Natalie Holloway new info

I understand your perspective, but it really is true that your perspective on a LOT really shifts when you become a parent. You really cannot say what you would "never" do with any accuracy because becoming a parent changes SO much of the way you think about things. Before you become a parent, you really cannot comprehend what you will even be facing as a parent, much less how you will react to that. Those who believe they have it all together, have all the answers, and know exactly what is coming are the ones in for the rudest awakening. I was one of them, so I speak from experience.
Very well said.

I can't deal with websleuths, but after a quick perusal of headlines, it does read to me as though someone is hoping to make money off the documentary. And I am not a lawyer, but if they recovered remains without law enforcement (in other words, tampered with a crime scene), don't know how they expect to make any charges stick. But I suspect that is no longer a primary motive anyway.

I can't deal with websleuths, but after a quick perusal of headlines, it does read to me as though someone is hoping to make money off the documentary. And I am not a lawyer, but if they recovered remains without law enforcement (in other words, tampered with a crime scene), don't know how they expect to make any charges stick. But I suspect that is no longer a primary motive anyway.
I honestly think they just want to know what happened to their child.

Many of us here are parents. We don't all agree on how to raise children. I totally disagree with the parenting style of some here & I know some disagree with my parenting style. We tend to raise our children similar to the way we were raised. You don't have to be a parent to know how your parents would have reacted to any situation. One opinion is as valid as another. Being a parent doesn't make anyone an expert on parenting. Some of the recent self-righteous replies here are rude to say the least.

Many of us here are parents. We don't all agree on how to raise children. I totally disagree with the parenting style of some here & I know some disagree with my parenting style. We tend to raise our children similar to the way we were raised. You don't have to be a parent to know how your parents would have reacted to any situation. One opinion is as valid as another. Being a parent doesn't make anyone an expert on parenting. Some of the recent self-righteous replies here are rude to say the least.

I agree. and thank you so much for this post.

I just think that there are no absolutes in life. You can *think* you know what you will do in any given situation but the truth is until you are actually in that situation you just don't know. It came out harsh from some but I think the point was we all thought there were things we'd never do as parents but found ourselves doing it.

I watched the first episode and I'm having a little bit of a hard time believing this story. Especially the part where they brought the remains of Natalee to a crematory. I know I have recently seen this scenario on a TV show. Then taking it to the beach, I'm not buying it. I want so badly for these people to have closure, but think they are being taken advantage of. I hope I'm wrong.

I suspect it was the burlap bag that was found and it contained DNA that is being tested

Natalee's remains were in the burlap bag that was taken to the crematory. This man is saying that there could be some DNA left where the remains and bag were buried. I don't believe they have the burlap bag.

Did they explain how they could just take a body to the crematory? Didn't anyone there ask questions? Don't you need some sort of certificate to cremate a body? :scratchin

Did they explain how they could just take a body to the crematory? Didn't anyone there ask questions? Don't you need some sort of certificate to cremate a body? :scratchin

It was this guy telling the story with no emotion and Mr Holloway nodding and staring at him blankly. He said Van Der Sloot knew the man at the crematory and it was done......... :sad1:

It was this guy telling the story with no emotion and Mr Holloway nodding and staring at him blankly. He said Van Der Sloot knew the man at the crematory and it was done......... :sad1:
From what little I saw, it sounded like there was a lot of corruption there, so not surprised. What a horrible situation. My heart went out to Natalie's poor dad. I hope her family gets some answers, somehow.

As for the earlier discusssion about parenting... My take on it is this. I think it's natural to say you would or wouldn't do something, and probably, a lot of the time, you might or might not, in fact, based on your own principals and values, experiences, etc. I think, on some level, we all do that. But then there are a lot of things that happen during the parenting process that change your thinking, as well.

Because I think you realize, at some point, as your kids are growing, that your whole purpose in being a parent is to prepare your children to become independent. It starts when your kids are little and you teach them basic things about manners, safety, how to read, how to dress, then later, how to succeed in school, how to hold a job, how to handle money, how to drive, and all those things. We do this all the way through high school.

But something happens when it comes time for them to graduate from HS and move on to college. You're at a different mindset because it's time for them to leave the nest. That's the time when it all comes together - you've prepared them for independence, and now it's a go; soon, they'll be on their own. There are many, many things that are uncomfortable during this process, but we still have to move forward. We all laugh about parents sitting up worrying waiting for our kids to come home, but that's the reality. We have to let them go at some point, we can't keep them sheltered forever, even if we'd like to. Although there is some sense of joy you get as a parent seeing your kid grow up and spread their wings. It's kind of bittersweet.

Anyway, Natalee had graduated HS and was headed to college in the fall that year. She wasn't going with just one or two other girls, she was going with a huge group of people! One hundred and twenty four other parents all said ok, too, not just the Holloways. I trust that the information they all had was that it was going to be a good, safe trip. I mean, I sit here and think to myself, would I have liked the idea of my DD going on a trip like that? Well, yes and no. I imagine I'd be sitting at home a bit worried about the flight (cause that's me) and about things like accidents and drowning (cause that's me), but I'd also be happy about how much fun she'd be having as well and how well she was growing up. I don't think I'd ever dream that something like what happened, would happen. I know I would have conversations about drinking and about hook ups (although I'd probably imagine that happening more within the group than with strangers from the island), and I'd sincerely hope, and probably believe, that my DD would take my advice. But I'd also know that there are never any guarantees. What I can't imagine is saying No to such a trip if that was what my DD really wanted to do, with this large group of people she/we knew, just because I was worried about her safety. A parent always worries about safety, even on a day to day basis. But it doesn't mean we stop them from living their lives.

Natalee's father was saying that she came to him and told him about the trip and asked if he would pay half (guess mom was paying other half) and he said I took out my checkbook and gave her the check. He said he didn't ask questions, but he had no idea what the drinking age was in Aruba. I think he was feeling the guilt of not asking more questions, hindsight is 20/20.
But really, she was more than likely drugged and so I don't believe she was just getting herself drunk. Whatever they gave her which must have been a huge quantity, killed her. Of course, its his "story" that she just foamed at the mouth and died. Not sure you can believe what comes out his mouth. He brutally killed that poor girl in Peru. Who is to say Natalee didn't resist and try to run and then he raped and killed her. He obviously had it in him and his POS father helped cover it up. I hope he is burning in hell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!