My first trip as an Annual Passholder - Plans for Jan 2018

Euby

DIS Veteran
I finally broke down and got an Annual Pass (via AAA). My first trip using it will be this January (2018). I'll be going solo again. I went in April for my birthday this past year and really enjoyed it, but the trip was packed from morning to night. I did all of the desert parties possible, two character breakfasts, and an after-hours safari. My actual birthday just happened to be an Extra Morning Magic event. So I was at the Magic Kingdom from 6:15am until closing around 9pm. It was one of those trips.

This trip in January, I want to do something different. I'm planning on less time getting up early and fewer scheduled events. I'm going to do a Disney After Hours and just one character breakfast. I've pared down my original plans and feel pretty secure with these.

Day 1
Arrive at MCO @ 7:30pm
Take DME to Boardwalk Inn - Check-in (first time here)
Validate my Annual Pass at International Gateway Guest Relations (if still open)
Grab a late bite
Maybe have a drink at the Bellevue Lounge

Day 2
Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club)
11am - Ink & Paint Animation seminar (EPCOT)
Lunch – Quick Service somewhere
MAGIC KINGDOM
3pm – Festival of Fantasy Parade
Afternoon FP+ for Haunted Mansion, Small World, and Pirates
Dinner – Capt Cooks at the Polynesian
Electrical Water Pageant (missed it on my last trip)

Day 3
EPCOT (Rides Day)
FP+ for Living with the Land
Lunch – Chefs de France
FP+ for Frozen and Imagination (I know imagination is a waste of FP, but gotta use them up before I can try to get on Frozen again)
Dinner – Quick Service somewhere

Day 4
Morning/Afternoon @ Disney Springs
Early Dinner @ Trail’s End (Ft Wilderness Campground)
MAGIC KINGDOM
FP+ for Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder
Happily Ever After Fireworks
Disney After Hours

Day 5
EPCOT (International Festival of the Arts Day)
FP+ (if not already done on Day 3) for The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Frozen
Lunch – Snacking at Festival Booths
Dinner – Tutto Italia (Italy)
FP+ for Meet Disney Pals

Day 6
MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch – The Plaza Restaurant (Main Street)
FP+ for Under the Sea, Mickey’s Philharmagic, and Enchanted Tales with Belle
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Late Dinner – 50’s Prime Time Café

Day 7
ANIMAL KINGDOM
FP+ for Finding Nemo Musical
Lunch – Satu’li Canteen or other Quick Service
FP+ for Na’vi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safaris
Tree of Life Awakenings

Day 8
Fly Home

This trip I’m trying a few things that I haven’t done before: The Boardwalk Inn, Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast, Capt. Cook’s, Electrical Water Pageant, Chefs de France, Trails End, Happily Ever After, Disney After Hours, Festival of the Arts, Tutto Italia, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Finding Nemo, and Pandora area. Depending on how things are during the Disney After Hours, I may not do Day 6 at the Magic Kingdom. My plans are pretty fluid. What do my fellow DISers think?

Day 3
EPCOT (Rides Day)
FP+ for Living with the Land
Lunch – Chefs de France
FP+ for Frozen and Imagination (I know imagination is a waste of FP, but gotta use them up before I can try to get on Frozen again)
Dinner – Quick Service somewhere

Day 4
Morning/Afternoon @ Disney Springs
Early Dinner @ Trail’s End (Ft Wilderness Campground)
MAGIC KINGDOM
FP+ for Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder
Happily Ever After Fireworks
Disney After Hours

Day 5
EPCOT (International Festival of the Arts Day)
FP+ (if not already done on Day 3) for The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Frozen
Lunch – Snacking at Festival Booths
Dinner – Tutto Italia (Italy)
FP+ for Meet Disney Pals

Day 6
MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch – The Plaza Restaurant (Main Street)
FP+ for Under the Sea, Mickey’s Philharmagic, and Enchanted Tales with Belle
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Late Dinner – 50’s Prime Time Café

Less than 30 days until the trip and I'm still rearranging things...

Day 3 at EPCOT - Cancelled my lunch reservations @ Chefs de France. The more I researched the menu, the less I liked the offerings. May do a QS or try to find a last-minute TS reservation on the day of.

Day 4 at Magic Kingdom - Cancelled my early dinner at Trail's End and replaced it with an early dinner at Skipper Canteen (first time)

Day 5 at EPCOT - Thinking of having breakfast in France. Moved my FP+ for Disney Pals earlier in the day.

Day 6 at Magic Kingdom - Changed FP+ from Mickey's Philharmagic to POTC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter