Names on deed

DisneyDee81

Earning My Ears
About to purchase my first resale DVC contract, paying cash. My husband doesn’t care if his name is on the deed. Is there any perks/advantage to him to have his name on the deed?

Do you live in a community property state?are you spending funds from a commingled source?

The main perk is that he’s get his own membership card, but that doesn’t mean much with a resale contract these days. Apart from that, you should consider the financial and estate aspects of owning in either or both of your names.

It is much easier now and doesn't cost anything more to have his name put on the deed, it will cost you money later if you guys decide to put him on later. If it was me I would put him on it.

Is his name on your house, your car, put him on the DVC deed.

:earsboy: Bill

If his name is on the card, he is also a member. If your contract (direct vs resale) gives you member benefits, you likely want his name on the contract. You don't have to be there for him to save in the shops, on events that allow guests you can each bring in 3-5 guests, rather than he counting as one of your guests. If your contract does not give you member benefits, it likely matters less.

About to purchase my first resale DVC contract, paying cash. My husband doesn’t care if his name is on the deed. Is there any perks/advantage to him to have his name on the deed?
I'd include his name unless you have a specific reason not to.

I have a similar question. I am 56 and thinking of buying a DVC through resale. Can I put both of my children's names on so when I die they will continue with it?

I have a similar question. I am 56 and thinking of buying a DVC through resale. Can I put both of my children's names on so when I die they will continue with it?
Yes, but this is not the only way to leave a DVC to your children, and doing it this way has specific implications for their ability to use points now, book trips, and also it is considered an asset for them in financial and marital situations. I would speak to a qualified estate attorney to determine the best way to handle this.

Kids are a bit of a different case and scenario than a spouse. There is no reason NOT to put a spouse on the deed, and many reasons to absolutely do so. Kids are more complex and have different legal implications.

Yes, but this is not the only way to leave a DVC to your children, and doing it this way has specific implications for their ability to use points now, book trips, and also it is considered an asset for them in financial and marital situations. I would speak to a qualified estate attorney to determine the best way to handle this.

Kids are a bit of a different case and scenario than a spouse. There is no reason NOT to put a spouse on the deed, and many reasons to absolutely do so. Kids are more complex and have different legal implications.

Thanks

There is no reason NOT to put a spouse on the deed, and many reasons to absolutely do so.
I have to disagree. It will depend on the specific laws in the state where you live, but there may be reasons to to have only one spouse on the deed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter