My very first Pre-trip/Trip report....Arriving June 17

Iluvshoes531

Mouseketeer
Hi all ! I have been a lurker of trip reports for some time. I have gotten so much valuable information from them that I thought I would start a report of my own! A little about us: My name is Laura(44) and I am mom two adult children (Mimi to two grandchildren) and Mommy to a seven year old boy. My DH is Chris(42) and DS Carson (7). The older kids and grandkids are not coming this time...I have told them the grandkids need to be at least 5 before Mimi and Poppy fork out tons of money to take all of them. For a long time I have been Disney obsessed, however last year my son wanted to go to Universal. Lets just say he was hooked. We stayed at Cabana Bay and purchased Express passess. It was so much fun...and now he says that Disney is for babies and does not want to go back. ( Little does he know Mommy and Daddy have different plans and the three of us are headed to Disney in March 2019) We go to Florida about two times per year. We live in Delaware but my MIL lives about 30minutes away from Disney so we usually visit her for a few days then head to theme parks for a week. Last year we did 4 days in the parks (Volcano Bay was not open yet) and honestly felt like we did not have enough time.

I am so looking forward to staying 7 nights this time. We actually arrive in Florida on June 15 and then on June 17 will be having dinner at Ohana in Disney to celebrate Father's Day...then off to check in to the Hard Rock Hotel. I have only changed my reservations for this trip 3 times....lol. I often check room rates and advantages to each hotel. I am super excited to stay at the Hard Rock and to be such a short walk to the parks and Citywalk. My husband and I are looking forward to the much more relaxed pace of Universal and since I am a planner (i mean spreadsheet, the whole 9) It is so weird for me not to have to do that for this trip. WE Loved that we could go in the parks for some time and then walk out and go to any restaurant on Citywalk for lunch with little or no wait. When we do Disney I have every sit down meal planned 6 months in advance!!

I'm here! You will LOVE HRH! We have made it our Orlando "home." And the relaxing nature of a Universal vacation is addictive. We still love Disney, but we spend most of our Orlando vacations in Universal!

Hi sounds like a great trip! We love HRH it's a great atmosphere. I feel like I never have enough time at Universal. I am right behind you arriving on June 28th and can't wait!

Getting Super excited for our trip. I had to basically drag my husband to the store to get new shorts and swim trunks. We started dieting a few months ago and we have both lost two pant sizes! Of course I bought myself new clothes right away to celebrate, I noticed my husband had his pants all cinched up with a belt this weekend....I was like buddy you are getting new shorts before we leave. I told him he needed a new swimsuit too....we were not going to be that family at Volcano Bay ...... i could only imagine his trunks being too big and he would get to the bottom of the slide and lose them.. :rolleyes: So mission accomplished and we got all new stuff for him and for my son too. 17 days we will be arriving in Orlando!!

Soo....I just check the Costco Rental care page....and i was able to lower my cost of my rental car!! I ALWAYS use Costco to book my rental cars , I have found them to be the cheapest by far and I also earn money back on my membership! So....I got an intermediate SUV for 9 days for 234.00 (total cost)! If you are a Costco member I suggest always checking out their page. I reserve one and then keep checking back. You can cancel at any time and book a new reservation. They do not charge you until you pick up the car and the second driver of the car is always free with Costco!

Getting Super excited for our trip. I had to basically drag my husband to the store to get new shorts and swim trunks. We started dieting a few months ago and we have both lost two pant sizes! Of course I bought myself new clothes right away to celebrate, I noticed my husband had his pants all cinched up with a belt this weekend....I was like buddy you are getting new shorts before we leave. I told him he needed a new swimsuit too....we were not going to be that family at Volcano Bay ...... i could only imagine his trunks being too big and he would get to the bottom of the slide and lose them.. :rolleyes: So mission accomplished and we got all new stuff for him and for my son too. 17 days we will be arriving in Orlando!!

Soo....I just check the Costco Rental care page....and i was able to lower my cost of my rental car!! I ALWAYS use Costco to book my rental cars , I have found them to be the cheapest by far and I also earn money back on my membership! So....I got an intermediate SUV for 9 days for 234.00 (total cost)! If you are a Costco member I suggest always checking out their page. I reserve one and then keep checking back. You can cancel at any time and book a new reservation. They do not charge you until you pick up the car and the second driver of the car is always free with Costco!

Congrats on the joint weight loss!! That is quite an achievement.........

That is a fabulous price for a rental car!

It’s getting so close..........

Our shopping day is today! Two weeks til check in for us, staying a week at Hard Rock as well!

Good morning Everyone!!! My trip is getting so close. We leave in 11 days for Orlando .. Woo hoo!! Today I played my favorite game on the Costco Travel website....see if I can get my rental car any cheaper. Well I hit the jackpot...Today's deal with Alamo was a standard size car for 9 days for a grand total including taxes of........ $188.02!! Can you believe it? I think this is the cheapest I have ever gotten a rental car. I will keep playing the game till we leave but I am not sure how I will get a better deal...

Good morning Everyone!!! My trip is getting so close. We leave in 11 days for Orlando .. Woo hoo!! Today I played my favorite game on the Costco Travel website....see if I can get my rental car any cheaper. Well I hit the jackpot...Today's deal with Alamo was a standard size car for 9 days for a grand total including taxes of........ $188.02!! Can you believe it? I think this is the cheapest I have ever gotten a rental car. I will keep playing the game till we leave but I am not sure how I will get a better deal...

Fabulous price for car rental!!!! I am very jealous......lol...…..

11 days will fly past...…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!