My way of coping

ninety-seven

Mouseketeer
This has been a very strange week.

I've posted about my feelings at Bawb's passing, and being the burley guy that I am, I've had some trouble expressing those feelings.

I think what gets me most is that I couldn't figure out why his death effected me. I've NEVER mourned the passing of someone who I didn't really know.

I am the type of person who writes to figure things out. I wrote a blog post about what I think the difference is here and why I am so sad over someone I don't REALLY know.

So, if you'd like to read it, here it is. I don't want to post it all because it is a little long.

http://treadheavily.com/blog/2008/05/01/disney-loses-a-wonderful-fan/

p.s. There are no ads on my blog or anything, so I'm not just looking for the traffic.

I'm popping this back to the top, it's a wonderful post ninety-seven!
:hug:

That was a wonderful blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and grief. It certainly helped me deal with mine.

Ninety-seven, thanks for the blog. I think a lot of us were a bit surprised at the deep emotions we felt when we heard about Bob's unexpected death.

Having an internet community like this one is a new experience for most of us. Even among discussion forums, this one seems like a much closer-knit group - lots of personal stories, inside jokes, and real care for each other. So, the grief for a great man we may never have met in person is also a new experience.

For me, I'm realizing that connections really can be made with people we don't meet in person, and that means feelings of happiness, joy, and belonging as well as (unfortunately) grief, heartache, and sadness.

The DIS Unplugged board is where I can come to laugh and cry with people who understand. I'm grateful for that.

Thank you- that perfectly explains what I couldn't.

I wanted to tell people what had happened, but just didn't know what to say. I woud start to tell someone about Bob passing on, but figured I would hear something like "I'm sorry... um, who is this man, again?" So I didn't.

Thanks for the tribute. As someone who has to talk or write out my thoughts to gain clarity, I understand your process. Again, thanks. Nicely written.

I had to explain to my DH why I came away from the compter crying early this week. I think you summed it up beautifully.

Thanks so much for posting the link to your blog. It has been a sad week made even sadder by the fact that I have wanted to tell people at work and in my everyday life about Bob and his sudden death. The few people I started to explain it to that first day looked at me like I was insane. I quickly realized that this was a grief I was not going to be able to share with anyone other than DISers. People just can't imgaine how you could love a man as if he was your uncle when you have never actually met him.

Your blog was a comfort to me. Thanks for sharing.

Your blog was very well put. I 've been having such a hard time trying to figure out why I feel as sad as I do. Thank you for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter