My husband will be home in a few days!!

jpmom97

DIS Veteran
After 16 long months my husband will be home!! I could never have made it through this deployment w/o the help of the disboards. Everyone is wonderful! My husband will be coming home to 2 wonderful children who have changed so much and a baby on the way who was made on R&R!
I know to all the ladies who's husbands are newly deployed that there seems to be no end to the pain and misery you are feeling but there is! I am proof!

That is spectacular news!!!!!! :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: You must just be beside yourself! :banana:

In 12 months I will be saying the same thing! 6 months down, 12 to go!

Alice, my DH was supposed to be gone for 18 but it is only 16 months, so maybe yours won't be gone as long either.

That would be good, but I am not going to plan on it...what did your DH do and where was he located? My DH is a Cav Scout and just got to Camp Anaconda last weekend. I guess his main job will be to inspect and patrol the Iraqi workers that come on base to do certain jobs...they will also participate in convoys. He said leave rotation is going to start in April, and that if he wants he can be one of the first ones home, and for 3 weeks instead of 2 since he is missing the birth of our daughter (in 10 days!!). But then I think, "Ugh...then it's all the longer til we see him again!!!"

Another soldier coming home safe and sound is music to my ears! :goodvibes
You must be so relieved and happy!! Pls thank him for me for his sacrifices!

Alice 28, :grouphug:
Best wishes on your upcoming birth :cloud9: !! Glad your DH is ok!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

You must be so happy!! I am so glad your husband is coming home. Please tell him thank you for all he has done. We are waiting for DD's boyfriend to come home for his R & R in May.

Enjoy your time together!!! Good luck with the new baby. Please keep us posted as to how his homecoming is!!

Alice28 said:
That would be good, but I am not going to plan on it...what did your DH do and where was he located? My DH is a Cav Scout and just got to Camp Anaconda last weekend. I guess his main job will be to inspect and patrol the Iraqi workers that come on base to do certain jobs...they will also participate in convoys. He said leave rotation is going to start in April, and that if he wants he can be one of the first ones home, and for 3 weeks instead of 2 since he is missing the birth of our daughter (in 10 days!!). But then I think, "Ugh...then it's all the longer til we see him again!!!"

I don't know where Anaconda is. I will ask Dh when he calls tomorrow. My husband is a SSG supply. He told me once he got back into the states he did convoys. He never said a word while there though. He is now in Wisconsin and will be back in PA on Wed. My husband left us in Dec 03 got into Iraq in last Feb and didn't take leave until Novemeber which was nice even though I hadn't seen him for almost a year. It made the time once he left here until the time he got back to the states go much faster. I am so sorry your DH is missing the birth of your baby! Ipray he comes home safe and soon!

Great News! :banana: :banana: :banana: Sooo glad that he is returning safe and sound :Pinkbounc I continue to pray for peace so that all the soldiers will come home soon!My husband may be deployed this summer-Navy Seebee-Reserves-His unit is up for activation after April-I can only pray that as peace continues to spread that no other soldiers will have to be deployed-but understand why he and others may be needed-But hearing that your Husband is returning is such great news :bounce: :goodvibes IS that a TAG :earseek:-Iv'e been caught-Yippy :love:

I really really hate to do this, but I am there should be no mention of operating bases and locations on a public forum like this... it is a breech of security. OPSEC for these guys/gals is paramount.

YAY! on your hubby coming home safe!!! :banana:

Alice, my hubby is a cavscout too!!!! He's in Korea right now though, where are you guys permanently stationed?

6 months down 12 more to go.... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

casndan said:
YAY! on your hubby coming home safe!!! :banana:

Alice, my hubby is a cavscout too!!!! He's in Korea right now though, where are you guys permanently stationed?

6 months down 12 more to go.... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

He's with the Nat'l Guard, so this was sort of a surprise to be called up for this length of time (18+ months).

I don't think I violated any security by saying where he is---Anaconda can be looked up by ANYONE by doing a google or looking at a current Iraqi military map or reading a newspaper- it's a huge airforce base where about 18,000 military folks are- it's not like I gave out directions of his fox hole or next important task or anything. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter