NBA at Walt Disney World

So, I am seeing that the Rockets will be staying on at Grand Floridian.

I am so confused, as everything I had seen to this point has said that after this round teams would be moved to/consolidated at GDT.

🤷‍♀️
Given the fact that Disney is keeping most of the resort sides of DVC properties closed indefinitely, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them push back, or cancel, the reopening of GF as the date gets closer. They were probably asked by the Rockets if they could remain there and let them, knowing they may not be reopening.
Well that's pretty crappy if they already know considering the re-opening is in 3 weeks....
This article says they’re given the option to stay until Conference Finals, which Google tells me is Sept 15. That would have no effect on GF re-opening plans.

I personally don’t see them staying on past 9/20. Can you imagine the cost to the NBA to of a contract add-on to keep a second bubble hotel operating for a single team? 🤣

Guess they were thinking if they lose then they would have to leave anyway so might as well give them almost all to the end of this round. Might be still playing, though, to the 16th.

This article says they’re given the option to stay until Conference Finals, which Google tells me is Sept 15. That would have no effect on GF re-opening plans.

I personally don’t see them staying on past 9/20. Can you imagine the cost to the NBA to of a contract add-on to keep a second bubble hotel operating for a single team? 🤣

Especially with it being Grand Floridian. I’m sure Disney would be fine with that lol

Guess they were thinking if they lose then they would have to leave anyway so might as well give them almost all to the end of this round. Might be still playing, though, to the 16th.

After what happened last night, that's for darn sure!

Bud has had many of us Bucks fans perplexed this series.
I'll admit to not keeping up with Bucks news. Has there been confirmation that Giannis' limited minutes are the coaches decision or is he the one that isn't capable or doesn't think he's capable of playing more? It's hard to imagine a coach not playing his star, if he wants to play more.

I'll admit to not keeping up with Bucks news. Has there been confirmation that Giannis' limited minutes are the coaches decision or is he the one that isn't capable or doesn't think he's capable of playing more? It's hard to imagine a coach not playing his star, if he wants to play more.
Post game 3 Giannis said he could play more. Coach Bud said he likes the amount of time he’s been playing Giannis and doesn’t regret not playing him more. Giannis did roll his ankle and was tempered by that a bit as well.

Post game 3 Giannis said he could play more. Coach Bud said he likes the amount of time he’s been playing Giannis and doesn’t regret not playing him more. Giannis did roll his ankle and was tempered by that a bit as well.
I saw the ankle roll, but not the postgame press conference. He did appear to be in pain in the fourth quarter & wasn't very effective, but that's not the reason I wonder about his playing time. His minutes have always been limited considering his talent. It doesn't make much sense, if he wants to play more. I just can't help but wonder who is limiting his minutes. Most superstars make their own rules & set their own minutes.

It's the playoffs. If your best player says he can go, he should be in there more.

Raptors when down in the series 0-2 and Lowry (who also rolled his ankle a couple of games prior) played 46+ minutes in game 3.

I now patiently await Masai to scoop up Giannis after next season ;)

After seeing how this played out, I'm even less convinced the coach is the problem. Most MVPs wouldn't consider sitting out a do or die playoff game with a sprained ankle. By this point in the season, most players aren't 100%.

Last edited:
After seeing how this played out, I'm even less convinced the coach is the problem. Most MVPs wouldn't consider sitting out a do or die playoff game with a sprained ankle. By this point in the season, most players aren't 100%.

The Bucks only win in the Heat series came without Giannis on the court once he exited with the ankle sprain. I think they thought they were better off without him after that.

Welp, looks like with this news, that will end the US men’s teams streak of 3 gold medals in a row at the Olympics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter