Narcoosee's Review

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
It has been many years since we've eaten here and I thought it would be nice to try it again from such a long absence. We used to love this place and then they changed chefs and went downhill. But, I"ve heard good things lately so we decided to check back.

We ate there last night. It was just myself and dd who is almost 8. She has become a Disney dining pro these days :rotfl: --

Our server was very nice and very friendly. The atmosphere was very relaxing and beautiful, amazing views of MK and the lagoon.

I ordered a mixed greens salad and salmon. Unfortunately I wish I could say it was great but honestly the salad was good, just small (in comparison to other Disney restaurants of this caliber). The salmon was overcooked and somewhat dry. It was tastey though, but I was somewhat disappointed. I didn't ask for another one because I was afraid they'd undercook it and I'm just not into the sushi thing.

Having had the salmon at AP, Jiko and FF, it didn't compare to the salmon I've had at these restaurants. And, it was probably the most expensive out of all of them.

DD had the Mickey Mac n Cheese and enjoyed it. Of course, that's pretty basic at the Dis restaurants. She did get the kid's caesar salad which was substituted with ranch dressing on the side. She didn't care for it because there were no "crunchy" leaves. They were pretty wilted. FF has a great kid's salad with romaine (and it's "crunchy").

So, I think I would give it one more try and order something else. The lobster looked great and it should be for $54. The salmon was a steep $34. I wouldn't mind paying that if it was really good. I think the cut was just not the quality I'm used to :confused3 (spoiled with is more like it). Even Tusker House's salmon is much better (and quite a deal!!)

Thanks for review. I have this booked just because I want to get the surf n turf. I had thought of changing it to Cali Grill though. I think I will look for more reviews of this restaurant as you would think a restaurant specializing in seafood would do the best salmon!!

glad to read your review - we'll be eating there in september - looking forward to that lobster! :woohoo:

Funny thing is the lobster used to be our favorite thing there (and one of the only Dis restaurants that serves it). It was always good, maybe I should have just "gone for that" instead. As I said it looked good, make sure to get back to us on how it tastes!! :thumbsup2 ...maybe next time! :thumbsup2

Thanks for your review. I'm a salmon lover too so your review was interesting.

Thanks for the review. We are planning to dine here in Sept. Do you know if you have a good view of WISHES from the dining room? We are trying to decide if we should stay and watch WISHES there or plan to go into MK.

TIA!

Vicki

I love the view of Wishes from the deck at Narcoossees. I think I like it even better than the view from Cali Grill, actually. The way the light reflects of the water, the beautiful breeze, the music.... It's very romantic.

I have to caution you to go to the deck tho, everybody goes to the deck & you won't be able to see from your table, even if you are at a window seat. Your server will probably tell you the same thing, they did us.

Can you get the Surf and Turf @ Narcoose's with the Dining plan ?? Or do you have to pay money in addition to your 2 TS credits.

Thanks so much Leota! Exactly what I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter