My fort/disney plans , yea or na?

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Ok , so here are my plans as of now. I revised , looked at crowd calendars, consulted a sooth sayer and asked a jinn. But i feel im misding something? ( probably the extention of eemh). How does it look to you all? Disney is a fun place as i remember from my last visit 15 years ago but now its like planning a wedding.

Oct 28th drive from nj/ hotel at night
Oct 29th arrive in afternoon set up
Oct 30 Hollywood Studios at 6 am stay till kid passes out. Hopefully i make the firework/light show.

Oct 31 halloween at the fort , trick or treats for the kido and activites, pumkin carving, looking at campsites, decorating ours, golf cart parade etc. My dad is coming up for this, and a got a golf cart so he can take his grand daughter around.

Nov 1 sleep in , do the Halloween party at 4, hopefully get some rides in , want to do the parade, fireworks and the villian? Show

Nov 2 , rest , do the hoop de do review dinner hit the pools , chillax!

Nov 3 Magic kingdom RD at 9 am
Nov 4 epcott RD at 9 am
Nov 5 MK , RD 9 am have be our guest at 6 pm
Nov 6 rest at the fort!
Nov 7 animal kingdom, RD 9 am
Nov 8 extra day , let DD decide what to do
Nov 9 pack up and leave , hotel at night
Nov 10th hopefully get home and unpack.
What say you all? I figure we can hwad back to the fort in the afternoons , rest pool etc, then go back for fireworks etc if we want to. My daughter never has been before and i hope to get a lot of stuff in. I do relize that the hours might change to earlier, if so we will go with the flow.

IMO three rope drop days in a row is tough. You can be there but I don't know how long you'll be staying on the 2nd and 3rd day. Or how fresh you will feel.

And you have 3 days in MK but I realize one is the MNSS on Halloween Eve which I would think would be crowded.

Bama Ed

The kido gets up at the butt crack of dawn , so i figured ill be up anyway, want to or not! Hope to get most stuff done by 3pm then back to the fort till 630 7 ish , then back to the parks. Who knows. I know lots cramed in , probably will not happen. Lol and in between i plan on cooking dinner and breakfast....... ill bring extra coffee.....

I LOVED you plans until you hit those 3 RDs in a row... then i mistook you for my wife! LOL
I would definitely expect someone to poop out before that 3rd RD night approaches (probably one of the adults) but i wouldn't let that detract me. IMO, the greatest time saver for rides is RD. IF you want to get in as many rides with as little wait as possible, then RD is the way to go!

We no longer RD to close but we still RD... till one of us poops out (usually me)...

I LOVED you plans until you hit those 3 RDs in a row... then i mistook you for my wife! LOL
I would definitely expect someone to poop out before that 3rd RD night approaches (probably one of the adults) but i wouldn't let that detract me. IMO, the greatest time saver for rides is RD. IF you want to get in as many rides with as little wait as possible, then RD is the way to go!

We no longer RD to close but we still RD... till one of us poops out (usually me)...
Don't forget to stop by the porch and rocking chairs at 7:30 am when possible for a cup of "joe" to start the day. I hope to be in the first chair watching the sun rise and will make room. I will even spring for the coffee. You will need it to make it through your busy schedule.

Ill probably cave half way through the week and sleep in some, to be honest it depends how my daughter is. If shes all about the parks , then i cant dissapoint. If she says dad lets relax a bit, then im down for that also. Only time will tell. And thanks all for rhe advice. Im thinking we can maybe skip a mk rope drop day , as we should be ok riding most stuff with fp.

When we were young (A long time ago in a galaxy far far away) we could do rope drop to closing every night. Go for it!

You are my hero. Even when I was young no way. We rope drop but it’s a miracle I see any fireworks ever.

Don’t know if this is true every Halloween but last year some of the Fort Halloween events were on the 30th if I remember correctly. They’ll have the info on events on the monthly handout sheet when you arrive. Have fun!

Yes , i saw that they do stuff the day before. Unfortunately, after 2 days of driving the kido will want to see a park! And , we planned on MK for that day untill they changed the hours. Now it looks like i should take advantage of the HS 6 am opening, as we get the 3 extra EMH. Not what i wanted , but seams the best way to do it. Hope i get the toy story stuff as FP. Originally i had HS later in the week so i could get the FP. ......now its up to karma!

Nice Plans! October looks like a great time to be there! I like seeing the relaxing days at the Fort thrown into your list. We have done 3-4 consecutive park days and have managed to get through and find that it makes you appreciate the Fort Day even more. I see that you will be at MK for two of the three in a row. Often we will take the boat back for a break at the campsite in the mid afternoon and then head back over to MK for dinner if we have ressies.When we are selecting our fastpasses we always try to choose the ones we want the most as early in the day as we can. Occasionally we will leave the park earlier than we planned if it gets too hot or we are feeling a bit rundown and will skip our last fastpass. If we skip a fastpass that wasn't high on the list it doesn't feel so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!