My first post!

Well, hello! I'm going to piggyback on your first post with my first ever post. I've been lurking for years myself!

Welcome! :welcome:
This is a huge Board with lots of different & interesting topics. Don't be afraid to jump in on a thread that interests you :-)

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Our next trip is up in August. Reading the DIS helps with the wait :)

Hi newbies,
I’m a newbie to the forum as well.
I’ve been to Disney as a child and once with kids but not for a while.....
I have three kids and plan t9 go next month. Yippeee!
I’m going to check out the threads for all the info!

Hi newbies,
I’m a newbie to the forum as well.
I’ve been to Disney as a child and once with kids but not for a while.....
I have three kids and plan t9 go next month. Yippeee!
I’m going to check out the threads for all the info!
Have a great trip!

Awesome! You going to Walt Disney World or Disneyland?

I agree, the boards and content from the DIS team help keep the magic alive.

DW, DS, and myself are headed to World. It seems so far out, but we have to make dinner reservations next month. Thus, planning has commenced :)

We've done Disneyland the last couple of years because we're West Coasters. It will be good to be back in Orlando again so we can compare.

DW, DS, and myself are headed to World. It seems so far out, but we have to make dinner reservations next month. Thus, planning has commenced :)

We've done Disneyland the last couple of years because we're West Coasters. It will be good to be back in Orlando again so we can compare.

I have never been to Disneyland but I have heard how different the plannning process is. DH and I are hoping to go to Disneyland for the first time in December as we are from the East Coast.

Hope you enjoy the planning and your trip!

I have never been to Disneyland but I have heard how different the plannning process is. DH and I are hoping to go to Disneyland for the first time in December as we are from the East Coast.

Hope you enjoy the planning and your trip!

Enjoy!
We've done DL for Thanksgiving the past two years, and it's a lot of fun. Definitely get park hopper, being able to easily walk between parks is amazing. Last year, we park hopped 3 times in one day. "Oh, look, the lines are shorter over in California Adventure... let's just walk over".

If it's your first trip, don't be afraid to check out non-Disney hotels. They are just as close, and a fraction of the price. There's much less magic, IMO, staying in a Disney resort at DL vs World. If I had to quantify it, I'm certain there isn't "hundreds of dollars per night" more magic at the resorts :)

:disrocks:

Has been my source of information. Been around for a while, but recently changed username. :welcome:

Enjoy!
We've done DL for Thanksgiving the past two years, and it's a lot of fun. Definitely get park hopper, being able to easily walk between parks is amazing. Last year, we park hopped 3 times in one day. "Oh, look, the lines are shorter over in California Adventure... let's just walk over".

If it's your first trip, don't be afraid to check out non-Disney hotels. They are just as close, and a fraction of the price. There's much less magic, IMO, staying in a Disney resort at DL vs World. If I had to quantify it, I'm certain there isn't "hundreds of dollars per night" more magic at the resorts :)

That sounds like a lot of fun! I am looking forward to how close and walkable everything is. I have been debating the whole on-site/off-site in my head. I have only stayed at ASMo or Pop in WDW so seeing the prices for Paradise Pier made my head spin. Thanks for all the tips!

If you don’t get an ADR you and your family want, checking the app pays off. Especially since people cancel reservations during their trips. I was able to 1900 Park Fare (dinner), Chef Mickey’s (brunch) and Be Our Guest (twice: breakfast and lunch) a couple days/the day before during my last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!