My FP+ Plans - What do you think?

SilentK

Mouseketeer
I've been playing with FP plans today, there are 2 adults (DH and I) and our little boy will be 18 months. We've got 2 days in MK, DHS, EPCOT and 1 day in AK planned. What do you think of these?

It feels a bit alien to me as a lot of these I wouldn't FP because you don't need to but neither of us are that fussed about the big rides on our own. If we do Test Track or Everest we'll go single rider. As a side note, can we use rider switch if we queue in the single rider line? I'm also wondering if it's worth using a FP on Aerosmith as there is a single rider line there too but not sure what else we'd use it on.

I've no idea if little one will sit and watch the shows either and slightly (irrationally) concerned he might jump in on Jungle Cruise! Hoping to use FP up in the morning and then grab more through the day.

AK
Flight of Passage (just FP for me then use rider switch for DH to ride)
Na'vi River (FP for DH then rider switch for me to ride)
Kilimanjaro Safari
Meet the characters

EPCOT Day 1
Frozen
Figment
Character Spot

EPCOT day 2
Soarin (it'll only be me riding)
Mission Space (only DH riding)
Spaceship Earth

DHS
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior Live
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

DHS Day 2
Aerosmith
Tower of Terror (Just DH on this)
Star Tours (book FP for me and rider switch for DH to ride)
Torn between Frozen singalong and Muppetvision

MK
Peter Pan
Pooh
Haunted Mansion

MK Day 2
Seven Dwarfs (just for me)
one of the Mountains (book for DH and use rider switch for me)
Jungle Cruise
Meet Mickey

Looks good to me, you've got the busy rides covered!

Interesting about getting 1 FP and doing baby swap, I don't know if that is a thing, but a great idea that I might nab in the future!

Overall, it looks like a good plan. Just a couple thoughts. I don't think they offer rider swap on Na'vi because it's a family ride with no height restrictions. Also, since you want to do your FP in morning keep in mind that frozen ever after fast passes can't be scheduled until 11am even though the ride opens at 9.

It can't hurt to get a fast pass for Aerosmith since you don't need the slot for anything else. Even the single rider line can get long especially if it has had a few malfunctions that day.

Also, if pandora is important to you have a backup plan. Many people are having problems getting a FOP fastpass for the beginning of your trip. You may be ok since you only need one but try to book that one first and be prepared to change to one of the last days of need be.

Definitely try and schedule AK for the latest day of your trip - FOP is a pain to get, although obviously one FP is the easiest number to get :)

18MO might freak at HM though - DD was not a fan at 15 months and needed distracting with a toy.

I've been playing with FP plans today, there are 2 adults (DH and I) and our little boy will be 18 months. We've got 2 days in MK, DHS, EPCOT and 1 day in AK planned. What do you think of these?

It feels a bit alien to me as a lot of these I wouldn't FP because you don't need to but neither of us are that fussed about the big rides on our own. If we do Test Track or Everest we'll go single rider. As a side note, can we use rider switch if we queue in the single rider line? I'm also wondering if it's worth using a FP on Aerosmith as there is a single rider line there too but not sure what else we'd use it on.

I've no idea if little one will sit and watch the shows either and slightly (irrationally) concerned he might jump in on Jungle Cruise! Hoping to use FP up in the morning and then grab more through the day.

AK
Kilimanjaro Safari
Meet the characters

EPCOT Day 1
Frozen
Figment
Character Spot

EPCOT day 2
Spaceship Earth

DHS
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior Live

DHS Day 2
Aerosmith

MK
Peter Pan
Pooh
Haunted Mansion

MK Day 2
Jungle Cruise
Meet Mickey
Sounds like a good plan.

DD and DS are 30 and 28 respectively so I have no experience of baby swap at all but wonder how it would work with just one FP as only the person with the FP would be able to swipe their band to enter the ride queue area. The person with the baby (and no FP) wouldn't be able to enter or am I missing something? Flight of Passage is amazing and as others have said the Na'vi River is suitable for all. As both Na'vi River and Flight of Passage are Tier 1 it wouldn't be possible to hold FP for both on the same day. If you have to choose go for Flight of Passage. We managed to pick up Na'vi River FPs while we were there last month.

I read on one of the other boards that it was possible to do that with FP and baby swap (after last night I'm hoping they'll let me swap him for one that sleeps!) but now I'm wondering too as Tony says you'd have to scan your band. Although that said if for example I'd queued stand by and got a rider switch card, the second rider would still enter through FP line rather than queue again I think? Hmm, just thinking out loud.

I didn't realise that Na'vi had no height restriction, might change my plans a bit.

Flortlebap I may rethink HM then. Just hope the characters don't scare him

I read on one of the other boards that it was possible to do that with FP and baby swap (after last night I'm hoping they'll let me swap him for one that sleeps!) but now I'm wondering too as Tony says you'd have to scan your band. Although that said if for example I'd queued stand by and got a rider switch card, the second rider would still enter through FP line rather than queue again I think? Hmm, just thinking out loud.

I didn't realise that Na'vi had no height restriction, might change my plans a bit.

Flortlebap I may rethink HM then. Just hope the characters don't scare him

My recollection of baby swap in the stand by line is that you both queue with child/children and when you reach the head of the queue the first person rides while the second person waits in a designated area. When the first person gets off the second person then rides while the first person then sits in the area with the child/ren. May well have changed in recent years - everything else has! :rotfl2:

Mrs TT

AK
Kilimanjaro Safari
Meet the characters

EPCOT Day 1
Frozen
Figment
Character Spot

EPCOT day 2
Spaceship Earth

DHS
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior Live

DHS Day 2
Aerosmith

MK
Peter Pan
Pooh
Haunted Mansion

MK Day 2
Jungle Cruise
Meet Mickey
Looks good SilentK, I didn't know you could do the child swap with fast pass.
When are you going? I'm out in December so would be interested to know if it works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!