National vs Dollar Car Rental

MDCU2003

Had an Awesome Adventure!
I currently have a reservation (5/31-6/7) with National for a full size @170.34 using Entertainment book&coupon. I have now found Dollar @$154.16 using the DESFL code. Is it worth the $16 difference to stay with National or would I be ok to switch? I appreciate your advice.

I use both all of the time. They both have good points. We like using EA for National, so when it's a couple of dollar we stay with National. We like being able to choose our car color with National. Dollar is good too, we always get great cars with that keyless entry (a fun toy for my husband). The counter service has always been quick for us. Both have been great with fast returns and never a problem. I had National, but switched to Dollar for our 2 weeks in May. We got Dollar for $132 base amount for the week. Dollar has some pretty good rates right now. Hopefully National will also drop their base rate even lower, then I will switch back. You can't go wrong with either.

I have used both Dollar and National numerous times on trips to Orlando as well as other places and have never had a bad experience in either. If your rental through National is with Emerald Aisle Service it may be worth paying a little more for the chance to pick your own car/color, etc. If not, personally, I would go with the cheaper of the two. Sixteen Dollars can buy lunch one day... Both National and Dollar are located in the Orlando airport so you just walk across the street to pick up your car. Good Luck.

At National, everyone gets to pick their own car, not just Emerald Aisle. For example, if you book intermediate, when you go to the counter, they will mark intermediate on your papers and then you go over to the garage and pick a car out of the intermediate row. As you exit the garage, you stop at a booth and they mark which car you took. With Emerald Aisle, you have to be an Emerald Club Member, you skip the counter and pick out of your size row or the Emerald Aisle which sometimes has upgrades. You stop as you exit the garage for your paperwork.

we had an absolutely horrendous experience with national our last trip there! I even wrote to disney because they are "partners" it was so bad.

They didnt want to honor the rate we had booked, the counter was understaffed and the reps were down right rude!

Go with the other one.

I have had only good experiences with both. Depending on how many people were going to be in the car, I would consider keeping the National rental (if you have EA) for the chance of getting a larger car than just a full sized. That might be worth the $16. In the past I have gotten an SUV (which I drive up here in Michigan) for a full size price at National's EA. I just did Dollar earlier this month and it was fine and efficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter