My Idea of a Disney Podcast..

Funkyk

Earning My Ears
I was recently listening to Inside the Magic and Ricky Bergante (the host for those who don't know.) said he has no time to READ books but he has LISTENED to an podcast-audibook of a disney book. So what i wish to do is this:

Make a Podcast in the form of:

* A discussion of the book
* A discussion of the Author
* What i thought of the book
* A chapter reading and a discussion of the chapter.

Now the thing is I don't know if i should do this as the Book i really want to start with is Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers and I don't know if I can do this without the Authors permission.

:confused3

So any ideas?

Copyright Issues:

Using Written Content Created By Someone Else: Permission Is Generally Required.As a general rule, if you incorporate text that has been written by someone else into your podcast-text that appears either on a blog, in a book, a journal, magazine or newspaper (or wherever)-you will need the express and specific permission of the person who owns copyright in that material (note that sometimes the copyright owner is different to the original writer).

Written works do not have to be full of flourish and artistic merit, like novels and poetry, to qualify for copyright protection. Textual works only need have minimal creativity to attract copyright protection; so, most textual works that are committed to paper (or computer), including those that lack literary merit such as, for example, institutional reports, newspaper articles and unimaginative blog postings, are likely to be protected by copyright.

There is no firm "rule" about how much of a work you may or may not copy to avoid infringement concerns. For example, it does not matter if you read the entire piece aloud without changing it or if you change it a lot and simply base your podcast loosely on the text-you cannot avoid copyright issues by, for example, changing the work by, say, 10% or 20%. Once you use the work, either in verbatim or altered format, you implicate copyright law.

Consequently, you need to think about copyright issues before you incorporate any of these materials into your podcast. In general, this means that you need to identify the copyright owner and ask them for permission to include their material in your podcast. You can often identify who the copyright owner is by checking for a copyright notice (usually in the form “© [year] [name]”) or you can ask the person who made the work available for the information. For works created in the United States, you can also search the US Copyright Office's register available at http://www.copyright.gov/records/. For more information about investigating the copyright status of a work, check out the US Copyright Office's Circular 22. (http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ22.htm).

I love your idea, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter