I am stressing here!!:headache:)......

since.......
for a THIRD TIME now what I am being told by the YMTVACATIONS.COM call center COMPLETLY conflicts with what the tour is doing!!:headache::headache::headache:

and the end result is that it winds up with me looking rather stupid in the eyes of the tour Director of bus #18!!:sick:

Yes, I agree - I too am getting just:sick: over this as well!!:headache::headache:

WHY U ASK????:confused: & :mad:

Because I was assured by YMT's call center reps that IS WAS OK TO HAVE A 10AM SPA TREATMENT AT -

Royal Thai Spa: Thai massage in San Francisco:love:

AND THAT FURTHERMORE, they also told me to be back at the hotel approx by 1:30pm for an approx 2pm departure back to the airport!!:woohoo:

BUT.........
what about 'that index card' that was slipped under my door last night??:headache:

OH.....I can tell today is going to be very nasty:mad: as I have made my concerns KNOWN back to YMT's 1-800 phone number overnight .........
and today is supposed to be a FUN DAY with me seeing Muirr Woods & Sausalito!!:cloud9:

*** ALL DAY ****

Ah but just when you thought all of this stupidity would end.....it gets even more FUN!!:confused::furious:

Now, I just checked my emails & see that Royal Thai just emailed me wanting to know that I am confirming my appointment with them!!:headache:
(I was under the impression that it was already confirmed)

ANYWHO -
I tell ya what YMT Vacations, I am sooooo DANG (No this is a DISney website & I will not use 'fowl' language) disgusted with you:furious:

that I feel that I have no choice now but to cancel this much anticipated spa retreat and unfortunately now await to see what these "Children of Grace" have to say in attempting now to back pedal behaviorally /verbally while trying in their efforts in "SERVICE RECOVERY.":furious:

I sense that the blame is at the feet of YMT's Call Center and I would appreciate it that my appointment with Royal stands as is as well as an apoligy from YMT (whether they feel they erred or not) -

But again, I feel at this point, I have to cancel now my appointment with Royal - which is really bringing out great feelings of hurt and disappointment from me as I am trying my best to put forth a smile today and proceed onto Muirr Woods -:hug:

(a COPY OF THIS HAS NOW BEEN EMAILED ON OVER TO ROYAL THAI EXPLAINING MY SIDE OF THE STORY as well as YMT facebook page)

* YMT VACATIONS - YOU SCREWED UP - MAKE IT RIGHT - FIX THIS PLEASE *

Ok.....so where will all this take me???

Seriosuly, I don't know -

All I do know is I need one H of a :hug: from all of you.......
a lot of popcorn:: & pixiedust:

as I am sincerely not happy.:mad:

T.T.F.N.
&
T.B.C.

From an group email I just sent
(I also facebooked YMT as well)

emailroyalthaispa@yahoo.com, GUESTSERVICE@YMTVACATIONS.COM

Sent: Mon 1/06/14 7:47 AM
To: Samantha Young (samantha.young@ymtvacations.com); royalthaispa@yahoo.com (royalthaispa@yahoo.com); GUESTSERVICE@YMTVACATIONS.COM (guestservice@ymtvacations.com)

Samantha AT ymt vACATIONS & royal thai spa / & ALL-

** ROYAL THAI SPA ***

PLEASE CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT LISTED BELOW AS WE NOW AWAIT TO SEE WHAT YMT VACATIONS WILL DO IN REGARDS TO THEM SCREWING UP WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A VERY BLISSFUL TIME FOR ME VISITING YOUR BUSINESS FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL OVER THIS AND HOPE THIS SAD SITUATION WILL GET RESOLVED TO MY SATISIFACTION AS i WILL BE OUT ALL DAY ON A YMT VACATION TOUR AT SAUSALITO AND MUIRR WOODS AS I HOPE THERE WILL BE A NOTE UNDER MY HOTEL DOOR THIS EVENING WHEN I GET BACK STATING NO WORRIES AND THAT TO PLEASE PROCEED ONTO ROYAL THAI AND STILL ENJOY YOUR SPA THATS LISTED BELOW BUT AGAIN AT THIS TIME ROYAL THAI, I FEEL PUSHED VERY HARD BY YMT INTO HAVING TO CANCEL THIS - OBVIOSULY NOW AWAITING ON WHAT YMT IS NOW GOING TO SAY KINDLY BACK TO ME AS I FEEL THEIR CALL CENTER SCREWED UP.

KRIS

I am not having a nice time at all via my vacation through your company ymt & I need this issue resolved. I am asking that I still be allowed per your Call Center to go through with my 10am appointment with royal Thia -

Dear Kris Newton,
Thank you for reserving:
Date
Tuesday, January 07, 2014
10:15 AM

Service
10:15 am, Thai Foot Reflexology 30 min

Service
10:45 am, Traditional Thai Massage 90 min

Please confirm your reservation
Confirm Appointment

Royal Thai Spa

why you ask??

this is written from my travel blog - I need a kind rely please as I am feeling forced by your comany to cancel this appointment....sit out at the freakin aiport on departure day for 8 hours???? what gives?????

so I would heavily appreciate it for you to please GET ON THE PHONE WITH ROYAL THIA, APOLIGZE TO THEM AND THEN REBOOK THIS FOR ME ON MY BEHALF AND IF YOUR COMPNAY TRUELY GAVE A FLIP ABOUT ITS VALUED GUESTS, OFFER ME AN APOLIGY, ETC.

I AM NOT HAPPY - FIX THIS PLEASE!!

KRIS

** WHeN LIFE GIVE YOU LEMONS.... **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With feelings of being on the Titanic & its 2am on April 12th, I opened the door to my room (#1316) at the Holiday Inn and there on the ground in my room was a note from someone (NO I AM NOT BLAMING HER) stating that our luggage pickup will be at a certain time tommorow but then........etc...

WISH ME LUCK EVERYONE - PLEASE -:worried:

P.S. what's going to be interesting about the last 3 postings of so is to see which individual involved in this farce is going to dare attempt to defend their position and or company when in fact, a simple "we apoligize and will make this right' is sufficient as we should & ought to then ALL MOVE FORWARD.

ANYWHO -
Now.....onto Muirr Woods!
:thumbsup2 & :goodvibes

(and I mean those tress are H-U-G-E!!) = WOWZERS!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.

DAY 9:goodvibes
Sunny SKies w/high temp of 61 degrees -

....and by the way, there IS a restaurant in the Grapevine, Texas area called "Love and War' - great place for chicken fried steak. YYUUMM!!:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

Everythng from earlier above postings got worked out and YYEESS!!:cloud9:
** I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER **as we all moved forward and onto the day's activities at hand.
Me?
I am in the Hotel hospitality industry and I work hard but also play hard and to have a spa retreat on departure days during my adventures just really sends me off into a nice frame of mind while heading back into my home country -

;)** REALITY LAND **:rotfl:

and it sure was a very relaxing and enjoyable time spent by me out at Muirr Woods -

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

GOOFY TIP OF THE DAY -
While at Muirr Woods, take the green trail and you will have hardly anyone on the trail.:cool1:
I did that & I tell ya, it was soooooo peacefull seeing those Coastal Redwoods.:goodvibes

Pic of me at Muir Woods:

and while at Susalito - was fun having a milkshake at an area restaurant, etc

but b 4 hand, we stopped off at a Thia restaurant for some excellent Thia food - YUM!!
(just me & )

Soon, we were back on to Pier 39 and had a total balst watching the Sea Lions

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK W/YOU MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Aftrerwards, we made a quick stop over at the harbor House for a small nightcap before our farewell dinner -

(spiced apple cider with Caribbean rum = YUM!! )

But before hand, we made a stop on over at Pier 39 area and grabbed a pretty nice looking .......
chocolate crepe -
(never have one before... = YUM!!)

and hey , can't forget about our Farewell dinner!!

UP NEXT -
Saying our goodbyes on what has turned out to be one incredible adventure -

***THANK YOU YMT VACATIONS **:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

&
Cheers Y'all

Or as I call it -
Day 10 -:crazy2:
Sunny skies again w/high of 60 degrees
(hey it beats the high today in DFW!! - LOL)

yes, today is the day that I have to go back to my home country (REALITY-LAND;)) , but what better way to send me off than a spa retreat -
(and to get out of my system the 1 1/4 bottles of wine I drank last night at the farewell dinner AND the 1/2 bottle of wine I drank back at the hotel) -:drinking:

Since my flight dooesn't leave until 6:30pm today, I thought it would be fun to stay up the night before and nibble on 7.....yes I said 7 pieces of cookies from Ms. Fields cookies I bought the night b4 after the farewell dinner while out and about at Pier 39.
(2 of which are fudge = YUM!!)

that & a full bottle of wine I have in my fridge from these past few days....:woohoo:

But about last nights dinner-
which I say it was pretty cool since I chose to have the steak. = YUM!!:goodvibes

ANYWHO -
Last night was
was such a treat for me cuz as you know, come january 10th, I am back to my normal intake of food and drink -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That & yes, I WILL be picking up my bicycle in about a week.:woohoo:

FYI - to those of you who are kind enuf to follow me on my next adventure (which also includes losing approx "x" amount of weight I gained while on this adventure, follow me on my next blog, "My Adventures n England & Scotland" you see listed in my below listed signature.

As yes, you will see me weigh in in about another week.

ANYWHO -
So......my plans for today are to have a nice but light (to be nice to the spa therapist) breaskfast followed by a light walking towards Royal Thai location (was told by Holiday Inn reps that its located inside the Mariott Hotel close by our hotel).:cloud9:

&
Cheers Y'all

Day 10:wave2:
Continued

Looking forward to my flight back home into DFW as I will be watching a History Channell dvd about the Golden Gate bridge followed by a DISneyland Christmas parade dvd, etc as a way to look back a little on what has turned out to be one very nice and fun filled adventure via YMT Vacations....
(my new portable dvd player got shiped ok from Amazon.com to Holiday Inn Wharf w/no issues)

......while at the same time looking forward onto my next adventure - (after London /Scotland in August) -

:goodvibes** DISNEYLAND & CATALINA ISLAND **:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

The day started with a vengance as the alarm going off waaayyyy to early!! Hmmmm..mental note - I didn't wanna go home - I was having too much fun!!:goodvibes

But.....all good things must come to a close which allows new adventures to spring open - so off I boogied on downstairs to get me some much needed "Lumberjack special" down at our hotels' Denny's Restaurant.

After the pancakes hit the spot and woke me up, it was time to head slowly off to www.sfroyalthaispa.com and into the arms of an Angel - Ms. Nadia.:littleangel:

(the room where they work their magic on ya) - :goodvibes

She is very tiny in stature but I tell ya, she had me in every which Lotus position imaginable!!

She kept on asking me, "You Stretch-ee??"
to which I replied, "MORE STRETCH-EE PLEASE.":thumbsup2

Too funny but WOW!! She even WALKED on my back!! - I have never in my life have been stretched and pulled in every which different direction......
She has very strong hands and will work you over in nothing flat - request her if ya get the opportunity.

Her technique?? EXCELLENT!!
AND IT FELT NICE - LOVED IT!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
** IMHO, A MUST DO WHILE VISITING SAN FRAN **

Gonna go back for more cuz I am thinking there will be a next time here in San Fran w/a stop over in Napa/ Sonoma. Still looking at what I had said earlier about this but tho I am looking at other areas - like a Woodsy / outdoorsy kind of an adventure. - So keep yer eyes peeled on my below listed signature as you will see another Blog / trip report pop up there in about another 180 days or so.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

Soon, Nadia told me "That's it, you want tea or water?" I opted for water and relaxed even more in the waiting room a bit. I felt like warm rubber but I knew I needed to meander on over to Ghiradelli Square

for a bit and grab me a "Sea-Cliff."
yyuumm!!!

and why not? Lets' have a brownie to go!!;)

And off I went
again back on over to Pier 39 for a bit before ........

DUM-DE-DUM DUM!!!

DUM-DE-DUM-DUm DAAAAAAA!!!!!:scared1:

It's now time for me to head to SFO and back into "Reality-land.":eek:

UP NEXT:

One Last look at my incredible adventure & what's up next for Yours Truely -:scratchin

&
Cheers Y'all

Well, this Trip report has been a labor of love as I have just recently put approx 50 pics & videos up on her (just within pages 10,11 & 12) as I am almost done with her and ready to move on to the next chapter in my adventures -
LONDON & SCOTLAND.popcorn::

This Trip has been a total blast - inneracted w/ a lot of fun people (including Roberta & Fran, etc:goodvibes) -

Now time for the "Good, Bad & Ugly" report about this adventure.

UP NEXT:
FINAL THOUGHTS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS &....
....DID I EVER FIND MY CHICKEN-WAFFLE??popcorn::

&
Cheers Y'all

(pic of Golden Gate Bridge by night):goodvibes

Well........Ladybug & I stepped on the weight scale this evening & ..........
I am thinking this would be a nice way to kick off the following in reghards to "the Good, bad & Ugly" about this adventure.

**** THE GOOD ****

1) Ladybug needs to GAIN 3 lbs!! :goodvibes
SERIOUSLY....she is now at 23.4 lbs (from 34.6) & I feel that she should be at approx. 25 to 26 lb range so I am out to change that
and of course, she just luvs this!!;)

2) The Rose Bowl parade, Rose Bowl game, RR Library, Rose Bowl float barn, NYE celebrations in Pasadena, Monterrey & of course EVERYTHING THERE IS TO SEE AND DO IN SAN FRANCISCO.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
and of course - 17 mile road = luved it.

What I liked best about this adventure was the food and the atmosphere of the approaching new year via the game & the parade.:goodvibes

Now...... for
THE BAD

1) How shall I say this kindly - the 2nd hotel that we stayed at. IMO, there was approx. 1/3 of the total number of the people from bus #18 - (we had 29 total motorcoaches used on this vacation w/1,400 people in attendance) - who made various negative remarks about that hotel ('The Seacrest Oceanfront Hotel" located in Pismo beach) due to for example -

a) the surrounding area is extremely and poorly lit up at night & IMHO, is one incredible safety hazard anytime after dusk.

b) after getting lost trying to find a restaurant nearby for some clams, the front hotel desk's customer service is shall we say, very poor in the least.:headache:

c) The interior of the hotel rooms look like someone was really trying recently to renovate and redecorate the place and well......you see a mis-mash of things in the rooms that are trying to cover up a very dated 1980's looking hotel room (last time IMHO it was renovated) with 1990s dated things with this hotel being approx. 60 yrs old.

and

2) Really didn't like literally living out of an suitcase the last 3-4 days of this adventure as from Pasadena to San Fran just felt rushed to me; thus leaving me feeling (and others) exhausted and wishing for more time to see things (Like Hearst Castle, etc). Don't misunderstand, fun was had by all - just felt rushed 1/3 of the way through.

3) DON'T DEVIATE WHILE ON THIS ADVENTURE!!
EX - While in Sausalito, a few Guests didn't wanna wait for the 3:45pm ferry back to the pier and just left within 20 minutes from landing there.....not realizing that they wud have to pay themselves to get off the ferry once they get back to dry land.:upsidedow

Well -
this threw Justine off as she had to deal with this, etc......so lessons learned.....please please please.....keep you deviations down to a minimum and if you do, please make it very clear to your tour Director what u r doing should you decide to deviate away from the group.:goodvibes

4) I GAINED 11 POUNDS!! :rolleyes1
Hmmm.....I picked up my bicycle yesterday.........will post pics of her on my London / Scotland trip report in a few days........

So.....
** LEAN CUSINE HERE WE COME!! **:cool2:

So, I have set the bar at 15 pound weight loss........:goodvibes
Ladybug is gonna get ticked when she sees me headin' out the door with my bicycle and she's not goin' (i know I know....but her sense of respectin' cars is something less than desirable hence I need to leave her at home).:goodvibes

ANYWHO -
No "UGLY" to report as I feel overall and all the way around, that this vacation did indeed turn into an adventure (even when I got lost trying to find Northpoint from Chinatown):goodvibes
as yes......YMT Vacations ROCKS!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Very glad I went on this - hope this trip report helps to anyone of you who wanna go on this vacation and or wants to lose weight.:goodvibes

I am now off to venture on over to my London /Scotland trip report.

CYA on over there as I tell more there where I will be December 2015 in regards to my vacation adventures.:goodvibes

&
Cheers Y'all

I'll come back and read it all when you've finished but just on the rough outlines you're posting, it seems like you had an incredible trip.

I'm envious. They didn't allow photography in the WDFM when I was there. I guess I'll have to make a trip back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!