Natalie Holloway new info

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
Have you followed her disappearance?

I just heard some human bones have been discovered in Aruba and they are running tests to see if they are hers.

I just hope her poor parents can get some peace after all these years. I can't imagine not knowing FOR SURE if your child was alive or not.

There's a show coming up on Saturday night about it. I saw that her dad will be on the show. I don't know if her mom will be.

Does anyone know the statute of limitations for being involved of disposing of a body? If the man who provided the lead will be in legal trouble for coming forward?

I was just reading about that, too.

Van der Sloot (?sp) is serving time in prison in another country for a different murder. He'll be there until 2038 I think it was. At that time he'll be extradited to the U.S. for trying to extort $25K from Mrs. Holloway in exchange for his telling her where Natalee's body was buried.

I guess an old roommate of Van der Sloot's best friend came forward with the information of where to find the body. (I don't think he'll be in trouble, but idk.) I hope it's hers so her parents can finally have some answers. We'll have to see.

Van der Sloot had a relationship from prison, was married there, and had a baby girl. His wife says he's a great guy and that she can't wait till he gets out of prison so they can enjoy their family together. :sad2:

I thought at the time (and still do) that she made some very poor choices. She was about my age, and she put herself at risk. Just makes me angry she was that stupid. Her parents sent her on that trip to begin with, and I don't understand that. The whole set up was courting disaster. And the media coverage made me angry too; the only reason that made the headlines was that she was a pretty blonde rich American. But that guy is scum, and I'm glad he got some kind of prison sentence.

I agree, I hope it is her remains and that the family finds closure. I don't think anyone really thinks she is out there still alive but never knowing would be worse.

I thought at the time (and still do) that she made some very poor choices. She was about my age, and she put herself at risk. Just makes me angry she was that stupid. Her parents sent her on that trip to begin with, and I don't understand that. The whole set up was courting disaster. And the media coverage made me angry too; the only reason that made the headlines was that she was a pretty blonde rich American. But that guy is scum, and I'm glad he got some kind of prison sentence.

I agree, I hope it is her remains and that the family finds closure. I don't think anyone really thinks she is out there still alive but never knowing would be worse.
Wow---lots of victim blaming here.

Wow---lots of victim blaming here.

I'm not victim blaming at all. I believe he killed her or at least somehow contributed to her death and she didn't deserve that.

But she wasn't the helpless innocent that the media portrayed her as. I don't have much sympathy for the people who drown because they are out on a boat, drunk, without a life jacket, and I regard her actions as similar. She knew better. At that age, even my most sheltered friends knew better.

The whole case gave me the heebie jeebies to tell you the truth. The chaperones that denied responsibility. The friends who let her go off with the guy to begin with. The Aruba authorities and the way they handled the case. The media- especially Fox News- got some kind of sick glee from the whole thing, probably because they made a bloody fortune from ratings. Van Der Sloot and his supporters were revolting. Her parents were off- who writes tell all true crime novels about their own daughter's disappearance? I think if anything they made that investigation into a 3 ring circus and that probably muddied the waters even further.

Last edited:
Have you followed her disappearance?

I just heard some human bones have been discovered in Aruba and they are running tests to see if they are hers.

I just hope her poor parents can get some peace after all these years. I can't imagine not knowing FOR SURE if your child was alive or not.

There's a show coming up on Saturday night about it. I saw that her dad will be on the show. I don't know if her mom will be.

Does anyone know the statute of limitations for being involved of disposing of a body? If the man who provided the lead will be in legal trouble for coming forward?
From what I have read it wasn't the man who came forward that dumped the body. Supposed it was Van Der Sloot and his daddy that got rid of her body. The tipster was Van Der Sloot roommate. According to what I read the tipster said Van Der Sloot drugged Natalie and she chocked to death on her own vomit. Supposedly it was Natalie father who went about digging around the park where the bones were eventually found. Just a few blocks where her hotel was.

I hope it's her so her family can have some closure.

I'm not victim blaming at all. I believe he killed her or at least somehow contributed to her death and she didn't deserve that.

But she wasn't the helpless innocent that the media portrayed her as. I don't have much sympathy for the people who drown because they are out on a boat, drunk, without a life jacket, and I regard her actions as similar. She knew better. At that age, even my most sheltered friends knew better.

The whole case gave me the heebie jeebies to tell you the truth. The chaperones that denied responsibility. The friends who let her go off with the guy to begin with. The Aruba authorities and the way they handled the case. The media- especially Fox News- got some kind of sick glee from the whole thing, probably because they made a bloody fortune from ratings. Van Der Sloot and his supporters were revolting. Her parents were off- who writes tell all true crime novels about their own daughter's disappearance? I think if anything they made that investigation into a 3 ring circus and that probably muddied the waters even further.
It doesn't matter what she did prior to her murder. Unless she was killed in self-defense she WAS innocent.

Personally, I think a lot of the blame falls with the chaperones, these are 17/18 year old kids going to a country with apparently no alcohol age limits and they are just set free to roam around doing whatever they wanted to do with whoever they wanted to do it with. Yes, she knew right from wrong, but who knows what he could have put in her drink to put her into a state of being out of it.
If I remember correctly they didn't even know she was missing till they were going to the airport the next morning. Why were they not made to check in with chaperones hourly? I'm sure these parents had no idea when they sent their kids that they would be roaming free for days with little supervision. They should have been in groups of 10 at the very least, the whole situation could have been avoided had the chaperones been responsible for these kids as they were suppose to be instead of having a vacation off on their own........

God Bless these parents and I hope for their sake they can finally have some real answers.
Van der Sloot needs to rot in the depths of hell.

From what I have read it wasn't the man who came forward that dumped the body. Supposed it was Van Der Sloot and his daddy that got rid of her body. The tipster was Van Der Sloot roommate. According to what I read the tipster said Van Der Sloot drugged Natalie and she chocked to death on her own vomit. Supposedly it was Natalie father who went about digging around the park where the bones were eventually found. Just a few blocks where her hotel was.

I hope it's her so her family can have some closure.

I was reading people.com and they said:
"According to Natalee Holloway‘s father, a tip from a man who claims to have helped dispose of her body 12 years ago has led to the discovery of unidentified human remains behind a house in Aruba."

That's why I was asking about statute of limitations.

Personally, I think a lot of the blame falls with the chaperones, these are 17/18 year old kids going to a country with apparently no alcohol age limits and they are just set free to roam around doing whatever they wanted to do with whoever they wanted to do it with. Yes, she knew right from wrong, but who knows what he could have put in her drink to put her into a state of being out of it.
If I remember correctly they didn't even know she was missing till they were going to the airport the next morning. Why were they not made to check in with chaperones hourly? I'm sure these parents had no idea when they sent their kids that they would be roaming free for days with little supervision.

I know all schools are different. My own senior trip was to the Bahamas. our " chaperones" were celebrating their anniversary. We were a group of girls and we * maybe* saw our chaperones three times during the ten day trip. So when it came time for my DD to talk about a senior trip......nope!

Victim blame much?

I hope it is her so her family can know for sure.

Yes, yes you are. That's the equivalent of saying, "well, she shouldn't have dressed like that." Young people do stupid things. I think about the crap I did as a teen and feel fortunate to be alive. No matter how smart or stupid she was she didn't deserve to die.

Wow!! That is harsh. Remember, she was 18 years old. Lots of us have done stupid things at 18. You stated you are around her age, so that would now put you in late 20's to early 30's. You mean to tell me you've not done one stupid act in all that time? My guess is you have. That's part of growing up.

I guess I'm glad you want closure for her family, since you basically laid blame on them too for letting her go.

From the story that is circulating around this week (and I've read many as well as done some of my own research into the people involved, so I can't cite just one that holds all this information), Van der Sloot bought her a drink at a bar. The bartender was purportedly in cahoots with him as he told the bartender to "give it a good one" (or something to that effect), apparently meaning to put the date rape drug in her drink. Not sure if he doubled the dose or what but it was said that within a short time, she was "foaming at the mouth", Van der Sloot "panicked and didn't put her on her side" and she "choked on her own vomit" (or my guess would be an overdose of the drug could've killed her if she was foaming at the mouth, which indicates lack of breathing, as opposed to vomiting - an autopsy, if her body IS ever found, would hopefully clear that up). He supposedly then called his father, a judge who has since died, who helped him bury her body in a nearby park - the park in which they recently found a body and on which they are waiting for DNA testing results, expecte soon.

I guess my questions are, if this turns out to be true, what did she do wrong? She was celebrating her graduation, on a long awaited vacation on "One Happy Island", of drinking age, having a drink in a local, open bar, with a handsome young man. Should she have stayed every moment with her chaperones or friends? Who does that? (And doesn't this sort of thing, and much worse, go on regularly with the "hook up" culture of today?) The blaming should go on the people who did this to her - namely the bartender (who I hope will be charged if this turns out to be true) and Van der Sloot (who directed it). Additionally, any who knew what happened or took part in covering up the crime. Maybe they will give the roommate (of the best friend of Van der Sloot) immunity for coming forward and testifying, even if it's been a while.

As far as the media circus goes, well, its a double edged sword: that's who's kept Natalee's name out there for so long, I suppose. And the family must've agreed to whatever show is on this weekend where the "reveal" will supposedly occur. It does seem like the timing is a little strange, but then again, I've never been in their situation. I imagine if I was, I'd do just about anything to get answers, too.

From the story that is circulating around this week (and I've read many as well as done some of my own research into the people involved, so I can't cite just one that holds all this information), Van der Sloot bought her a drink at a bar. The bartender was purportedly in cahoots with him as he told the bartender to "give it a good one" (or something to that effect), apparently meaning to put the date rape drug in her drink. Not sure if he doubled the dose or what but it was said that within a short time, she was "foaming at the mouth", Van der Sloot "panicked and didn't put her on her side" and she "choked on her own vomit" (or my guess would be an overdose of the drug could've killed her if she was foaming at the mouth, which indicates lack of breathing, as opposed to vomiting - an autopsy, if her body IS ever found, would hopefully clear that up). He supposedly then called his father, a judge who has since died, who helped him bury her body in a nearby park - the park in which they recently found a body and on which they are waiting for DNA testing results, expecte soon.

I guess my questions are, if this turns out to be true, what did she do wrong? She was celebrating her graduation, on a long awaited vacation on "One Happy Island", of drinking age, having a drink in a local, open bar, with a handsome young man. Should she have stayed every moment with her chaperones or friends? Who does that? (And doesn't this sort of thing, and much worse, go on regularly with the "hook up" culture of today?) The blaming should go on the people who did this to her - namely the bartender (who I hope will be charged if this turns out to be true) and Van der Sloot (who directed it). Additionally, any who knew what happened or took part in covering up the crime. Maybe they will give the roommate (of the best friend of Van der Sloot) immunity for coming forward and testifying, even if it's been a while.

As far as the media circus goes, well, its a double edged sword: that's who's kept Natalee's name out there for so long, I suppose. And the family must've agreed to whatever show is on this weekend where the "reveal" will supposedly occur. It does seem like the timing is a little strange, but then again, I've never been in their situation. I imagine if I was, I'd do just about anything to get answers, too.

The purpose for chaperones was because they were thought to be too young to be traveling without them. Should they have been with them minute by minute?.... No of course not, but regular check ins should have been mandatory. Drinking age here was 21, don't know what drinking age there was and another reason chaperones should be watching....... Most definitely they should have stayed in groups together in a foreign country. Here, home in your backyard is a different thing all together, IMO there is no comparison in the 2.

Yes, the bartender deserves to be in jail along side Van der Sloot. Since its only bones that have been found and 11 years later, they will likely never know what killed her and he will probably never pay for his part in it.

You're young and some may think you're making a poor choice in commenting harshly on something you obviously are uninformed about. Did you even read an article before responding and condemning a young woman and her family for their choices? It's been said that he spiked her drink with GHB. Without knowing the full story and circumstances, it's easy to judge someone else, but compassion for others instead of condemnation is always the better way to go in my opinion. Hopefully, you will learn that as you mature. Unfortunately, Natalee will never get the chance to mature and learn from her choices.

And btw he got "some kind of prison sentence" because he killed another young woman.

She was about my age too. We had taken a very similar senior trip a few years prior to Cancun, where the drinking age is also 18. We had 2 chaperones for 50 people. They were not there to babysit us, they were there to assist in case we got into legal or medical trouble. One was actually an attorney. I saw them when we got to the hotel, and didn't see them again till we left. Thousands of US kids go on similar trips every year, I don't think they all have dumb parents for "courting disaster" by letting them go. 99.9999% of the time, the kids come back just fine. All 50 of us did.

I will say, I would NEVER have let one of my friends go to an off-site bar alone. I would not have left my worst enemy in an off-hotel bar alone. But the only people who bear responsibility here are the people who committed crimes against Natalie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter