My PreCruise Weight Loss Journal (Comments and Motivation Welcome!)

Hollywood Glitter

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!:welcome:

I'm getting ready to take my first cruise :boat: and I want to look good.:thumbsup2

According to my Days Until app on my phone I have 101 days until boarding and that should be more than enough time to make a change.

Now I'm going to tell you all something that not many people know.:sad2: This is hard but you know what life isn't always easy.:guilty: Know I now you are wondering what is she talking about? Well I'm about to tell you how much I weigh. I know .... but I think I have to. How do I expect to change if I can't be held accountable? I need to face reality and reality is I'm overweight. Not just overweight but obese. I am ... wait for it ... 274 lbs.:scared1:

Woo that was hard and kind of freeing. Keep in mind as I type this I still haven't hit the submit button.:confused: But you know what it's ok because this is the last time I will see that number and be unhappy.:cool1:

Ok so what is the plan you ask .. well the next 11 days will be my start up time. Starting tomorrow mainly because it is 11:30 at night now I will begin my daily treadmill workouts. Why treadmill? Well I recently left work due to a work injury and literally cannot lift any weights. Doctors orders! I even have to wear those yucky arm, wrist, hand supports (not sure what there called but they don't seem to help at all... even after 8 months). So right now walking and hopefully move into running or at least jogging.

Warm Up Week (Days 1-5)
3 miles a day min.

Warm Up Week (Days 6-10)
4 miles a day min.

Everyday I'll post a workout update and at my 90 days I'll post a weight update:scared1: ... again still a little scary.

I welcome any encouragement and comments you have to offer and would love to have you join me if you are in the same boat. :yay:

Ok so last night I went to bed all pumped and then about an hour later I so didn't want to workout in the morning :sad2::confused3 ... but I didn't let it win. :thumbsup2

I walked 3.06 miles today and burned 640 calories :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Now wouldn't you know it as I was working out on the treadmill Oprah was having her Food 101 show. I see the signs!!! LOL

Haha wouldn't you know it's me again.:rotfl: Well today I didn't want to work out .. no sir ... in fact I waited till almost the end of the day until I got my but out the door and into the gym but once I got there it was ok :yay:... Isn't that so weird. :confused3 The hardest part about working out is not actually the working out but the getting off your butt and getting to the gym. LOL .. you know what I don't even hasve to drive to the gym we have a 24 hour one right here at my apt complex.... How LAZY am I? But I did it.:cheer2:

I really luv this smiley :yay: It looks like he is just doing jumping jacks non-stop

I walked 3.01 miles today and burned 622 calories :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

So I rocked it last night. I owned the treadmill. So proud!!! 3 days so far so good.

I walked 3.00 miles today and burned 639 calories.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Ok so I was all good until I got on the treadmill then forget it.:headache:

I walked 1.03 miles today and burned 230 calories :cheer2:

Only 1 cheer because I only did 1 mile ... :sad2:

Rest ... no treadmill today but I did walk around the appt comples for a little bit and lounged in the pool for a while. Preparing for Day 6. I think I'm going to bumb it up to 4 miles a day for now.:yay::yay::yay:

Remember, every day you exercise give yourself credit. You could have chosen to sit on your butt but you DIDN'T!! Kudos!! Now just keep it up!

Ok so I call thsi 85% success becasue I wasn't able to pull out hte 4 miles but I was able to pull out 3 miles ... attempt a 8 minute latin dance video from Excercise TV and did a quick walk.

I weighed myself and have already lost 2 lbs. :woohoo:

I think the hardest thing for me is definately the motivation, but I know I can do it.:yay:

I just checked my numbers and I was wron I actually did 3.33 on the treadmill. WooHoo

I walked 3.33 miles today and burned 652 calories :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter