Navi strategy

disney144

Mouseketeer
What is the best way to get on Navi river journey? We have fastpasses for FOP. Rope drop? Right before closing? Middle of day?

people have had a pretty easy time with it at rope drop. You don't have to get caught up in the FOP craziness.

We did rope drop back in June and it worked really well. We got to the entrance of the park just a few minutes after it had opened and walked straight to Pandora. When we got in line it was about a 15 to 20 minute wait. I think doing Navi at rope drop is the best strategy - it's not super popular as a rope drop ride so the line isn't very long but you also aren't using up a FP for it. I know many people have been disappointed if they used a FP or had to wait in line very long for it. Personally I think Navi is a beautiful ride, but I agree I wouldn't want to wait any longer than about 30 minutes for it. But, I won't longer than 30 minutes for ANY ride.

Rope drop. Don't be put off by the large crowd--it splits off when you get close to FOP and you find yourself in a much smaller pack that won't fill the Navi queue. At least that's how it worked for us in July.

Rope drop or closing. Either way I wouldn’t wait more than 20 minutes for it, and that’s being generous.

It does greatly depend upon the day. However personally I would do right before closing or later in the evening, I feel like it offers for the most part shorter lines.

Rope drop. Don't be put off by the large crowd--it splits off when you get close to FOP and you find yourself in a much smaller pack that won't fill the Navi queue. At least that's how it worked for us in July.

This is exactly true! We were just there last week....very large crowd was built up at the bridge going into Pandora first thing in the morning at rope drop. When the rope dropped, nearly all went to the right to FOP....we walked right on to Navi with NO wait. We were 3/4's of the way back in the pack as well.
Don't be discouraged by the huge crowd in front of you!

Another vote for rope drop. We went last Saturday, arriving at the park entrance maybe 5-10 minutes after EMH opening. Most of the crowd goes to FoP, so Navi is an easy ride. The sign said 20 minutes when we got to Navi, but it was walk on. We decided to do a second ride right then and by that point the queue had built a little, but it was less than a 15-minute wait.

DH & I were at WDW last week (sigh). We did Navi at rope drop with a 5 min. wait then turned around and did it again with a FP. By that time, it was a 30 min. wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!