My mother passed away yesterday

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I had posted before that she had lung cancer, she passed away yesterday in her home.
The hospice nurse had told my brother that she had really taken a down turn at night and recommended that he call us to come over. We all made it in time, and were able to say our good-byes before she passed away at 11:30 am.
We all have been caring for her since February, she did not need care per se in the beginning but we all just decided at least one of us should be with her every day.
Now even though we know that her suffering is over, it just feel so empty, and I feel lost without her being here.

:hug: I lost my mother two years ago and my dad this past March. I wish I could say that the emptiness will go away, but it doesn't really. You will get to a point though where you are not as sad though. My thoughts are with you.....

I'm so sorry. I lost my mom 3 years ago and miss her every day.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom... Please know that we are here for you if you need to talk and have peace knowing that you and your family did the very best to make her comfortable....

I am sorry about your mother. May you take comfort in the memories you have of her.

The days do get softer but you never forget.

Sorry for your loss, you will learn to live with the pain. I lost my Dh to lung cancer 5yrs ago this Wed.

Please accept my deepest sympathy and empathy. As I have mentioned many times, my DM was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer on February 24, 2006. God has blessed us with extra time with her and she is still hanging in there - to the surprise of all her doctors. BUT, I still mourn every day and never have it off my mind. My mother is my bestfriend. I totally understand your loss . . . :hug:

I am so sorry.

I lost my mom on June 10, 2005. It never goes away, but through grief counseling and the help of a supportive husband, it does get better.

:grouphug: Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of your family at this difficult time. The pain from day to day will vary, and there will be good days and bad, just do what feels right to you at that time.

I lost my mom 10 months ago to small cell lung cancer and I know what you are going through. I understand the empty heart feeling. You are in my prayers.

I'm sorry for your loss and as others say, I can understand how you feel. I lost my mother in 2002. You WILL start to feel better in time. Allow yourself to mourn.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter