• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disneytrip maybe this may.

mslangen

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

This is my first post at this forum. My name is Marcel and I'm living in the Netherlands (Europe). Almost all my free time I spend at a themepark if possible. Sometimes I go to themeparks with friends who also like visit the parks. Other times I will visit parks at my own.
Actually I don't have any problem visiting themeparks just by my self. Its great to have the freedom to do exactly what you want to do at that moment. If I want to go up early and go to a park I can do that. If I like to ride a rollercoaster ten times at once I can do it.
Visiting with others is also nice. You don't have the freedom like when you are solo, but you can share your experiences and discuss several things about the park and the attractions and how they are compared to a same type attraction at another park. This is of course when I visit parks with other themepark enthausiasts.

I'v visit Walt Disney World two times. In 2000 and 2001. For me Walt Disney World is the number one themepark location in the World. This doesn't mean that the best themepark of the world is inside Disneyworld, but that you have four different Disney themeparks at one location.

Now I'm planning to go two more times to WDW. One time will be with a friend of mine, the second trip will be a solo trip (almost for sure). Its almost sure that the first trip will be early may for about two weeks. We will be staying on site at an all star resort.
I will buy an annual pass. The second trip will be oktober or november, or maybe early february. The second trip becouse of the fact that Mission Space won't be open this may I think.

While planning I have some ideas to do at WDW when I will be there solo. All things I didn't before. This includes: Visiting the Boardwalk and drinking a beer at the brewpub overthere. Visiting the new Animal Kingdom Lodge and eating dinner at the Boma Buffet (I love to eat at a buffet, because you can choose what you eat and how much). Visiting other resorts like Fort Wilderniss and the Camp fire there.
What I absolutely not want to do when I'm solo is join a character meal. Eating solo isn't be a problem for me, also at a sit down restaurant, but I won't pay the money for the characters, since I can see them in the parks as wel.

Since I surfed into this forum I'v read many posts. There is much information about going solo to Walt Disney World. Thank you all for the information I allready found at this board.
Hope that it isn't a problem to post questions when I'v them.

Bye,

Marcel.

Hi Marcel! Welcome to the DIS, I'm very glad you decided to join us.

Ask all the questions you want, if we don't know the answer we can help you find it.

We have a Transatlantic chat every Sunday at 7PM gmt. We have some Brits that join us then and I hope you will too. Lots of Disney expertise in chat.

I hope you will visit us often.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter