My wife is not sure if she wants to go in December

imlsherman

Mouseketeer
So my wife is not sure if she wants to go to the world this December. Let me explain. Since we have become DVC members we have been going once in july and then again in december. I work in the school system so we always have to travel at peak times in December and the crowds are crazy. We love going in the summer when it is not that crowded and you can use the pools december is great to see the decorations and to just be in disney. I know that i want to go and i m sure my two little princess 5 and 3 will want to go too. Please help me plan a different kind of trip this time to encourage my wife. In the summer time we go to the parks in the morning and then back to the pool in the afternoon and if we feel like it we go back to a park. In december we are usually at the parks all day. what are some of the family things that you all have done. thanks for all the help.

If you like looking at decorations instead of staying in parks all day get there at rope drop to ride what rides you can. You could go back to resort relax in afternoon and then go visit a resort to look at decorations and eat. Then schedule your FP+ for the evening. With crowds that busy you definately need a break to get out of the madness for a while. They do sleigh rides at fort wilderness. Also we tried eating at off time and riding rides when everyone was eating. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If you like looking at decorations instead of staying in parks all day get there at rope drop to ride what rides you can. You could go back to resort relax in afternoon and then go visit a resort to look at decorations and eat. Then schedule your FP+ for the evening. With crowds that busy you definately need a break to get out of the madness for a while. They do sleigh rides at fort wilderness. Also we tried eating at off time and riding rides when everyone was eating. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks I did not know about the sleigh rides that sound like fun.

So my wife is not sure if she wants to go to the world this December. Let me explain. Since we have become DVC members we have been going once in july and then again in december. I work in the school system so we always have to travel at peak times in December and the crowds are crazy. We love going in the summer when it is not that crowded and you can use the pools december is great to see the decorations and to just be in disney. I know that i want to go and i m sure my two little princess 5 and 3 will want to go too. Please help me plan a different kind of trip this time to encourage my wife. In the summer time we go to the parks in the morning and then back to the pool in the afternoon and if we feel like it we go back to a park. In december we are usually at the parks all day. what are some of the family things that you all have done. thanks for all the help.

I was just talking about this yesterday.

I have no idea why people go on and on about the crowds at Christmas. If you own DVC, you don't have to run around the parks and get everything in so I just treat Christmas/NYE trips as simply taking in the energy - the crowds. I personally love it.

So many activities. First, unless it's frigid (which I have encountered) your children will still want to swim. Kids do. I do. :rotfl2: Plus, your girls will just love the simple things anyway. Being that age.

Where are you staying? (If you have it booked.)

Because AKV is a great choice for the # of activities for everyone. Night goggles for animal viewing - don't need to stay there for that.

So many options:

*time at Fort Wilderness - tons of activities at the middle outpost. Plus, your children are so young that just the boats and playgrounds and the beach are fabulous. There are sleigh rides - do Hoop Dee Doo - rent a golf cart for one day - see the Christmas displays by the campers

*WL - sleigh rides - walking the nature paths - girls would love the geyser

*if you're staying at BLT - cabana rental - boats to Fort Wilderness and WL - Santa visits the Contemporary and he's so magical that he visits the others too, LAUGHING - fireworks from BLT lounge

*see all the resorts - Christmas Eve/Christmas Day there are cookies and lemonade given out - you doesn't love a cookie?

*on the BW - rent the bikes - take in the nightly entertainment

*character meals

*have the girls sit for the Christmas stories around World Showcase

*have the kids in one of those kid clubs and go out with our wife for a nice evening - maybe even plan Victoria and Alberts or something that suits you

*treat the vacation like a go with the flow kind of day - whatever you do for fun at home - Disney is great for simply hanging out

I have more but I'll refrain. :goodvibes ;)

In fact, I feel like it's totally underrated as a place to simply *be* and hang out.

Sorry- not much to add but I have to say definitely on the Wilderness Sleigh Rides and I hear the cabins there are fun to go see- all the vacationers are over the top with decorations. Let the girls decorate your door too.

Maybe just take the time to check out the other resorts with all the decorations and see what each have going on in their community centers- there are always fun crafts for the kids to do.

Also, I hear there are great boat rentals to watch the Epcot and MK fireworks from the water. Even though you have two girls I hear there is a really fun Pirate boat ride.

We love to resort hop and soak up all the beauty of the decorations and the resort itself. I think your little ones would love the huge icons at the All Star, Pop Century and Art of Animation resorts. :goodvibes Good luck! :thumbsup2

We did the Ft. Wilderness Sleigh ride last year and the kids loved seeing the decorations at the camp ground. The people go all out. Then we had dinner at Trail's End. The Swan and Dolphin are also beautifully decorated and Santa arrives every evening.

We did the Ft. Wilderness Sleigh ride last year and the kids loved seeing the decorations at the camp ground. The people go all out. Then we had dinner at Trail's End. The Swan and Dolphin are also beautifully decorated and Santa arrives every evening.

Totally agree about a resort centered trip. Use the $ you save on tickets to suggest a splurge for her at a spa, Victoria & Alberts, plan a christmas gift shopping spree at DTD...tennis lessons, Archery lessons at FW, plan a scavenger hunt

Maybe offer to plan the whole thing and see if that changes her mind :)

We also just did a resort centered trip in October, and we liked it more than when we just went and hung out at the parks. We went shopping at DTD and at the nearby outlets, did the campfire sing a long at fort wilderness and dinner at trail's end, watched the electric water pageant from the beach at Poly, and got ice cream at BC. There's also miniature golf, boat rentals, and all sorts of stuff we wanted to do, but didn't get to. If you're wife likes shopping there are really good designer stores like Tory Burch and Burberry at the outlets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter