National "discount" question

baileybrad

and Casey, too!
I made a reservation for a full-size car with the Emerald Aisle pick-up several months ago with National using an Entertainment Book coupon for $20 off...the response came back with a listing under "Less Discounts": Entertainment Pub 2003 Main Book -20.00 for my coupon. I went back today and did a check making a new reservation for the same everything including the coupon...well, this time I get the $20 off deduction line from the pre-fee/tax total and also a deduction for something just called out as "Discount" for an additional deduction of $22.66. The pre-fee/tax total is about $4 higher today than it was a few months ago but with the extra $22.66 off, much better deal.\

Any thoughts on what is going on. I plan to keep "both reservations" right now jsut in case there is something incorrect with the "cheaper" one. Our trip is from 6Dec-15Dec so it is not as busy as the Christmas Holidays period. Appreciate any feedback. One other thing I usually go ahead and get a full-size instead of an intermediate and taking advantage of the bump-up because the difference is just a few dollars. I always feel that this gives me more protection when it comes to getting a bit larger vehicle. Wonder if there is any truth to this logic?

You should cancel one of them, otherwise you might get hit with a $50 no show fee on the one you don't use.

I know the Emerald Club contract code is giving a discount again. When I tried it the other day, I think it was 15%. Disney Club gave me 20%.

I always book full size with Emerald Aisle. One time there were no full size on the EA, so I took one off the full size aisle since I had the reservation.

It could be that this time you included the Entertainment book contract code as well as the coupon code. I would make the reservation with the new amount quoted and then cancel the first reservation. You might also want to make a reservation using NHOL in the product rate code field (if you haven't already) It mght save you quite a bit of money as well.

I did the exact same thing for both reservations so that is not what is causing the difference. It sounds like it might be the discount that Debbie B. mentioned for the Emerald Aisle contract.

What is the code NHOL and how is it used?

One other question, if the EA is totally picked over, ie., no non-smoking full size availability, is it allowed to pick a full size from the full size aisle rather than the EA area?

Nhol was a code I got from mousesavers-- anyone can use it. ( I think it's national holiday). I have in the past been able to go to the fullsize isle and get a car when there wasn't anything else on emerald isle.

Yes you can.Last time I used EA(3 weeks ago) there were only 2 Galants on it.Fullsize was full of Intrepids and others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter