My Dad died yesterday after battling cancer for 4 years...

Just wondering how you are doing, and thinking of everyone in this thread.:goodvibes

Yesterday was another 'rough' day. The funeral home delivered my Dad's ashes to my Mom. I arrived at her house just after they left. She was crying, which started me and DD crying. I know this will take a long time for all of us. DD spent the day with my Mom yesterday. They were going to make cookies and go through things in the house. I went to visit friends for the day. And I cried there too. DD spent the night at Mom's. I'm sitting here catching up on emails and DIS and drinking coffee. I will go over to Mom's in a little bit and take her to the grocery store, etc. She lives an hour away and cannot drive. Dad always took care of her and everything else. Now it is up to me. DH and I (and Mom) have decided to move her closer to us so I/we can take care of her. She's only 62, but like I said she doesn't drive, and there are no grocery stores within walking distance for her. And there's no one out where she lives to keep her company. She'd be all by herself. I think she will enjoy being closer to her Granddaughter too. Again, thank you, all of you, for your thoughtfulness and compassion. The DIS has always been a great source of happiness and fun for me, and all of us I think, but it also has been wonderful support for us too. There are a great group of people on here that really support each other.
This afternoon I plan on coming home and getting out our suitcases and start some packing for our trip. We leave Thursday morning. Again, bitter sweet emotions, but we're looking forward to it.

I hope you have a REALLY good trip.. It will be bittersweet, but hoping you have some smiles in there too...

So sorry for your loss op. prayers you have a wonderful trip.

To all of you who have posted of losses. Prayers. Each story hit my heart. I pray you all find healing & find comfort in warm memories of your loved ones, and home.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, brings back memories when my dad past away many years ago, and i hope you are all coping well. as it does takes time.
I hope you all have a great trip, as i am sure this is what your Dad would have wanted, for you all to be happy and enjoying yourselves as life is to short to be sitting about depressed.

I have told all my friends and family when i go[which hopefully will not be for a while yet] that they can be sad for a few days but when everything [funeral]is over, i want them to get on with their lives and enjoy it, and smile when they think of me
i know there will be hard days, but thinking of the good times you had will hopefully help you all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter